Ideal offset/backspacing JL

seals02

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I am in the market, as most of us are for some wheels to run 35s/37s. I contacted AEV to determine if their JK wheels would fit the JL since I had heard reports that they do not work perfectly.

AEV Respose: "Yes and no, the bolt pattern is the same between the two but the offset/backspacing of the JK wheels are not ideal for the JL. Also, the center bore of our wheels fits pretty tightly over the center backup camera shaft and may mark up the shaft if installed. We are working on wheels specific for the JL, but it will be a little while before they're available. JK wheels on a JL is not something we recommend, but it can be done if you were so inclined."

When asked what the idea backspacing/offset for the JL is, they responded that they do not know at this time and their engineers are working to figure out the ideal wheel for the JL.

So what offset/backspacing have you found to work for you with 35s/37s?

Wildmank99

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 xj and 18 JL rubicon
Occupation
Military
I am in the market, as most of us are for some wheels to run 35s/37s. I contacted AEV to determine if their JK wheels would fit the JL since I had heard reports that they do not work perfectly.

AEV Respose: "Yes and no, the bolt pattern is the same between the two but the offset/backspacing of the JK wheels are not ideal for the JL. Also, the center bore of our wheels fits pretty tightly over the center backup camera shaft and may mark up the shaft if installed. We are working on wheels specific for the JL, but it will be a little while before they're available. JK wheels on a JL is not something we recommend, but it can be done if you were so inclined."

When asked what the idea backspacing/offset for the JL is, they responded that they do not know at this time and their engineers are working to figure out the ideal wheel for the JL.

So what offset/backspacing have you found to work for you with 35s/37s?
Here is my JL with 17x8.5 with 0 offset and 35’s on stock suspension

40F9AE32-79BD-41B4-9AAF-DAB846D82248.jpeg

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase

NICE RIG !!! THIS IS ME WHEN I GET DELIVERY

So after vigorous research on these new JL's - both Rubi & Sahara they are now engineered to take 33" on Sahara and 35's on the Rubi . Meaning they will take a 0 offset wheel and still give that profile your looking for . This is one of many the difference's from JK & JL ...So much has changed that its very hard to " Rewire" your thinking from the last 10 years of the JK world .

We are still limited on wheels with 0 offset but there working on it :)

Wildmank99

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 xj and 18 JL rubicon
Occupation
Military
NICE RIG !!! THIS IS ME WHEN I GET DELIVERY

So after vigorous research on these new JL's - both Rubi & Sahara they are now engineered to take 33" on Sahara and 35's on the Rubi . Meaning they will take a 0 offset wheel and still give that profile your looking for . This is one of many the difference's from JK & JL ...So much has changed that its very hard to " Rewire" your thinking from the last 10 years of the JK world .

We are still limited on wheels with 0 offset but there working on it :)

Thank you I like the look with the 35’s. I know there are some on this forum with negative offset

OP
OP
seals02

seals02

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

nice, I have white rubi as well. any straight on shots from the front? What wheels are those?

Wildmank99

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 xj and 18 JL rubicon
Occupation
Military
nice, I have white rubi as well. any straight on shots from the front? What wheels are those?
I can get more shots tomorrow. The wheels are pro comp Rockwell’s and tires are Toyo MT’s

OP
OP
seals02

seals02

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

Wildmank99

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 xj and 18 JL rubicon
Occupation
Military
Here some more shots of the wheels and tires

5AF68EFB-2D23-439F-B5C1-2C63EEEF778D.jpeg

9E1238EF-BC81-45D2-8762-223A2DAB3C9D.jpeg

22669589-0D00-459C-B57F-E2DE68C7AD2B.jpeg

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
That looks awesome. Exactly what I am looking for. What tires? I have been following this forum for months waiting for this exact info...I am only planning on putting a 33" tire on. You don't have any issues with any rubbing? Any lift? What tires and rims? Thanks.

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
So can anyone say for sure if 35's can be mounted on stock wrangler rubicon wheels without spacers?

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So can anyone say for sure if 35's can be mounted on stock wrangler rubicon wheels without spacers?
Depends on what wheel and tire you go with But they do take most 35's

It was mentioned in the new release JL reviews for Rubi and the Sahara's can take a 33

Most Tire shops or Custom shops will let you know what wheels you can choose from before having to modify

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on what wheel and tire you go with But they do take most 35's

It was mentioned in the new release JL reviews for Rubi and the Sahara's can take a 33

Most Tire shops or Custom shops will let you know what wheels you can choose from before having to modify
Naa not my question. The axles on the JL were widened does this mean that backspacing is not needed anymore

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Naa not my question. The axles on the JL were widened does this mean that backspacing is not needed anymore
This is the reason 35's work on the new Rubi , But again there are different wheels and tire combinations that might require BS

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the reason 35's work on the new Rubi , But again there are different wheels and tire combinations that might require BS
is this yr first jeep? I think yr missing my question.