Sponsored

How do you start a class action lawsuit?

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
My offroad info displays perfectly fine in the driver's display. You just cycle down with the arrows on the steering wheel and it will display unless the vehicle is moving faster than 25mph. Still enjoy the heck out of it. :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
My offroad info displays perfectly fine in the driver's display. You just cycle down with the arrows on the steering wheel and it will display unless the vehicle is moving faster than 25mph. Still enjoy the heck out of it. :like:
Yeah, this is about the extra pages that were sold for $$$ as part of the 8.4 inch screen Uconnect package. And nobody bought that for Howard Stern.

For instance on the Uconnect screen you can see all the gauges on one screen instead of having to cycle through them one by one.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
This takes way longer than you probably realize. Years. There’s a class action for owners of PlayStation 3 owners in an extremely similar situation who bought a system that was supposed to have ability to run multiple operating systems, only to have that ability removed via software update. It’s not completely resolved yet, but owners are set to receive $65 each in damages. It’s for systems purchased between 2006-2010.

Good luck with this before a simple software update gives you the functionality you paid for.

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
This takes way longer than you probably realize. Years. There’s a class action for owners of PlayStation 3 owners in an extremely similar situation who bought a system that was supposed to have ability to run multiple operating systems, only to have that ability removed via software update. It’s not completely resolved yet, but owners are set to receive $65 each in damages. It’s for systems purchased between 2006-2010.

Good luck with this before a simple software update gives you the functionality you paid for.
Wow, it sounds like the whole process is going to cost FCA way more money than it's worth trying to defend their move legally than just issuing a software update giving everybody back the Off-Road Pages they already sold to them.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It would cost them millions in legal fees. However since they’re printing money selling $50K+ Jeeps as fast as they can get them off the line, I think they’ll be alright. At the end of it all owners would get their functionality, FCA would pay millions in lawyers’ fees to their own and to the plaintiffs attorneys, and the law firm would make out like bandits. Everybody wins?

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
It might not be possible for them to include it in an update, somehow.

If that's the case, I think those of you that spec'd the pricier infotainment partially because of it deserve at least a couple hundred bucks each back. If FCA was decent they'd admit the snafu and at least give out MOPAR accessory gift certificates or something.
Yep, if there is a hardware issue that can't be resolved, I'd go for that. $200 is a fair price. I want the pages, though.

Really, I can't see this as more than a software issue. It needs to be fixed.

scishfottman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.30MinuteSalesCoach.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
If the info is all available in the driver’s display, it’d have to be a software thing as rendering the data on the larger screen wouldn’t be resource intensive.

I’d see how this plays out over the next couple of weeks. Hitting up customer service reps who aren’t up to speed or privy to any proper info will merely yield a lot of misinformation (intended or otherwise).

The feature is a definite selling point to some, but it is also one feature of a feature packed upgrade.

If it is not added back in a software upgrade, FCA should do something to make it right, but I wouldn’t expect much.

I still think it will be added back in.

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Everyone seems to be assuming there is some sort of a bug. But the wording of the email I initially got back from Jeep Customer Service doesn’t read that way to me:

“the decision was made by Uconnect to hold off on the Off-Road Pages for the
Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited lineup until the 2019 model year”

That sounds to me like they just want to keep the ORP as an upgrade for next year. And that would be ok IF it hadn’t already been widely publicized for 2018 and actually delivered to the earliest customers and then taken away. Maybe holding off ORP until 2019 was the plan all along but somebody didn’t get the message and publicized it prematurely. Maybe.... speculation is useless. I’m holding out hope that this whole thing will be cleared up in the next week or two. I sure hope so. If not, then ....

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
It's not only publicized but in the manual AFAIK, so I would take email with a grain of salt.

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR on order. 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually Mega cab
Does anyone know Sergio's email?
I never thought about checking until this post and I looked in our company outlook and sure enough there are a bunch of different ones!

Sponsored

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Suggest you call a lawyer to get the ball rolling. Once a case is put together call Tom Demetrio at Corboy & Demetrio in Chicago and he'll get a settlement of millions of dollars before it goes to court. Probably will take 3 years. Only call Tom when you have your ducks all lined up. Tom is the ultimate gun slinger in court cases in Chicago. Tom is a closer.

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Suggest you call a lawyer to get the ball rolling. Once a case is put together call Tom Demetrio at Corboy & Demetrio in Chicago and he'll get a settlement of millions of dollars before it goes to court. Probably will take 3 years. Only call Tom when you have your ducks all lined up. Tom is the ultimate gun slinger in court cases in Chicago. Tom is a closer.
I don't want money though. I want Off-Road Pages. The ideal solution would simply be a software update to fix this.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Need leverage over FCA somehow to change their mind. What do you propose? A threat of million(s) dollar lawsuit would surely get anyone's attention ... or is this just all hyperbole?

NascarMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland.
The OFP was something I was expecting as part of my order, I would consider joining if nothing happens. I will contact my dealer to see what they know - :fingerscrossed: - :cwl:

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
Need leverage over FCA somehow to change their mind. What do you propose? A threat of million(s) dollar lawsuit would surely get anyone's attention ... or is this just all hyperbole?
Being in the software business myself, I would assume they had some technical issues and missed the release deadline. Rather than starting a lawsuit, I would talk to the dealer to have him upgrade the vehicle's firmware free of charge once the update becomes available.
Sponsored