Sponsored

Jeep Wave Double Standard

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
I really enjoy reading these "wave" threads. Me...I have just over 1k miles on stock '21 JLR door soft top. Often seeing jeepers on SoCal roads. Apologies to all those I haven't flash a wave or reciprocated a wave. I do admit that I did, accidently, initiate one wave on a drive, when I was tuned into Lithium and time-warped...forgot that it wasn't the early 2000s ...drivin' my TJ back before Unlimiteds went wagon and Jeep went mainstream.

FYI...so glad it did and allowed the brand to evolve and develop the new rig I have now. I am grateful to all Jeep buyers, and happy for owners.
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
This is what happens when you wave at stock Jeeps :mad:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
There are way too many Jeeps out there, a lot of people (soccer moms and such) dont even know what Jeep wave is. So they just look at you weird.

Driving around town, city, I only wave at a wrangler that has been obviously modified for off roading, or at least looks like it. They always wave back. I never wave at angry grills or mall crawlers, but sometimes they wave at me and I always wave back!.

I always wave at 2 doors and they always wave back. It is usually the 4 doors that look clueless.

Out of town, close to trails and such ALL jeeps wave/get waves.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
This is what happens when you wave at stock Jeeps :mad:
If that were me you were waving to, I wouldn't even be able to see that you waved because you did it too early and didn't keep it up long enough (heh). My old tired eyes wouldn't see the wave until you get closer! Could just be the video though.

Or maybe they heard that horrible music playing and thought better about waving back. Kidding! I couldn't see the other driver to tell if they waved or not, so I'd have to take your word for it.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Once I asked a rich Asian mom why she drives a Wrangler.

She asked, what a Wrangler?

I point to it, your car.

She replied Oh because it look safe.

Don’t think she’ll be waving back.
Some white guy in a Honda Civic blew through a stop sign in front of me. At the next light, I pull up next to him and he yells, “Learn how to drive or get out of America.”

I retort, “Bro, I’m driving a Wrangler and you’re in a Civic… who’s more f****** American?” ;):rock:

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Park your back tire on his hood next time... "practicing" your rock crawling.

Edit: Don't really do that... even though some racists assholes deserve it.
Sponsored