Sponsored

Jeep off-roading schools

Blacktip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR
Hello:

Is there off-roading schools sponsored by Jeep?

I've just ordered my first Jeep (and first 4x4). I want to learn the basics of driving off roads. I come form motorsport road side. I prefer if the school provide the Jeeps to drive.

I did similar thing when I bought a Corvette. It was sponsored by Chevy. Also, I know Ford have something similar from Bronco buyers.

Thanks
Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
At some of the jeep jamborees they’ll have a small “school” but you use your own jeep. Your best bet is to connect with your local jeep groups and see if they hold any off-road/recovery classes. I know ours has a class like that every so often. Check out YouTube, read, and get out with some jeep groups. Any good group should be able to guide you. We’ve had plenty of newbies join and everyone’s always happy to help break you in.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Sponsored by Jeep? There isn't many.

You'll find the Jeep side is far more community driven than the motorsport side, which is more manufacturer driven. This is mainly because the Jeep community is really strong and skilled, even teaching Jeep a thing or two with their innovations. So Jeep tends to take their hands off the wheel and let the community run with it while they observe.

Your best bet is to find a local Jeep club and have the community teach you on your own Jeep. In general you'll find the Jeep community very welcoming, knowledgeable, helpful and willing to teach. You can find more formal classes out west but again, they're usually not sponsored and mostly BYO Jeep. The kind of classes that you're talking about isn't what Jeep is all about.

TBH, I'd much rather learn from a Jeep community that has done a ton of FAAFO than learn what Jeep thinks their vehicles can do. You'll figure this out pretty quick once you have experiences with a Jeep dealer. They're one of the worst places to get your Jeep serviced. All they know is stock and rarely anything more. Meanwhile, the Jeep is hands down the most owner customized vehicle there is. There are shops that specialize in both stock and customized Jeeps. They tend to be far better.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
Use the badge of honor app. They post upcoming events. Some are training events some are just meet ups. I thinks there’s an upcoming thing for novice and beginner drivers on there right now.

OP
OP

Blacktip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR
Thank you all for the informative responses. I am in Raleigh, NC. I don't use Facebook, or any other social media platform - chose not to long long time ago.

TucsonDweller

First Name
Braden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubi 2.0 eTorque
Thank you all for the informative responses. I am in Raleigh, NC. I don't use Facebook, or any other social media platform - chose not to long long time ago.
Smart man. Though it is inconvenient at times.