First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Every silver lining’s got a touch of grey, but in a minute you’ll be free and the squirming coil of sunset will soon be within your reach. Then you can jump like a Willys in four wheel drive and there’ll be nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.
The first phrase seemed to coincidental, then I kept reading. Well done!
Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I'm in Wisconsin with Dual Tops. I don't use the soft top in winter because I don't think the windows would take well to the scraper, and I don't want to idle the Jeep most mornings to get the frost on the windows to melt before I start driving. That said, I'm going to be swapping to the soft top in the next week or so.
Same. I would keep the soft top on year-round but I've heard other people say the same. Plus, I actually use the back wiper quite a bit in our weather, and it's very nice to have.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I live in the armpit of the U.S, FLORIDA! :clap:

Right now we have nice weather, high of 75, average in mid 60s.

Summer time is absolutely disgusting. Can't spend more than a minute outside, without feeling like someone's breathing on you.
FL being the armpit of the US? What does it mean when someone from IL wants to move there?

Question from someone who's interested in moving someplace warmer in the winters? I see your in the Miami area. How many weeks or months during the summer is it bad? Bad enough where you don't want to be outside?

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, it wasn't super easy to install the soft top because of needing to stretch it. I definitely did so on a sunny day and it was maybe in the 60s.
I would definitely not try installing the soft top in colder temps. Not only will it not stretch but it might crack if cold enough.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Wi. And only have a soft top. Don't really get why folks think they can't be used in winter...meh...
I am in Chicago. Had a soft top only for many years on my TJ. No problem with cold. Major problems with crime. Any soft top owner in a major city knows to leave nothing of value in the Wrangler and to leave the doors un-locked all the time. Problem is the idiots thieves slash the windows anyway. Or steal the windows. I finally gave up and got a hard top.

Damn shame because the JL's soft top is super quiet compared to the TJ. The JL soft top is super easy to use and drop compared to the TJ and JK also.

Last edited:

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
FL being the armpit of the US? What does it mean when someone from IL wants to move there?

Question from someone who's interested in moving someplace warmer in the winters? I see your in the Miami area. How many weeks or months during the summer is it bad? Bad enough where you don't want to be outside?
Miami is not the paradise everyone thinks it is. I've lived here my entire life. Two days ago it got up to 89. Add in the humidity and it was brutal. We do get a couple of cool days in the winter, high in the 60's. Rest of the year is disgusting. A/C is a requirement most of the year. Most people here are kinda rude, although I live in the southern-most part of Dade County which is more rural, with friendlier people. If I was moving here, I would move somewhere in Central or North Florida. Less people and a more laid back lifestyle. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. ;)

Also, here's a chart that I think will be helpful...
f44d37c5b0443e9047120325f0fd727c.jpg

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Ohhh the spidershade thingy! That was in my last white jeep I had a couple of months ago! Now mojito banshee makes sense! I'm a dunceski.
That's cool. I saw your name was JLIRISH and saw your spdershade and red hair and found a Celtic mythological figure for you. My wife has red hair and she is Slavic (so am I) so I call her "Babba Yagga"

Somnium

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon - Sting Gray
Occupation
Systems Administrator - IT
Originally from WI, moved to MT 10 yrs ago now. I run the hard top in the winter, but I go topless with a JTopsUSA sun shade for the "warmer" months... which loosely translates to packing a duffel bag with winter coats, hats, and blankets. MT weather has a bad habit of going from sunny/high winds to rainy/high winds to snowing/high winds back to sunny again in less then an hour, and that's without going up in the mountains. #JeepLife

KDoc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Jeep Cherokee Unlimited 2015 Diesel, 2019 JL Overland ( Sahara in USA)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I love living in Florida. The almost everyday 3pm shower rinse the days pollen off my jeep. The salt air dries up my sinuses from allergies. The ocean breeze sweeps my driveway for me. The sandy beaches exfoliate my feet as I take sunset strolls. Sunny days call for ice cold beer and storms make a perfect scene for hurricanes with tequila chasers.
Florida isnt an armpit.
Born and raised here.
Top off heated seats on when needed.
JEEPBEACH2020 in my hometown.
I am blessed.
Something similar here and we live in Queensland Australia by a beach .
C6E3644E-21B2-416F-AF53-58BE2F6ABF73.jpeg

Sponsored

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
Can't wait as well, got my 19 in April and didn't have a chance to put the soft top on that it came with. Know that we'll need a weekend of warm weather to install whatever hardware is in the boxes and to warm up the top.

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I'm just going to use a spider sunshade all summer long. I got a rain "resistant" cover to throw up incase of a storm. Hopefully it never comes to that.

otter3591

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport
Spring needs to arrive because I need my soft top back on! I got mine last summer so this is the first winter I've had to sit through all cooped in. Is it worse in the northern states (Wisconsin) when you have to wait through winter, or in the southern states when you have to wait through summer?

This pic is from fall, but it is likely happening soon again.

upload_2020-3-2_13-28-6.png
Sponsored