OP
OP
sconrad24

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Just adding an update - 32 miles electric this morning! I can't believe it. I took the back way into work today. Theres only a 10 mile stretch of open highway. Its mostly 45-55 mph zones with lights or stop and go traffic. I wasnt trying for the most miles but wasnt in a hurry either, just driving normal. To my surprise when I shut it off, 32 miles electric and 16 Hybrid! I tried to grab my phone to get a picture but it shut off before I could. Checking the map, The town it switched over to ICE near is about 30 miles away. I did not have MAX REGEN on until the very end when I hit traffic. Well after I ran out of battery.
Sponsored

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
Had my 4XE for 5 days now. 400 miles. Drive home from Gupton (3hours) was great. No issues whatsoever. On the 2nd day of ownership I did pull up to a stop sign and the Jeep started flashing signals, the D for Drive was flashing and the car would not go. I turned it off and it immediately turned back on and ran without an issue. Has not happened again since then. Hopefully was just a fluke, certainly don't need that happening in a more serious situation.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Had my 4XE for 5 days now. 400 miles. Drive home from Gupton (3hours) was great. No issues whatsoever. On the 2nd day of ownership I did pull up to a stop sign and the Jeep started flashing signals, the D for Drive was flashing and the car would not go. I turned it off and it immediately turned back on and ran without an issue. Has not happened again since then. Hopefully was just a fluke, certainly don't need that happening in a more serious situation.
@JeepCares , you see this?

OP
OP
sconrad24

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure why this is on my thread? There’s plenty of threads with 4xe issues please post there. Not trying to have another 4xe dies doing x thread.

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, is this guy serious? I am overall very happy with my purchase. I also said it has not happened again since the incident on day 2. I didn't read the disclaimer/fine print about what could and couldn't be posted in "your thread" in an open forum. In all my posts in the gladiator and wrangler forums this is the silliest thing I have seen thus far, well maybe not the silliest. But definitely the most directly confrontational towards myself for no apparent reason. Carry on...

Sponsored

OP
OP
sconrad24

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, is this guy serious? I am overall very happy with my purchase. I also said it has not happened again since the incident on day 2. I didn't read the disclaimer/fine print about what could and couldn't be posted in "your thread" in an open forum. In all my posts in the gladiator and wrangler forums this is the silliest thing I have seen thus far, well maybe not the silliest. But definitely the most directly confrontational towards myself for no apparent reason. Carry on...
It reads like every other 4xe hate posts, I was doing x and then my 4xe died. Then the poster ghosts and is never seen again. Plenty of threads like that. It did not ask anything of me, comment on anything posted or add anything. So go troll on “don’t buy 4xe” or “Major issues with 4xe” or any other of threads on this site or the 4xe Forum.

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
There is a slight hum I heard when backing up in electric with the windows down. Got louder in my garage of course. I know its there to warn pedestrians but Im not a huge fan. I wonder if in the future we can pick a different sound... The wife was with me last night on the way home so we had the music on of course. I would have loved to just listen to everything, getting a feel to how it drives. I have only drove a JL with the 3.6, never the 2.0t before. When does it click on decel? Mine shuts the engine off after a second or 2 of decel. Does that happen on the regular 2.0 and is that when you'd hear a click?
As others have mentioned; likely a speaker you could unplug. Glad you like it, I'm happy these hybrids are like a gateway to a full EV as its hard for some to make the leap alone.

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It reads like every other 4xe hate posts, I was doing x and then my 4xe died. Then the poster ghosts and is never seen again. Plenty of threads like that. It did not ask anything of me, comment on anything posted or add anything. So go troll on “don’t buy 4xe” or “Major issues with 4xe” or any other of threads on this site or the 4xe Forum.
This guy apparently has some serious issues. I'm very happy with my 4xE. Also I am a purchaser of a 4XE, so I am not just spewing garbage about something I don't own. I made a very nonchalant comment about a one off experience that has not been reproduced since. I am not here to ask anything of you, or lift you up in any way. I would just expect a certain amount of decorum and respect among members. Your comment was totally uncalled for, try to justify it all you will.

