Jeep Wave Double Standard

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have also noticed no one waves anymore. When I had my TJ years back the wave was common. Fast forward to 2021 and I rarely get a wave back. I think it’s largely due to every 4th vehicle on the road being a wrangler today. I have always been a fan of the wave, on the motorcycle and on the boat I always wave and often get a wave back. Jeep wave is struggling these days.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Only generation of Jeep that fairly consistently doesn’t do the Jeep wave for me is TJ’s. I think most TJ owners think that the TJ is the end all be all of Jeep’s and anything after it isn’t considered a Jeep to them. Guess it didn’t help that they released the 4 door wrangler and the minivan motor at the same time in 2007.

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
We're new to Jeeps and the wave & I love it. People don't always reciprocate but I don't care. My wife tells me my wave is way too enthusiastic so I've brought it down to just a finger wave.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
OK this has turned into yet another Jeep Wave thread. As we know the basic wave top has been discussed at nauseum. :puke: I was more trying to zero in on the lack of waves for a non moded Jeep, but OK lets have at it.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I'll bet if you drive around in 30 degrees in your Nacho with the top and doors removed you will get lots of waves, and total strangers will toss quarters at you, too...

:LOL:

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Some people really get hurt if you don’t wave back. Wow! That’s exactly why I don’t bother. If the wave for you is about self validation from some insecurity you have, I don’t want anything to do with the likes of you. There was a time when it wasn’t like that and things have changed so I’m out. If I’m in living in your head rent free because I didn’t wave back, you might belong in a Netflix docuseries.

Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Some people really get hurt if you don’t wave back. Wow! That’s exactly why I don’t bother. If the wave for you is about self validation from some insecurity you have, I don’t want anything to do with the likes of you. There was a time when it wasn’t like that and things have changed so I’m out. If I’m in living in your head rent free because I didn’t wave back, you might belong in a Netflix docuseries.
I just wanna know why you don't like me :(

Mgdstar

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X, 2007 & 2008 Sahara Unlimited
When I was living in LA not many people would wave or wave back, now that I live in the mountains of Big Bear Lake almost all do. Must be the mountain air and woods that brings the nature of the Wrangler family out in people.

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Here in Scottsdale It's about a 1/3 of Jeeps wave. Lots of them are bought just as a status symbol. If it rains I need it just to get home as I'm out in the desert. Other Nacho's always wave!
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wave Double Standard IMG_20200627_160524

JeffNJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler JLU Sport S Sarge Green
i award you the day’s winning of the internet award. Well played.
Thank you but which day did I win? That post was from yesterday.
Sponsored