First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Oh how I feel your pain trust me...fight em' till they fix or you can just deal. Last thing I wanted was some :asshat: to disassemble my brand new rubicon! Trust me I feel your pain msrp=58,700
20180816_111734.jpg
20180816_111656.jpg
20180816_111600.jpg
20180816_111622.jpg
20180816_111539.jpg
That is probably not factory. Damaged in transit then fixed upon arrival. Very poor job though.
Sponsored

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
That is probably not factory. Damaged in transit then fixed upon arrival. Very poor job though.
No it was def from factory...corner of panel was not fully painted, chips in paint are air bubbles that broke at the tip, also other pic is air bubble. The flare issue wasn't actually a dent it was wavey that looked like a dent.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Oh how I feel your pain trust me...fight em' till they fix or you can just deal. Last thing I wanted was some :asshat: to disassemble my brand new rubicon! Trust me I feel your pain msrp=58,700
20180816_111734.jpg
20180816_111656.jpg
20180816_111600.jpg
20180816_111622.jpg
20180816_111539.jpg
No way I would settle for that. It looks like more ten 50% of your JL will need to be repaired and painted. Your JL should be a buy-back.

Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Just picked up my JL Sahara in billet metallic, I know not the most popular colour but it was my first choice and I (and my 6 yr old) love it. Had a Liberty a decade ago, but this is my first Wrangler. Today’s my first long drive, but so far I’m loving the vehicle. Steering is pretty loose at 12:00 but not a huge bother yet. Here’s my issue: on close inspection (in my driveway) I noticed this ding that appears to have occurred at the factory (as it was finished over). I’m worried it could create a vulnerability to corrosion. I’m sure the vehicle will get plenty of dings over the years, but it’s a new vehicle I just paid over $50k for (and was a month later than promised), so I’m wondering if I should have it addressed or ignore it. The dealership has been a huge pain to deal with, btw, and I don’t trust them at all, so I’m a bit loath to go back (I did send them the picture and they ignored my email). Also, a wheel lock charge ($150) showed up on my bill when I picked the vehicle up (not on my original purchase agreement, but final price was almost the same)... didn’t see/notice anything different on wheel nuts or receive anything (I assume I’m not looking in the right place). Thanks!
0B85A88A-92A7-43EA-B96E-64CFB8ADEAFB.jpeg
5559B0EF-58F9-423E-BACA-D7DA2EF081D8.jpeg
91D06FFE-C119-4AF1-BA08-3C8D6AEDF9C0.jpeg
Very nice looking Jeep but QC should of caught that at the factory . When my 19 JLUR comes in I'm going over it with a fine tooth comb !

Snowjeep

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Ridgeline
Also had issues with dented fender(being replaced) and plastic parts that weren't fully installed correctly. Nevermind hassle of dealing with dealership...one guy told me " it's a jeep guy, there not supposed to be perfect". Almost ended up in jail that day.
Please tell me you're getting a new JL after all of this. I'm sure you've posted your story on this somewhere but I see this massive issue you have and I pray that you are being made whole by getting a brand new Jeep. Anything less just wouldn't be right in my book.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Crazy--I wouldn't sign for/.buy the RED JOB/Mine was (PERFECT)--BUT-

On the BILLETT METALIC JOB--I'd have the dealer OFFICIALLY NOTE- the customer complaint/W PIC--then

FAGETABOUTIT

W.E.

JIMBO

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Just picked up my JL Sahara in billet metallic, I know not the most popular colour but it was my first choice and I (and my 6 yr old) love it. Had a Liberty a decade ago, but this is my first Wrangler. Today’s my first long drive, but so far I’m loving the vehicle. Steering is pretty loose at 12:00 but not a huge bother yet. Here’s my issue: on close inspection (in my driveway) I noticed this ding that appears to have occurred at the factory (as it was finished over). I’m worried it could create a vulnerability to corrosion. I’m sure the vehicle will get plenty of dings over the years, but it’s a new vehicle I just paid over $50k for (and was a month later than promised), so I’m wondering if I should have it addressed or ignore it. The dealership has been a huge pain to deal with, btw, and I don’t trust them at all, so I’m a bit loath to go back (I did send them the picture and they ignored my email). Also, a wheel lock charge ($150) showed up on my bill when I picked the vehicle up (not on my original purchase agreement, but final price was almost the same)... didn’t see/notice anything different on wheel nuts or receive anything (I assume I’m not looking in the right place). Thanks!
0B85A88A-92A7-43EA-B96E-64CFB8ADEAFB.jpeg
5559B0EF-58F9-423E-BACA-D7DA2EF081D8.jpeg
91D06FFE-C119-4AF1-BA08-3C8D6AEDF9C0.jpeg
That should of never left the factory like that !

ncarter124

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list (seriously)
This might be an 'outside the box' thing... but take it to another dealer. Simply tell them your situation and ask for their opinion of whether or not it was a factory defect or not. I say this because at a dealer you didn't buy it from, they don't have a vested interest - IE they have nothing to gain by saying it's not a defect. Once/if they conclude it is indeed a factory defect, ask for it in writing in an official capacity (printed on dealer paper not written a post-it) and then take it back to the dealer you purchased it from - at which point if they balk on it at all, firmly-but-nicely tell them you need to speak to the owner of the dealership, and have that persons name ready to drop. That will hopefully get their attention and make them more apt to work with you on fixing it. I could be way off but this is the approach I would attempt.
Sponsored