Sponsored

Install Warn Elite front bumper

Threads
Reaction score
Website
from2hito4lo.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 JKUR
Anybody install Warn's elite front bumper (full)? Keeping factory fog lights and we're gonna have to cut the ears on the housing and go find some bolts to make it work. Seems a little ridiculous. Is there something we're missing? Looked everywhere in the box. Why shouldn't it bolt straight up with factory lights? Don't know what else we'll encounter yet. Thought Warn was better than this.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It's because there are 3 different mounting configurations for the JL fog lights, first depending on whether they are LED or not, and then LED's mounted in the OEM steel bumper vs the plastic bumper are also different. What do the mounting holes on the bumper look like?

LeoD

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Real Estate Sales
I have the same question, I have the Rubicon plastic bumper with the LED lights.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Would be nice to know what lights OP is trying to fit up, I spoke with Warn's customer service and they didn't seem to really know what I was talking about, and said that all OEM fog lights should mount up. Would really like for someone else to be the guinea pig.

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I had my dealer instal my elite full width bumper on the JLUR. I had plastic oem bumpers with LED light group. Service tech said he had to trim the LED light housing - probably same thing OP is saying.

2FBC2F9D-7B0F-4A0B-9227-2555E5521272.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
From 2HI to 4LO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
from2hito4lo.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 JKUR
Yes, that's what we had to do. Didn't realize there were different configurations for the plastic/steel stock bumpers. Just make sure you trim the right side when you do!!

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
For those who had to trim: how stable do you reckon it is with just the two attachment points on one side? With the steel bumper fog lights, there's at least a substantial plastic mounting "plate" that I'm sure provides some stability. I'm worried that with either of the other fog lights, the thinner plastic would eventually crack if it allows the fog light to gently vibrate/rock back and forth. Want to pull the trigger on this bumper but Warn only gave me a generic, "We're not aware of any issues" response. I've got the LED fogs from the factory plastic bumper...

davidschmaus

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I did the install and for now left the fog lights out. I ordered the Kchilites LED fogs in amber and will make those work

achaffee86

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm installing this now and am extremely frustrated. For those of you that completed the install ease help keep out.

I had a plastic bumper and am following those directions. First question is how did you route the wiring harness for the fog lights?

Second question: How did you install the frame doubler plate? It says put in bolts but never references nuts or torquing them down.

Third question: Where the hell is the frame support gussets? The step says to remove two nuts holding the frame support gussets. The picture makes no sense to me.

Fourth question: Did you trim both sides of your frame rails to fit a zeon winch?

Please help!

WestKY

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4, Jl 2Dr Sport Granite Cyrstal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Yes OEM halogen fogs will need trimming, also on a note here if your planning on installing Xeon winch the frame rails has to be trimmed also the other winches fit without trimming. Neither was a big deal. I used a small grinder with Cutoff wheel.

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Any able to chime in on what I might be doing wrong with these brackets for my 2022 JLURD w/ factory plastic bumper. The LED fogs are going into the full width elite warn and I can't get the lights to be level with the provided holes. Am I missing something, or are the brackets wrong?

Jeep Wrangler JL Install Warn Elite front bumper 20220513_213514

Jeep Wrangler JL Install Warn Elite front bumper 20220513_213549

Jeep Wrangler JL Install Warn Elite front bumper 20220513_213612
Sponsored