Sponsored

Jeep Water Cooler News - Limited offerings, upcoming models, rumors, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
I just want to know what the next limited edition color is going to be and when. Please say Reign. ;)
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
My guess on color would be the brown on one of the EJS “concept” Jeeps for this year.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I'd trade up if the "refresh" came with:
  1. the new UConnect - especially if it offered some of the software features shown in the Stellantis demo video,
  2. the new inline 6 to replace the Pentastar
  3. or longer-range PHEV in the ~80-100KM range
  4. Full BEV
  5. Must be available in Mojito! Green

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Water Cooler News - Limited offerings, upcoming models, rumors, etc. FB_IMG_1649629299884

I think that this Jeep from EJS is what we will see for the 20th Anniversary Rubicon. A 392 some very mild changes. New design beadlock capable wheels. Red interior, and 37s, maybe. Honestly 35s will probably get the go ahead instead.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Water Cooler News - Limited offerings, upcoming models, rumors, etc. FB_IMG_1649629299884

I think that this Jeep from EJS is what we will see for the 20th Anniversary Rubicon. A 392 some very mild changes. New design beadlock capable wheels. Red interior, and 37s, maybe. Honestly 35s will probably get the go ahead instead.
I like the half doors and One-Touch top! Now I'm going to have to contemplate those.

Sponsored

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
Any word on any other limited edition models, Freedom, Islander?
Wanting to buy before this "refresh" happens. Not wanting to open the hood and seeing nothing but a big battery sitting in there.

Last edited:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
There’s no “refresh”. Just an internet rumor. There may be some new content or options randomly added, like the XR package was in late 2021. Don’t know how the “mid cycle refresh” rumor got started.

Those who always wait for the latest and greatest will never get anything, or if they do, will never be satisfied for fear of missing out.

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
My guess on color would be the brown on one of the EJS “concept” Jeeps for this year.
You may be right, but that would be disappointing. Purple would be the only color I'd trade in my Ocean Blue for in the short term.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I thought Ocean Blue was purple :LOL:

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
When the light hits it right it is, but not often enough lol.

Sponsored

Yankee1019

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 2023 JLU Reign Willys
There’s no “refresh”. Just an internet rumor.
I don't think it's fair to call it an internet rumor. While it hasn't been confirmed by Jeep/Stellantis one way or another it's almost a standard practice that most manufactures to do a mid-cycle refresh.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I don't think it's fair to call it an internet rumor. While it hasn't been confirmed by Jeep/Stellantis one way or another it's almost a standard practice that most manufactures to do a mid-cycle refresh.
I think that with no confirmation, or a leak, or at least a hint, then it absolutely qualifies as a rumor. Someone out there is always itching to share a secret. And there are journalists who constantly keep their eyes and ears open and their cameras ready for just such things.

A new infotainment system, new colors, maybe new trim pieces or wheels. But I've seen nothing that indicates a big, or even significant change, for the JL. If there is from a legitimate source then someone should post it.

I'd like to see the 3.0 inline 6, but I believe it will require so many changes that a new or significantly modified chassis and changes to the firewall would be required.

Right now, incremental changes make more sense. And there have been many done rather than holding them all for a refresh. The most notable ones are the 4Xe and the Extreme Recon. Jeep didn't wait for a refresh to fix the steering, they just did it. Half doors just became available one day out of the blue. Packages have come and gone, Moab, Islander, High Tide to name a few. Colors don't folow year models. As long as supply can't be counted on, I think incremental changes will be the norm for awhile.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I like the half doors and One-Touch top! Now I'm going to have to contemplate those.
Using the online configurator, I just threw together a Hydro Blue 392 with the SOT top and the Dual Door Group. Nothing else.

$85,530.00.

Contemplate away. ;)

--------------

I also configured a 2022 JLU that is identical to my 2021. The price bump was $2.2K. Yeehaw.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I would consider trading my current Rubicon for a '23 with XR package, turbo inline 6 and Uconnect 5. XR was announced ~ 1 month after I placed my order...

I am sure the price would be $10K more than my '21, but if trade in values stay high I would have to seriously think about that.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Using the online configurator, I just threw together a Hydro Blue 392 with the SOT top and the Dual Door Group. Nothing else.

$85,530.00.

Contemplate away. ;)

--------------

I also configured a 2022 JLU that is identical to my 2021. The price bump was $2.2K. Yeehaw.
Eh, I meant getting a set for my existing Jeep. :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.