Sponsored

Jeep fail

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
But many of the new generation of Jeep folks are assholes. They are envious of those with nicer/better/newer Jeeps. ...

The responses to your post is proof of this. It's also a sad reflection on what the community has become. Also a sad reflection on what society has become. It's all about hate, cancelling those with opposing views, and being Kyle's and Karens.
I trust you're not including me in this group. I have never attacked the OP. I just disagree with her, and have tried to express that disagreement in a civil manner.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
"If thats you" and "if thats your jeep" SMH.

This week its new shoes!
Went with toyo at3 35s and dirty life dt1 matte gold.
Super psyched!

Screenshot_20210726-194733_Gallery.jpg
I'd have used a different finger to reference the 392....

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
It's a sad day as Jeep owners used to be kindred spirits. We'd help each other when needed. We'd enjoy meeting on a trail and having a cook out and some beers at the end of a long hard day on the trails swapping "fishing stories". We'd talk about the good and bad of our different Jeeps. No matter rich or poor, male or female, our Jeeps are what brought us together. It was a good time.

But many of the new generation of Jeep folks are assholes. They are envious of those with nicer/better/newer Jeeps. They don't stop to help those in trouble on the trail. They push past slower groups as their time is more precious. They don't practice tread-lightly.…

The responses to your post is proof of this. It's also a sad reflection on what the community has become. Also a sad reflection on what society has become. It's all about hate, cancelling those with opposing views….
Ouch. What a discouraging perspective. I’m more optimistic.

I bought my first new Jeep, a 1977 CJ7, for $7450. I loved it, and I’ve been attached to Jeeps ever since.

My 2019 JLUR is my 8th Wrangler/CJ. We’ve also had a handful of other Jeep SUVs, including the diesel Grand Cherokee which is our current grocery-getter and grandchild Wagon.

In the 60s and 70s, Jeeps weren’t a status symbol or a social center. The “cool“ people bought hot rods, and wealthy people bought luxury cars. I had never heard of the phrase “tread lightly” until the 90s. (Wilderness was abundant, city people stayed mostly in the cities, we could drive on the beach almost everywhere, and the world was MUCH less crowded and regulated. We didn’t even need spring-loaded, half-twist, EPA-certified, nozzles on our gas cans to stop us from pouring gas all over the driveway.)

It’s different now. Jeeps and the people who buy them have evolved A LOT. The same is true of pickups, dive watches, and hundreds of other things that were designed for a particular purpose, but have been coopted as an image component. I don’t understand this evolution, and Jeep owners don’t look like they used to, but I still find mostly great people driving Jeeps. We’re still a friendly, enthusiastic group of people, most of whom are quick to help.

Manners aren’t uniformly trained and enforced the way they used to be in the 50s and 60s, so, as a group, Americans aren’t as polite as we used to be. The internet also seems to reduce civility — but most Jeepers, including the vast majority of folks on this forum, are kind, considerate on the trail, and quick to offer help.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Ouch. What a discouraging perspective. I’m more optimistic.

I bought my first new Jeep, a 1977 CJ7, for $7450. I loved it, and I’ve been attached to Jeeps ever since.

My 2019 JLUR is my 8th Wrangler/CJ. We’ve also had a handful of other Jeep SUVs, including the diesel Grand Cherokee which is our current grocery-getter and grandchild Wagon.

In the 60s and 70s, Jeeps weren’t a status symbol or a social center. The “cool“ people bought hot rods, and wealthy people bought luxury cars. I had never heard of the phrase “tread lightly” until the 90s. (Wilderness was abundant, city people stayed mostly in the cities, we could drive on the beach almost everywhere, and the world was MUCH less crowded and regulated. We didn’t even need spring-loaded, half-twist, EPA-certified, nozzles on our gas cans to stop us from pouring gas all over the driveway.)

It’s different now. Jeeps and the people who buy them have evolved A LOT. The same is true of pickups, dive watches, and hundreds of other things that were designed for a particular purpose, but have been coopted as an image component. I don’t understand this evolution, and Jeep owners don’t look like they used to, but I still find mostly great people driving Jeeps. We’re still a friendly, enthusiastic group of people, most of whom are quick to help.

Manners aren’t uniformly trained and enforced the way they used to be in the 50s and 60s, so, as a group, Americans aren’t as polite as we used to be. The internet also seems to reduce civility — but most Jeepers, including the vast majority of folks on this forum, are kind, considerate on the trail, and quick to offer help.
Absolutely, applause!

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
It’s different now. Jeeps and the people who buy them have evolved A LOT. The same is true of pickups, dive watches, and hundreds of other things that were designed for a particular purpose, but have been coopted as an image component.
Just imagine how photographers feel! ;)

JackA

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon; Nacho
Vehicle Showcase
Go get em girl!

And I was just hoping for a 392 2-door for Christmas...

Agree on the red, I replaced my Rubi dash inserts with the black leather ones w/red stitching-big improvement IMO.
Can you give me the part number for the black leather W/Red Stitching? I think I would like to change the passenger side panel on our 2021 JL Rubicon in Nacho. The color clash is pretty shocking.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Can you give me the part number for the black leather W/Red Stitching? I think I would like to change the passenger side panel on our 2021 JL Rubicon in Nacho. The color clash is pretty shocking.

Here ya go: 6AC2 61R3 AD-001 and 6AC2 41R3 AA-001. If you do not have the leather package, the matching leather dash pad is: 6AC1 21R3 AC-001.
Now we all know that Mopar changes their part numbers due to changes in vendors but these worked for my 20' JLR and I suspect if they supersede to another part number, they would still fit just fine.

Sponsored

NFWman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grand Cherokee LTD, 2021 JL Rubicon
Now you can get gecko with that red dash. Like wtf Jeep.
LOL! I've got a Gecko JLU Rubi on order, and yes it has the red dash.... I gotta say, I'm excited! And if I get sick of it then I'll do something to change the red dash.

For background, I own a watch company and design watches for a living. A big part of that is dealing with colors. Been doing this for many years, and I can say that no matter how many colors we offer there will ALWAYS be customers complaining that we didn't offer color X in combo with Color Y.....

As far as your post goes, I think it makes for entertaining reading! You be you, and voice your opinion! Life's too short to get our feathers ruffled over something like this. Just find the humor in it, which I think is the spirit in which you intended it anyway!

Now, congrats on that 392!!!

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
"If thats you" and "if thats your jeep" SMH.

This week its new shoes!
Went with toyo at3 35s and dirty life dt1 matte gold.
Super psyched!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep fail 021b6fc9683af6d821fde05345b513de

Just an observation chickadee, have you considered becoming a lobbyist? You seem to have worked this room pretty good.

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum