Sponsored

Intermittent BSM

Hinxster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Hello - The mirror indicators for the Blind Spot Monitoring system mirror on my 2018 JLUR only function on an intermittent basis. The good news is that the BSM activates the indicators during the presence of large SUV's and trucks. The bad news is that it fails to visually warn the presence of regular passenger cars. I recently installed the Jeep factory 2 inch lift kit, Jeep bead lock capable wheels and BFG 35 inch K02 tires and wonder if any of that is affecting the BSM system. I checked for DTC error codes using the Tazer JL Mini and there are none. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hinxster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Bump. Hoping that a Jeep dealer service person sees this and is able to comment.

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

It's gotta be because the lift. Not sure how but I'm sure if you youtube that shit you can figure out how to calibrate those sensors.

Also you could just look over your shoulder and check.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

It's gotta be because the lift. Not sure how but I'm sure if you youtube that shit you can figure out how to calibrate those sensors.

Also you could just look over your shoulder and check.
I don't think that a lift would impact it. Bigger tires, however, might. That's why the XR package has extended tail lights.

Bob Burd

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snwburd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Lift and tires both raise the sensor level, so you'd expect them to similarly contribute. Still, you wouldn't think it'd be sensitive to a 3-5" change

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hinxster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Bumping this topic again with the hope that a Jeep service rep can help with a solution and/or just let me know if there's any way to adjust the blind spot monitoring sensors.