OP

Dono

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Interesting. I am very curious how they can do any compression tests, with a non-running engine, with a broken timing chain. Sounds like a BS answer, to pacify you. If I were you, before taking you keys(fob) back, I would do a real good listen for any ticking sounds, with the hood up. Then go for a drive, with the service guy riding shotgun. On the drive, redline it a few times, and listen for any unusual noises, especially at idle. Then do another good listen for sounds, with the hood up.
Also, ask for an extended warranty on the engine.

They did a leakdown, which doesn't require a running engine. I got on with the service manager, and I'm satisfied for now. Should be getting it back today.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
There is no way they would elect to do a rebuild of that motor, it would cost more in labor hours than it would for a mexican factory to send a new 3.6. This is an incredibly uncommon occurrence, I would love to know if the chain actually broke (which, statistically, never happens) or if a chain tensioner gave out and it jumped time.
Possibly not at the FCA warranty labor rate...

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
They did a leakdown, which doesn't require a running engine. I got on with the service manager, and I'm satisfied for now. Should be getting it back today.
Well, how does it sound and drive??