Sponsored

Is this normal?

YJdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ 4.0, 2021 JL Willys Sport
I have to ask. Why would you ever consider that could be the "normal" condition for a console?
Probably because these babies sometimes get delivered from factory with shit batteries, loose fuses, way mismatched color on half doors, extremely overinflated tires, etc. Getting delivered with a floppy console wouldn't surprise me in the least.

OP... Don't waste time looking for diagrams or schematics. Just dig in there and find out what's up.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Apexcars

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500
New 22 JLUR with cloth interior. Those are the stock cup holders. As to why it might be normal, itā€™s not falling out and there are plenty of other things that are normal for Jeeps that arenā€™t normal for other vehicles.

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. They must have added the cup holders after 2020. My bad. I had to add them myself in the aftermarket.

If you can I would make an appointment to have dealer correct it. I'm a dig in myself type of guy...but then you risk screwing it up more. Dealer needs to fix it under warranty.
Some bracket and/or screws are loose. After taking the center console apart myself....I would say don't do it. Its an awkward anatomical position to be in and many of the screws are tiny. Also some of the edges are sharp and I cut myself a few places. You shouldn't have to waste your time figuring it out.

Let us know what it ends up being!

Grayhound

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlurd
There is a bolt on each side (10m). If you slide the front seats forward and look at each side youā€™ll see a little plastic door that pops out. I would see if your bolts are in and secure. A side note, I tucked my all weather mats under the console because I didnā€™t like the way they came apart, which is what stick out to me watching your video.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Ok. They must have added the cup holders after 2020. My bad. I had to add them myself in the aftermarket.
No. Cupholders on the floor behind the console are standard for all cloth seat optioned Wranglers.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
No. Cupholders on the floor behind the console are standard for all cloth seat optioned Wranglers.
I don't think that things are ever simple. My 2020 JLR has leather seats (tan) and cup holders behind the console.

Sponsored

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
it was probly installed on a "Monday"

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
Or a Friday

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
This one came off the line and the inspector asked "Are there at least 5 loose fuses?" and the assembler replied "nope, i left something else loose this time ;)"

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
What the heck....?
Now im just feeling jipped with my leather seat package. šŸ˜†

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
What the heck....?
Now im just feeling jipped with my leather seat package. šŸ˜†
theyā€™re on your rear seat. Leaving the rear seat console down makes them easy to reach from the front seat.
Sponsored