• Total voters

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I use my auxiliary lights every night. But I am responsible enough to pay attention to the road and if I get a glimpse of any head lights, they are immediately off. I love my lights:like:
Sponsored

jconli1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Emergency Comms, Music
Vehicle Showcase
Added some simple KC 100w Halogen DOT driving lights at a slight outward angle to augment the stock halogen headlights as I also live in an area filled with deer and elk and commute at odd hours. They work well! Only took a few minutes to aim propertly, would never think of running them with oncoming traffic or on the freeway - same rules as the high beams.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Ohio 3 Aux lights can be used in addition to your two headlights. 1 of using fogs.

So it’s legal though there are some aiming restrictions. As long as you aren’t using them around other traffic I don’t see an issue. I’m also in deer country and when you’re the only one on the road light it up.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Gravel roads mostly. My work truck (2015 Ram 2500) has 6 aux switches and I use them all the time because we work in remote places. I wish there was a feature built into the JLs that you could control the aux switches with your high beams.
Yes, would be nice to have the ability to program some of the aux's to come on automatically with the high-beams. Would make country roads easier to use aux lights but also be courteous to oncoming vehicles.
It can easily be wired to turn on-off driving lights with the high beam switch and still be able to isolate the high beam switch to only high beam (no driving lights).

Put another relay between the driving lights and their last switched power source (relay, heavy duty switch, etc.). Trigger relay with your high beam circuit. Done.

You can use your high beams without the driving lights as long as your aux switch is off. Turning on the aux switch will do nothing until the high beam is activated by the high beam switch, upon which the high beam and driving lights will turn on.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
It can easily be wired to turn on-off driving lights with the high beam switch and still be able to isolate the high beam switch to only high beam (no driving lights).

Put another relay between the driving lights and their last switched power source (relay, heavy duty switch, etc.). Trigger relay with your high beam circuit. Done.

You can use your high beams without the driving lights as long as your aux switch is off. Turning on the aux switch will do nothing until the high beam is activated by the high beam switch, upon which the high beam and driving lights will turn on.
I thought about this already but I'm cautious about tapping into wires with a CAN bus system. I've had million dollar pieces of equipment at work go down because of operators splicing wires to install their own cell phone charger or a fan in the cab.

Sponsored

Coops4284

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB; 2019 Indian Scout Bobber
Occupation
IT Enterprise Architect
Vehicle Showcase
I live in BFE Ohio on a farm. I am 15 miles from the nearest "City" (Findlay OH) and there are a ton of deer. As soon as I am on a county or township road and there is no traffic I use my KC Aux lights. They have saved me dozens of times from hitting deer, opossums, racoons, and a Cow that got loose (neighbors, and I helped them get them all back in and patch the fence). I invested in KC as I knew I would be using them a ton, and wanted something that had a good warranty and would last.

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
I live in BFE Ohio on a farm. I am 15 miles from the nearest "City" (Findlay OH) and there are a ton of deer. As soon as I am on a county or township road and there is no traffic I use my KC Aux lights. They have saved me dozens of times from hitting deer, opossums, racoons, and a Cow that got loose (neighbors, and I helped them get them all back in and patch the fence). I invested in KC as I knew I would be using them a ton, and wanted something that had a good warranty and would last.
I live close by in Kalida. I'll keep an eye out for you. I have a 2dr billet gray Rubicon.

Coops4284

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB; 2019 Indian Scout Bobber
Occupation
IT Enterprise Architect
Vehicle Showcase
I live close by in Kalida. I'll keep an eye out for you. I have a 2dr billet gray Rubicon.
Gotcha! I'm over south of Mt Blanchard.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I have the LED package on my JLR. They've been plenty bright for my travel through the deer infested areas and my off-road stuff. I have a portable spotlight that I carry off road just in case I need to light something up in an odd area not reached by the headlights/fogs on the Jeep, but even that has been more for emergency than regular use.
Sponsored