Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, what's wrong with Gecko and a red dash? It's gonna look rad.

Not your taste? That's OK! Your Jeep probably isn't to my taste, either.

1627265716996.png
15 minutes could save you 15% šŸ¦Ž
Sponsored

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
Wait, what's wrong with Gecko and a red dash? It's gonna look rad.

Not your taste? That's OK! Your Jeep probably isn't to my taste, either.

1627265716996.png
that makes me glad i got a gray dash on my mojito and proves she is absolutely right

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Ummm like this?

20210725_170303.jpg
This would bother me the most, unless both outer panels om both seats looked the same, but even then... The tailgate plaque can be changed easy enough.

My sister is looking at Islanders. There was a Snazberry one with blue stitching on the seats. In no way does marron and blue look good together. Especially when the dash panels are painted white.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Agreed, this color combo works just fine.
WHAHHHHH????? are you both effin insane ????? the "Lipstick" Stylists at Jeep are color blind, lazy, incoherent, halfassed. no effort, thoughtless, dropping the ball while going downhill and throwing shit at the Jeep to see what sticks while forgetting about attention to detail... WTF !!!!!!!!

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
WHAHHHHH????? are you both effin insane ????? the "Lipstick" Stylists at Jeep are color blind, lazy, incoherent, halfassed. no effort, thoughtless, dropping the ball while going downhill and throwing shit at the Jeep to see what sticks while forgetting about attention to detail... WTF !!!!!!!!
So I guess you donā€™t like it?

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
For years now jeep designers have dropped the ball. I donā€™t work and have no plans to work but for jeep I would reconsider bc they seriously need someone who isnā€™t color blind and is coherent to handle their ā€œlipstickā€ department.

It started going downhill when jeep had the brilliant idea that a red dash would be loved by all and match all the rubi exterior colors. It didnt. Now you can get gecko with that red dash. Like wtf Jeep. Jeepā€™s styling has become halfassed at best. No effort. No thought. My 392 didnā€™t even get the 392 tailgate badge, for some idiot threw on the standard jl badge like I wouldnā€™t notice, and it happened on MANY 392ā€™s. Jeep also decided to put a matte chrome ring all over the place on the dash and gear shift, but leaves the empty indentation around the cup holder less than 1 inch away from the gear shift. If you arenā€™t familiar with the 392, it was detailed in a gold bronze color. But again Jeep failed and used multiple colors that donā€™t even match. The gold wheels are mostly platinum. The 392 s gold bronze. The shocks are gold. The rubi lettering is outlined in brownish bronze. The stitching on the seats is a tan orange and Jeep didnt even try to incorporate one of their many gold bronze colors in the interior minus the thread fail. It seems with every additional model Jeep throws at us, they forget about attention to detail. They just throw shit at the jeep and see what sticks. Given the amount of options, we could be ordering some badassed looking stock Jeepā€™s if only Jeep was ā€œa la cartā€ instead of no choice within model.

but really
HIRE ME BECAUSE YOUR STYLIST IS COLORBLIND, LAZY, AND IS CRAP. even high I could do
a better job bc I learned how to match colors in kindergarten.

AND NO ONE WANTS THAT STUPID ā€œUNLIMITEDā€ decal. In fact. Delete all decals it would make my life easier bc I wouldnā€™t have to remove them allā€¦.

but geez I love Jeepā€™sā€¦. Especially my 9th oneā€¦ the 392! Kicks ass.
tenor.gif

Sponsored

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Ummm like this?
It's just leather next to vinyl.

Suggestion - get a quality leather cleaner and a horsehair brush and clean and brush the entire seat, wipe dry, then apply conditioner and buff dry with microfiber. This will hide the mismatch. I do it with all my vehicles because i've never seen one where the vinyl and leather match perfectly. Both color and texture are always slightly different.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
For years now jeep designers have dropped the ball. I donā€™t work and have no plans to work but for jeep I would reconsider bc they seriously need someone who isnā€™t color blind and is coherent to handle their ā€œlipstickā€ department.

It started going downhill when jeep had the brilliant idea that a red dash would be loved by all and match all the rubi exterior colors. It didnt. Now you can get gecko with that red dash. Like wtf Jeep. Jeepā€™s styling has become halfassed at best. No effort. No thought. My 392 didnā€™t even get the 392 tailgate badge, for some idiot threw on the standard jl badge like I wouldnā€™t notice, and it happened on MANY 392ā€™s. Jeep also decided to put a matte chrome ring all over the place on the dash and gear shift, but leaves the empty indentation around the cup holder less than 1 inch away from the gear shift. If you arenā€™t familiar with the 392, it was detailed in a gold bronze color. But again Jeep failed and used multiple colors that donā€™t even match. The gold wheels are mostly platinum. The 392 s gold bronze. The shocks are gold. The rubi lettering is outlined in brownish bronze. The stitching on the seats is a tan orange and Jeep didnt even try to incorporate one of their many gold bronze colors in the interior minus the thread fail. It seems with every additional model Jeep throws at us, they forget about attention to detail. They just throw shit at the jeep and see what sticks. Given the amount of options, we could be ordering some badassed looking stock Jeepā€™s if only Jeep was ā€œa la cartā€ instead of no choice within model.

but really
HIRE ME BECAUSE YOUR STYLIST IS COLORBLIND, LAZY, AND IS CRAP. even high I could do
a better job bc I learned how to match colors in kindergarten.

AND NO ONE WANTS THAT STUPID ā€œUNLIMITEDā€ decal. In fact. Delete all decals it would make my life easier bc I wouldnā€™t have to remove them allā€¦.

but geez I love Jeepā€™sā€¦. Especially my 9th oneā€¦ the 392! Kicks ass.
I was just relieved that my 4xe Rubicon didn't come with a bright blue dash.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
One thing i enjoy about grey metallic is the interior dark panels match the paint that flows thru the interior.
My Jeep is pretty consistent with color Grey Metallic,black rims,caramel stitching....

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
One thing i enjoy about grey metallic is the interior dark panels match the paint that flows thru the interior.
My Jeep is pretty consistent with color Grey Metallic,black rims,caramel stitching....
Yeah, I've always bought a darker colored Jeep since most of the accents are black. I do like the contrast of the blue stitching against the black interior though. It's subtle unlike the fluorescent front tow hooks which I re-painted.
Sponsored