Sponsored

Old News? No 2.0L eTorque in 2021 Models?

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
Don’t be afraid to buy the non e torque 2.0. I absolutely love mine, I’ve had 2 3.6 JK’s thru the years too and this one is by far my favorite engine. I have mine running 35 inch tires and have zero problems accelerating or not seeing 8th gear. And no I haven’t regeared and I hit 8th as much as I did before the tires.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Don’t be afraid to buy the non e torque 2.0. I absolutely love mine, I’ve had 2 3.6 JK’s thru the years too and this one is by far my favorite engine. I have mine running 35 inch tires and have zero problems accelerating or not seeing 8th gear. And no I haven’t regeared and I hit 8th as much as I did before the tires.
thanks for that feedback, I appreciate. Still looking for a recon before I go to a regular rubicon.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
When I started shopping last fall the 2.0 was a $1000 "upgrade". By the time I got around to visiting dealerships to buy a Wrangler they were offering substantial incentives to entice me to buy one.

My guess is they just aren't popular enough to keep them on the menu, regardless what any of us think about the engine.

MyLilPonyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2012 McLaren 12C
We have a 2018 JLUS with the eTorque 2.0L and have nearly 10,000 miles on it. It has been to about 10 trails, river crossings, mud holes, etc. I'm on a modest 2.5" lift on 35s, and knock on wood, haven't seen a single issue outside of the steering crap with JLs. Wouldn't change a thing on the eTorque personally.

Of course now that I posted that, it will punish me.

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
When I started shopping last fall the 2.0 was a $1000 "upgrade". By the time I got around to visiting dealerships to buy a Wrangler they were offering substantial incentives to entice me to buy one.

My guess is they just aren't popular enough to keep them on the menu, regardless what any of us think about the engine.
Thanks. Makes sense
Sponsored