Sponsored

How does ESS work on a Manual

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
They have red lights in corn fields? :)
Naw.... They tried that but all us rednecks kept shooting them out for something to do on Saturday night.

Doc
Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Naw.... They tried that but all us rednecks kept shooting them out for something to do on Saturday night.

Doc
Speaking of which... I remember reading an article awhile back where a small town had a Target store. They were getting ready to paint their water tower and Target offered to do it for them as long as they were able to paint their store emblem on it. The city council thought about it for a minute or so and realized that with the locals, that would probably not be too good of an idea for their water tower.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think MT and ESS is a good combination. You can basically control the ESS with just a little pressure on the clutch. I have grown to really like it.

JeepAtLast

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 64 FI Vette
Occupation
Service Writer
I absolutely hate the ESS, I'm too impatient upon letting off the clutch before the engine gets up to speed, thereby stalling out. I hit the button as part of my pre trip routine. ThirtyOne, I think FCA or NHTS wants to talk to you about overheating clutches.....

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't work on a MT. I shut if off as soon as I get going.

Raz65

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Meh, I like this feature on my m/t. I can easily control it by keeping clutch depressed or not. If I see light just turned red, I'll leave it in neutral and let engine turn off. If I know it's going to turn green soon, I just keep clutch depressed and it never turns off. Took me a few days to get used to this, but now I don't even think about it.
That is exactly how I drive my manual with ESS. It works good, I don't see what the big deal is.
Sponsored