I now understand

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I’ve always heard the “Just Empty Every Pocket” saying. I’m about a month into my first Wrangler and absolutely want to throw all my money at it. I’ve even considered taking it back to the dealer and upgrading to a Rubicon to hold over my desire for the aggressive look. I must stay strong and resist temptation! If any of you hold back, I applaud you.
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Can't help you--

It's an ADDITION/OPPRESSION--

Better than the stock market !--well maybe not, but a lot more FUN/FUN/FUN-

Whatever

JIMBO

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
I understand. It’s hard to explain to non wrangler people. I don’t even have my new rubicon and I am already buying add on’s

Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
You know it’s bad when all the different aftermarket parts catalogs outnumber all other reading material in your home combined!! I’m already at 7k in aftermarket parts on my Rubicon then this morning I ordered the twin ARB compressor and 3M door sill protection...

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I’ve owned Harley’s for years. Still do. Same thing.
Actually there are lots of comparisons that can be made. Not as comfortable or reliable, but you don’t care. More aftermarket support than other vehicles, gatherings. Even waving.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I’ve always heard the “Just Empty Every Pocket” saying. I’m about a month into my first Wrangler and absolutely want to throw all my money at it. I’ve even considered taking it back to the dealer and upgrading to a Rubicon to hold over my desire for the aggressive look. I must stay strong and resist temptation! If any of you hold back, I applaud you.
Sokath, his eyes uncovered!

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
This is my first Jeep and while it's a Rubicon, I have still spent almost 5 figures in just mods :facepalm:. Fellow member @FatBoy01 told me I would acquire the "sickness" quickly, and wow was he right. The Jeep is like a Lego set with endless mods and customization's to make it our own personalized toy. I love this thing so much that I drove it around town today with my windows down (albeit while 39 degrees outside) and was jamming to the crisp sounds of my Alpine stereo system. Honestly, this Jeep makes me feel 18 again even though I am approaching 47. Heck, I even catching myself glancing out in the driveway when I go to the kitchen just to take a peak at my rig....holy cow, what has happened to me????:cwl:

Sponsored

OP
OP
schneidvegas

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Can't help you--
It's an ADDITION/OPPRESSION--
Better than the stock market !--well maybe not, but a lot more FUN/FUN/FUN-
Whatever
JIMBO
I have a bad time with options. Jeep is not helping.

switching out for a Rubicon would be the best upgrade ever... ;)
I ordered a rubicon in 2016 but couldn't take delivery due to life situations. I was tempted to order another one but I figured I couldn't go wrong with a Sport S since realistically all I wanted was the alpine system. Bah.

Boat = Bring On Another Thousand
Gotta pay to play either way!
Ha! Never heard that but I will definitely not invest into the boat life. Too much upkeep for my blood.

I understand. It’s hard to explain to non wrangler people. I don’t even have my new rubicon and I am already buying add on’s
You know it’s bad when all the different aftermarket parts catalogs outnumber all other reading material in your home combined!! I’m already at 7k in aftermarket parts on my Rubicon then this morning I ordered the twin ARB compressor and 3M door sill protection...
I’ve owned Harley’s for years. Still do. Same thing.
Actually there are lots of comparisons that can be made. Not as comfortable or reliable, but you don’t care. More aftermarket support than other vehicles, gatherings. Even waving.
Every time I start looking at expensive mods, I start putting the money into the loan to prevent me from spending it on the mods and instead being somewhat responsible.. Doesn't stop me from the cheaper mods though! Also trying to spend the money on more camping stuff..

Sokath, his eyes uncovered!
Nerd + Jeep = Winning!

This is my first Jeep and while it's a Rubicon, I have still spent almost 5 figures in just mods :facepalm:. Fellow member @FatBoy01 told me I would acquire the "sickness" quickly, and wow was he right. The Jeep is like a Lego set with endless mods and customization's to make it our own personalized toy. I love this thing so much that I drove it around town today with my windows down (albeit while 39 degrees outside) and was jamming to the crisp sounds of my Alpine stereo system. Honestly, this Jeep makes me feel 18 again even though I am approaching 47. Heck, I even catching myself glancing out in the driveway when I go to the kitchen just to take a peak at my rig....holy cow, what has happened to me????:cwl:
That's how I feel! I have spent more time out of the house in the last month because I want to drive around. I don't have a garage at the moment and the weather isn't nice so I'm not too upset but I am transferring my storage unit so that I can use the TopLift Pro to store my hardtop and doors when it's nice.. Started college back up this month too, all my dedication for studying went right out the window when I came home with the Jeep!
Edit: I also thought that by getting the Sport vs Rubicon and saving the money would make me happier. I didn't want to spend the extra money on getting a Rubicon and then upgrading it. Now I wonder if I would've thought less about upgrading if I did get it... probably not though. All it takes is a look at someones Granite JLU with 37s and I start reviewing my budget.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I was just shopping Quadratec for a lift kit for my JLUR that not only doesn't exist yet, I won't by ordering till next year. (Just finished watching 3 videos on how to install it). Following the "Show off your delivered JL" thread isn't helping at all. It's like watching someone else smoke my crack...

Last edited:

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Fully. Agree. It's really bad when you once said "That's ridiculous, I'm not paying for that!" Then all of a sudden it's not and you have no problem ordering it because there is sudden justification for it. Then I say, that's it I'm done for a while... nope. Starting to happen for that damn TopLift Pro...

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Fully. Agree. It's really bad when you once said "That's ridiculous, I'm not paying for that!" Then all of a sudden it's not and you have no problem ordering it because there is sudden justification for it. Then I say, that's it I'm done for a while... nope. Starting to happen for that damn TopLift Pro...
And I already have Sahara envy! Are you kidding me!!!! Somebody make it stop!
Sponsored