Initial Impressions

Lee Woiteshek

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Ordered a loaded Rubicon on Aug 11, built Oct 4, delivered Oct 25. Dealer was in Denver, I live about 100 miles south. The only viable way to get to Denver is by expressway and we are talking 75-85 mph for a bit over 100 miles. I didn't think this was a good idea for a engine with 12 miles on it, so I had it delivered by flatbed to my home. My tires were at 44 pounds, I lowered to 38, fuses were all good, and my regen latched, so I am ASSUMING all the other software updates were done. Steering in mine is fine. So far the build quality seems good. No squeaks or rattles. I haven't quite wrapped my head around how quiet it is. Or how fast the torque comes. Ordered Weather Tech floor mats and cargo liner. As this was ordered to my specs, there was no discount and I walked out with MSRP. I didn't have enough tax deduction for the fed tax rebate, so I leased the vehicle. I did all of this online, having never sat in a Wrangler. I'm 6'3 280 and it's suprisingly comfortable. Seats wrap around you and leg room is good. Not great but good. Plenty of headroom. Not wild about the door mirrors. They seem small. As I write this I have about 60 miles on the odometer and that's my only real gripe.
Sponsored

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Ordered a loaded Rubicon on Aug 11, built Oct 4, delivered Oct 25. Dealer was in Denver, I live about 100 miles south. The only viable way to get to Denver is by expressway and we are talking 75-85 mph for a bit over 100 miles. I didn't think this was a good idea for a engine with 12 miles on it, so I had it delivered by flatbed to my home. My tires were at 44 pounds, I lowered to 38, fuses were all good, and my regen latched, so I am ASSUMING all the other software updates were done. Steering in mine is fine. So far the build quality seems good. No squeaks or rattles. I haven't quite wrapped my head around how quiet it is. Or how fast the torque comes. Ordered Weather Tech floor mats and cargo liner. As this was ordered to my specs, there was no discount and I walked out with MSRP. I didn't have enough tax deduction for the fed tax rebate, so I leased the vehicle. I did all of this online, having never sat in a Wrangler. I'm 6'3 280 and it's suprisingly comfortable. Seats wrap around you and leg room is good. Not great but good. Plenty of headroom. Not wild about the door mirrors. They seem small. As I write this I have about 60 miles on the odometer and that's my only real gripe.
Congrats! If u don’t mind me asking, What did a loaded Rubi lease out at? Also pics , We need pics. Let’s see that beast!

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Wow! Bought it blind. Congrats!!!!
Hope you enjoy it as much as we all love ours 🥰

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I've become concerned about the tax rebate as well. I'm not sure my household will qualify for the whole thing either.

I've NEVER even thought about leasing, but I don't want to lose out on thousands off.

Positives? Negatives?

We're getting ours through Peterson's in Idaho. It's right down the road.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lee Woiteshek

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
No i25 on your way home? It's an adventure all by itself. :CWL:

Congrats on the new Jeep! Where's the pics?
I'm such an idiot when it comes to computers I don't have the brainpower to even change the auto in my avatar. Pictures are a level far beyond my capability. It was 75K and change when I was through with all the things I just HAD to have on the 4xe. I did a 48 month lease, the dealership scooped up the 7500 rebate, at no money down, payments were 935.00 for 10K miles a year. That was a bit high for me, so I put 4K down and lowered the payment to 800 a month. Dealer told me that the average payment for this rig if bought outright is 1700.00 a month. Residual is 45K. I will revist this in four years and see how much battery life has changed in the interim. I'm retired and other than the occasional hunting/fishing trip in the Rockies, the daily duties are doctor and groceries. All within 20 miles. 'm lucky if I do 5K a year in driving. Expect it will December before I reach the 300 mile breakin if then.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Lee Woiteshek

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
As much as I am a doofus when it comes to computers, clueless doesn't quite describe me when it comes to taxes. So I have a CPA and I spoke with him regarding the rebate and he determined that I only had 2500 in Federal liability. So I'd lose a large portion of the federal tax incentive because I just don't qualify anymore. So in my case, if I wanted the full bennie of 7500 I had to lease. For whatever reason, you don't get benefit at the time of purchase as a rebate, and then only if you qualify at tax time.

OP
OP

Lee Woiteshek

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Negatives on leasing are you have to decide whether or not you are going to keep said vehicle at the end of term. If you do you have to buy it AGAIN. At 75K I'm certain if you return it, they will sell it close to residual. Some banks won't allow out of state leasing. If you purchase in Idaho and try and lease it and live in Colorado, the banks may not let you. If you run over the agreed upon milage stated in the contract it gets expensive quickly. My contract states a 20cent per mile penalty over 40K. Lastly modifications are generally a no no. Unless it was part of your factory package. Positives of leasing are you can purchase a lot more vehicle than you can usually afford. If it's a lemon, or going bad at the end of the term you can just give it back, not take a hit and get something else. Some states will allow even license plates to be a part of the contract so all you have to do is routine maintence.
Sponsored

Last edited: