Sponsored

It's a "Jeep Thing"!!!!!!!

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Going into the dealership for necessary warranty work.

1. ESS battery going bad. Not charging properly
2. Power Steering Box needs replacement. Wanders on the highway.
3. Bubbles in paint. Oxidation around one hood hinge.
4. Rear Window Defrost cable connection broke.

I sure hope these problems arent going to plague this JL every year or two. It is a 2018(bought Sept 2018), and only 15,000 miles.

It would be interesting to see everyones list of warranty work that people had to have done.

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far the only prior issues I had was that the A/C was not engaging properly. The dealership replaced the A/C Control Cluster, and that fixed the issue.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)

I sure hope these problems arent going to plague this JL every year or two. It is a 2018(bought Sept 2018), and only 13,000 miles.

It would be interesting to see everyones list of warranty work that people had to have done.

2020 JLUR with 4700 Miles (3.6 Pentastar without eTorque and 8 speed auto). Custom ordered July 2019 with almost everything in you can think of minus ACC. Was delivered Sept 2019. Jeep is mainly still factory stock.

Only warranty work that is pending so far is the Steering Box (i have been lazy). There is also some scratched paint. Got an Oil Change done once so far. Intend on getting the Steering fixed during my first scheduled Tire Rotation (Nov or Dec).

no major complaints so far. Love my rig and cannot ask for better.

golong27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
2018 JLUS with 22k miles. I've had the steering box and steering stabilizer replaced and the rear defroster connect fixed.

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
2019 JLUR

-master cylinder replaced (brakes mushy, turn out their was a small leak)
-put on list for new steering gear, waiting on parts to arrive (about a month)
-rear wiring harness clip broke at some point, I noticed it on Saturday when I tried removing hard top. It wouldn't budge. Finally got it loose, a small piece of plastic had been jammed in there. It works still so i'm not messing with it.

I'm losing my patience. If any drivetrain gremlins rear their head, I'm waiting until the payoff and then washing my hands of FCA for good.

That being said, I still enjoy the Jeep. But I don't see me keeping this long-term. Not unless I can go more than 6 months without issues popping up. I'll most likely just grab a Toyota if that happens.

Sponsored

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
2020 JLUR with approximately 7,000 miles. Lifted and 37" Tires. No issues whatsoever. Loving every second of it....

IMG_2792.jpg

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
I just bought a used 2020 JLU Sahara with 15,000 miles on it. Have had it for a week and the Elec Stability Control light came on and now the steering wheel is off center 2-3". Daughter was driving it Friday night when the light came on. Saturday morning noticed the front bumper had a small scratched spot on one side. She swears she didn't hit anything. Scratches look like she could have been turning the wheel while backing out and scraped the bumper against a tree or shrubs. Not sure if this caused the ESC issue but it's going in tomorrow.

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought a used 2020 JLU Sahara with 15,000 miles on it. Have had it for a week and the Elec Stability Control light came on and now the steering wheel is off center 2-3". Daughter was driving it Friday night when the light came on. Saturday morning noticed the front bumper had a small scratched spot on one side. She swears she didn't hit anything. Scratches look like she could have been turning the wheel while backing out and scraped the bumper against a tree or shrubs. Not sure if this caused the ESC issue but it's going in tomorrow.
Yes.. Sounds like she possibly hit something. That light will come on due to the steering wheel being off center.. I would assume for it to be that far off center something had to have been hit fairly decent. . but its only a 3min fix to straighten it back out. As long as nothing got bent.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I sure hope these problems arent going to plague this JL every year or two. It is a 2018(bought Sept 2018), and only 15,000 miles.

Update

The JL is still in the shop.
Rear window defroster fixed.
They sourced an updated Steering Box, and will install it tomorrow, they were waiting on proper bolts???
The ESS not working and saying charging battery, is supposedly fixed. They said a sensor was replaced. We will see about that one.
The bubble in the paint has been approved to be fixed by FCA, but needs to be dropped off for several more days. I will do that another week.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Call me cynical but if your daughter is a teenager just about anything could have happened. When my son was 16 he came home with a spare tire mounted and a bent up rim and destroyed tire in the trunk. He said the “curb jumped out in front of him”. Scratch on the bumper....there’s more to that story. Just saying....

Sponsored

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Call me cynical but if your daughter is a teenager just about anything could have happened. When my son was 16 he came home with a spare tire mounted and a bent up rim and destroyed tire in the trunk. He said the “curb jumped out in front of him”. Scratch on the bumper....there’s more to that story. Just saying....
Hope the boy didn’t get an ass whooping for that one lol

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
I bought my 2019 JL Sport on jan 20, 2020. Base with V6, hardtop, AC, and auto. It only as 3K miles on it now. Pandemic has put a damper on driving places. Stock other than tire upgrade and bestop sunrider for hardtop. So far zero issues other than one cold drive the radio volume screen popped up randomly. Driven through deepish snow during winter which was fun and about 40 miles of washboard dirt roads this summer that wasn't. One oil change so far. First thing I did when I got it was open the fuse box and push down to seat all the fuses/relays. Some really pushed down a bit to click in. Drives straight, no steering or wandering complaints. Flawless thus far.

Jeep Wrangler JL It's a "Jeep Thing"!!!!!!! 100_5125.JPG
Sponsored