How long do Jeeps usually last?

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Modern motor vehicles will last 100,000k or 10 years before parts start to wear out.
Sponsored

Beetroot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Medical Devices
Along with all of the complexity of new vehicles comes better manufacturing tolerances, design and overall build quality. So stuff should last.

At least theoretically. The motor blew on my bone stock c7 Corvette at 20k miles so really anything is a crapshoot I guess.

Rscx4

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
A long highway trek is the easiest thing your Jeep will ever do, drive it.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I think you also need to separate reliability and well put together. If you look at a Toyota Camry (often considered to be a gold standard for reliability), they are both reliable and very well put together. I was in a 1996 a few months ago and it still felt as solid as any new car, despite having well over 200K miles … no rattles, squeaks, etc.

I think that Jeeps are reliable, in that they will start and get you home. However, it has more rattles than a hospital nursery. As long as you are ok with that, it will serve you well.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
This is a weird question, because so long as you don’t let the body or frame rust in half, it can last as long as you keep fixing it. Do you throw away a vehicle as soon as it gives you a repair bill?

Sponsored

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
I have a 2020 Sport and was wondering how long these vehicles generally last?
Mechanically, the Wrangler has never been better. It's the electronics & control systems that are the tee-total shit-show. How long that stuff lasts is a roll of the dice every time you push the 'Start' button.

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Id be happy to get 100,000km out of mine before its too expensive to keep

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
I have a 2020 Sport and was wondering how long these vehicles generally last? I've put about 15,000 miles on it so far (I've done 3 long road trips so far). I'm being sent to Chicago for 4 weeks and was considering driving from San Diego (2,000 miles) there and then back (4,000 total miles) so that I'd be able to get around easier for those 4 weeks, but I was afraid of putting too many miles on the Jeep. I know people say Jeeps, especially Wranglers are super reliable and hold well longer than other vehicles. But does anyone have a ballpark of how many miles to expect to get out of their Wrangler? I do my best to keep it maintained well and change the fluids at the designated times/intervals. This is my first vehicle other than a 1998 Civic that I'd bought used in high school that had 150k on it but was in pretty bad shape. Thanks in advance!
They should easily mechanically last 150.000 miles (15K a year for 10 years) with schedule maintenance. But the issue is not miles it’s time and environmental factors that tend to “wear” Wranglers out. In the south west the summer sun and heat kills the paint, rapidly fades the black plastic and cracks the hard tops not to mention rubber seals drying out. Then those in the rust belt well they have their issues with body wear and so on and so on.

My build up 13 JKU running large tires an lots of extra armor was trouble free (mostly) for over 125,000 miles, but the paint was starting to go, the plastic looked tired many of the seals started leaking and the hard top began to show signs of cracking. All these issues started to require more frequent attention in my last two years of owning it. Was it still reliable YES but it was starting to look worn and old regardless of washing and detailing.

I did love that Jeep and would not have sold it if the paint and top issues had not looked like the were getting worst. My 2021 is superior in almost every way but time will tell if it proves as reliable and handles the environmental wear better. 🤞🤞

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
My JK lasted me 9 years / 150k miles. They weren't all gentle miles, either. I spent a lot of time offroad. Drove it all over California, Arizona, and Utah. I also drove it between California and Florida twice. And I did a long commute in Los Angeles traffic daily for years as my daily driver.

It probably could have lasted longer, but I was starting to chase around cooling issues that I got tired of dealing with. I suspected it had a very small head gasket leak, an expensive fix. It was a Sport and I decided I'd rather buy a new Rubi, ordered to my exact specs, and spend my money on mods than continue putting work into the JK.

Regular maintenance is key, if you ask me. Keep on top of the usual maintenance of oil changes, etc, fix the inevitable broken things before they get out of hand, take greater care towards maintenance after going offroad, and it should last a good long while.

Personally, I intend to keep my JL Rubi forever.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Somewhere between 1 and 1 million miles

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
99% is dependent on the driver/owner.

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
My daughter has 160k on her '10 JK - no major issues. They are as reliable as the next vehicle.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
If you steer clear of bad FCA service bays, and better yet can do any work yourself these bad boys should last well into the 200ks. If you let a bad dealer "fix" your vehicle on a regular basis, lord only knows what you'll get :(
Sponsored