jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
One scratch is not bad.

How about the time the safelite technician came to replace my windshield, decided a metal line being forced into the gap then pulled on with all weight on the frame AGAINST the frame was a good idea. Whole passenger side window frame is deep scratches into the paint - now need to figure out if needs to be repainted, blended etc with safelite covering. Hate the fact it had less than 5K on odometer and was watching this happen live.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
One scratch is not bad.

How about the time the safelite technician came to replace my windshield, decided a metal line being forced into the gap then pulled on with all weight on the frame AGAINST the frame was a good idea. Whole passenger side window frame is deep scratches into the paint - now need to figure out if needs to be repainted, blended etc with safelite covering. Hate the fact it had less than 5K on odometer and was watching this happen live.
You watched it live and no video:whatsgoingon:pics or it didn't happen... Joking of course. Man that sucks:facepalm:

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
You watched it live and no video:whatsgoingon:pics or it didn't happen... Joking of course. Man that sucks:facepalm:
The best part was me tipping the tech $40 “to take care of my Jeep” - he certainly took care of it.

Only good thing is the safelite shop sent me an email taking full responsibility for damage - I need to get quote from Jeep (don’t want safelites shop doing the work) and will go from there

Sponsored

suzookus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Did it look anything like this? If so this will buff right out or you can just Rhinoline the whole car.
60DCE9D5-E72F-47FD-B2FF-C74C8F62EA95.jpeg

OP
OP

lochado

First Name
donie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
I know a lot of that is humor, but I never understood the whole Jeep logic of "it's a Wrangler it's okay if it's scratched up". With as much as these things cost I don't want mine scratched up if I can fix it. I had an old S10 that I used to run through mud holes, and through brush, and didn't think twice about a scratch. Of course that truck only cost me about $1000. The JL on the other hand cost a lot more than that, so why not repair a scratch if you can? Just because it's a Wrangler doesn't mean you can't keep it as nice as possible.

Donie, the Scratch X linked by Paul works really well. It's basically just polishing compound so any brand will do, but I've had good luck with Meguiars products.
Polish it with compound. Then polish and buff it with wax. As long as it's not to the metal, you can make it a lot better. If it's to the metal, you'll need to use touch up to fill the void, then polish it.

Thanks!!! I guess I created a lot of humor.... all I can say is its my first kjeep, I love it... 4 days I get a scratch, so posted to ask...!! :)
I enjoy both the humor and the serious response.. thank you all..!

OP
OP

lochado

First Name
donie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
I know a lot of that is humor, but I never understood the whole Jeep logic of "it's a Wrangler it's okay if it's scratched up". With as much as these things cost I don't want mine scratched up if I can fix it. I had an old S10 that I used to run through mud holes, and through brush, and didn't think twice about a scratch. Of course that truck only cost me about $1000. The JL on the other hand cost a lot more than that, so why not repair a scratch if you can? Just because it's a Wrangler doesn't mean you can't keep it as nice as possible.

Donie, the Scratch X linked by Paul works really well. It's basically just polishing compound so any brand will do, but I've had good luck with Meguiars products.
Polish it with compound. Then polish and buff it with wax. As long as it's not to the metal, you can make it a lot better. If it's to the metal, you'll need to use touch up to fill the void, then polish it.
Thanks..!!!

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Those shopping carts will get a Sahara every time :giggle:
Nah, that's why we get the side steps instead of rock rails. The steps stick out far enough to keep doors/carts from dinging ours doors, and the plastic bumper covers won't scratch like the metal ones either. See, FCA was thinking of the best way to make the Sahara the most well protected in its environment too. ;)

Mojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I also second Meguiars products. I use their 105 and 205 polishing compounds with a random orbital buffer and the appropriate polishing pads. The 105 is a course/correction compound and the 205 is a fine/finishing compound. Those products can be applied by hand as well. You should also follow up any polish with a good sealant or wax. A good rule is if you run your fingernail perpendicular across it and it doesn't sink in then you can get away with a 1 step finish polish. If your nail sinks/snags then you should use a 2 step process and start with the course compound then move to the fine compound then finish with a sealant or wax.

droadrunner

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500 ,2018 Jeep Cherokee , 2018 JL wrangler
Mopar makes a scratch paint pen to match your paint , it works good they also have a clear pen to apply after yo cover the scratch .

nh4x4jeep

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
well.. new 2018 Jl Sahara and first scratch... best way to remove?
I can relate, I feel your pain. Not every scratch will be a trail battle scar. I backed up and a piece of metal sticking up put a scratch on my passenger side door up to and partially across the glass. Yes, it scratched the glass too. That sucks. I think I just need to get the pen...

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Mopar makes a scratch paint pen to match your paint , it works good they also have a clear pen to apply after yo cover the scratch .
I got a Mopar paint pen for my Ocean Blue in the mail one day. I think the dealer sent it to me. Nothing I ordered or requested.
Sponsored