OP
OP
sconrad24

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As others have mentioned; likely a speaker you could unplug. Glad you like it, I'm happy these hybrids are like a gateway to a full EV as its hard for some to make the leap alone.
Im on the bandwagon. It’s amazing how well this small electric motor moves the Jeep. Can’t imagine how a 250-300hp electric wrangler would feel! The only thing that would be holding me back is public charging. It all depends how available stations are. But charging at home is only a dollar and change for ~25 miles. So performance and cost are definitely positives for Evs.

OP
OP
sconrad24

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This guy apparently has some serious issues. I'm very happy with my 4xE. Also I am a purchaser of a 4XE, so I am not just spewing garbage about something I don't own. I made a very nonchalant comment about a one off experience that has not been reproduced since. I am not here to ask anything of you, or lift you up in any way. I would just expect a certain amount of decorum and respect among members. Your comment was totally uncalled for, try to justify it all you will.
Again I started this thread about my experiences and for anyone looking for feedback on 4xe. Not interested in x happened and my 4xe died discussions. Those are all over the place here and on other forums. If you aren’t trolling and read the other posts you would have known. On page one I even mention how those threads made me question my purchase. If you are trolling I’m done and I apologize to anyone (if there is anyone) following.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Im on the bandwagon. It’s amazing how well this small electric motor moves the Jeep. Can’t imagine how a 250-300hp electric wrangler would feel! The only thing that would be holding me back is public charging. It all depends how available stations are. But charging at home is only a dollar and change for ~25 miles. So performance and cost are definitely positives for Evs.
One thing I've learned is that level 2 public charging (unless at your work place or a hotel) would be almost useless for a BEV. It's nice to get a couple more miles (especially when it's free), but at two and a half hours for us to top off, compared to what must be 5+x that for a BEV, means they won't be any help long distance. DC fast charging is going to be critical for widespread adoption.

I do appreciate the better parking spots at some locations, and get frustrated when there is a ICE vehicle parked there (never thought I'd say that, lol)

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again I started this thread about my experiences and for anyone looking for feedback on 4xe. Not interested in x happened and my 4xe died discussions. Those are all over the place here and on other forums. If you aren’t trolling and read the other posts you would have known. On page one I even mention how those threads made me question my purchase. If you are trolling I’m done and I apologize to anyone (if there is anyone) following.
I’m obviously not trolling. As I have had months worth of posts about waiting on my order. 102 days from order to delivery to be exact. Anyways I’m moving in now. You have a blessed day.

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
FWIW I think both of you are right. @Litfury saw a thread called "Wow - new 4xe first impressions" and decided to post his first impressions of his new 4xe. On the other hand, I get the OP's worry that your post about the sudden power loss could have potentially (even if unintentionally) derailed the whole thread simply because we've seen that happen in a number of other threads.

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
Public charging is getting better, also many 3rd parties are beginning to upgrade their networks for faster charging beyond 50kw. If you have home charging capability and use it as a commuter there's no worry there about the public system.

IMO public charging would be a challenge for road trips for non Tesla EVs. its a mess I would rather not deal w/ until it improves.

OP
OP
sconrad24

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWIW I think both of you are right. @Litfury saw a thread called "Wow - new 4xe first impressions" and decided to post his first impressions of his new 4xe. On the other hand, I get the OP's worry that your post about the sudden power loss could have potentially (even if unintentionally) derailed the whole thread simply because we've seen that happen in a number of other threads.
Yep, there’s so many 4xe issue threads on here and other forums you’d think it would fall apart the minute you start out. I have fallen into that thinking myself. To me it read as dropping a grenade and then leaving. We’d see did you check your fuses, did you get the recall? Etc. I wanted nip that in bud.
Sponsored