David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Wow I learned something new but not surprising. I’ve learned so much on these forums in 10 months it’s really crazy.

I ordered the part. Is there anything else needed like additional cables or will this and everything included with my Warn Zeon 12-S be efficient enough to hook up to my Aux 4?
If you ordered the warm kit then it'll have the additional cables.
Sponsored

mgenbox

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler jl 2 dr sport
Rad! Thank you 🙏🏼
Do the Warn winches not have a solenoid on them like Smittybuilt?
Smitty directions are to wire directly to battery from the sol.
Just wanting to make sure I’m not missing something. Thx

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Do the Warn winches not have a solenoid on them like Smittybuilt?
Smitty directions are to wire directly to battery from the sol.
Just wanting to make sure I’m not missing something. Thx
He said this is required if you’re going to one of the auxiliary switches (which I’m doing) not directly to the battery.

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Wow I learned something new but not surprising. I’ve learned so much on these forums in 10 months it’s really crazy.

I ordered the part. Is there anything else needed like additional cables or will this and everything included with my Warn Zeon 12-S be efficient enough to hook up to my Aux 4?

Everything was included between the Zeon winch and the Warn power interruptor kit-with the exception of the aluminum mounting bracket I fabricated. The main winch power cable goes to one of the large studs, supplied red power cable goes to the other large stud and then to positive battery terminal. The aux trigger wire goes to the small +stud and supplied small ground cable goes from small -stud to a chassis ground. Heavy winch ground cable goes to chassis ground. Easy to follow instructions are included. Good luck!

Jeep Wrangler JL How did you wire your winch? IMG_1686

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Everything was included between the Zeon winch and the Warn power interruptor kit-with the exception of the aluminum mounting bracket I fabricated. The main winch power cable goes to one of the large studs, supplied red power cable goes to the other large stud and then to positive battery terminal. The aux trigger wire goes to the small +stud and supplied small ground cable goes from small -stud to a chassis ground. Heavy winch ground cable goes to chassis ground. Easy to follow instructions are included. Good luck!

Jeep Wrangler JL How did you wire your winch? IMG_1686
Wow that’s bad ass! If I don’t have fabrication skills where should I mount it?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Wow that’s bad ass! If I don’t have fabrication skills where should I mount it?

There are other places to mount it, I chose this location as it was close to the battery and worked with the supplied battery cable length. Also with this location the AUX switch wiring was long enough to reach the solenoid without splicing. (No bid deal but nice and clean)

Catiajockey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited
This is just a bump for this thread in appreciation of the information shared. Winch and bumper are going in this weekend so this is timely for me. I'll be purchasing one of the marine cut off switches, high amp ANL fuses, or a high current relay this week. I would love to see anyone one else's wire installs. I do have the factory aux panel so that might lead me to the relay option.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
This is just a bump for this thread in appreciation of the information shared. Winch and bumper are going in this weekend so this is timely for me. I'll be purchasing one of the marine cut off switches, high amp ANL fuses, or a high current relay this week. I would love to see anyone one else's wire installs. I do have the factory aux panel so that might lead me to the relay option.
In my opinion, the solenoid is the best method for anyone with the factory aux buttons. It saves having to pop the hood to turn the winch on, and than pop it again to shut it off.

I'm hoping to wire my new winch and solenoid this Saturday. I ran out of daylight last weekend, so had to temporarily hook the winch to the battery just to spool up the synthetic line. So far, it worked great at pulling my brother across the yard. 😆

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I used 2 Warn kits 1 for the winch (bottom left) and 1 for the ARB compressor (top right) and both are wired to 1 switch on the Switch-Pros 9100 on the A-pillar it powers both.
Jeep Wrangler JL How did you wire your winch? 20210524_112602

Grand Lake Special

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Sport Sarge Green
Occupation
retired teacher & building administrator
Vehicle Showcase
used a power control switch from marine parts supplier for manual control of power to the winch

winch power disconnect.JPG

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I installed my winch per Warn's own factory installation instructions, directly to the battery. I see no reason to complicate things or to second-guess the manufacturer.

Kickjump14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL 2 dr 3.6L
Directly to battery as instructions say. I agree why over complicate things.
Sponsored