David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
That is well done but it is also A Lot. It looks like you have the V6. The 2.0 as shown @PocketsEmptied pic is what I have. One of my goals is to insure that I don't hinder access to anything I might need in the future. For example, I don't want to have to remove my relay to get to he battery mounting bolt. Further up the thread there is someone that used the bolts on the firewall/cowl. That's not bad either but I also wanted to keep this all as far away from engine heat as possible.
That's a 3.0L diesel . I also have a fuse panel in the middle along the firewall for my rock lights. It's really just a few bolts then the whole assembly rotates out of the way.
Sponsored

Catiajockey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited
Not 100% on the routing for the cable to the battery but it functions as it should. I'll clean it up tomorrow. Signal is from aux 3. The bracket I found at Lowes in the lumber section. I just drilled it and painted it with some engine enamel.

IMG_7024.jpg

IMG_7025.jpg

iddpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So I bought a VR 12 and wanted to say thanks for everyone's post...helped me greatly clean up the connection and relocate the control box to provide better air flow to the radiator. (thx @Roky for your pics as well). Added a relay and moved the control box under the hood. I no longer have my workshop so instead of fabricating everything as I once would have done, I just looked for other brackets and cables that would work. I bought the 7' relocation kit from Vice Designs (excellent product and service), pulled the air box and inner fender and ran the cables from the winch up to a new bracket mounted on the firewall. Connected the cables, added a relay, connected to the Aux 3 switch and then bought a cover for the winch (Amazon $12) to finish everything off. Thx again and hope this gives some ideas..!

winch relay.jpeg

winch control  relocation.jpeg

winch relocation bracket.jpeg

winch Vice.jpeg

Winch Final.jpeg

winch no control.jpeg

winch 9.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So I bought a VR 12 and wanted to say thanks for everyone's post...helped me greatly clean up the connection and relocate the control box to provide better air flow to the radiator. (thx @Roky for your pics as well). Added a relay and moved the control box under the hood. I no longer have my workshop so instead of fabricating everything as I once would have done, I just looked for other brackets and cables that would work. I bought the 7' relocation kit from Vice Designs (excellent product and service), pulled the air box and inner fender and ran the cables from the winch up to a new bracket mounted on the firewall. Connected the cables, added a relay, connected to the Aux 3 switch and then bought a cover for the winch (Amazon $12) to finish everything off. Thx again and hope this gives some ideas..!

Jeep Wrangler JL How did you wire your winch? winch 9

Looks good brother , nice work !

iddpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good brother , nice work !
Thanks Roky...greatly appreciated everyone's posts and pics...the biggest tip is to remove the airbox and inner fender to run the cables...very easy to do and then allows unlimited access and a way to wire-tie everything in place.
Sponsored