First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2015 JKU, 2007 JKR & 1998 TJ
Occupation
USAF
1200 Miles on my 2019 JLR and everything is awesome. I did have the weird smell, but after pulling off as many stickers underneath that I could reach, haven't had the smell since.
Sponsored

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I've been seeing many threads where owners talk about issues with their 2018 JL's. I know the 2019 Wranglers are only starting to come off the lot but I'm curious to hear how things are going with them! I want to hear about things I should look out for when I eventually take delivery of mine at the end of the month.
My 2018 has been a great vehicle with no significant issues. There are a bunch just like me, too.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
1200 Miles on my 2019 JLR and everything is awesome. I did have the weird smell, but after pulling off as many stickers underneath that I could reach, haven't had the smell since.
Stickers underneath?

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
5000 Big grinning, all-good miles!

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
Picked mine up in December, almost 5000 miles, no issues.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I drove some 2018's that had funny steering and wind noise from door seals and tops. I saw some with bad paint, body panel alignment, QC issues. It's less of a 2019 issue. I hope the 2020 are even better. Every new model should improve. There are and will be running improvements with every newer model year. Most of the obvious 2018 bugs are gone. The frame and weld issues have been isolated. There have been updated suspension and steering components. Overall the 2019s are better because the line has improved Q/C wise. Supplier QC and logistics should improve every year. I own a March build 2019 JLR with the 2.0 Turbo. My 2019 has the wavy doors. Other then that it drives and runs perfectly. No steering or suspension issues. No issues what so ever, knock on wood… I only have about 900 miles so far. I love driving it. No regrets.

Last edited:

MarkTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Two months and 1150 miles in, drives much better than I had hoped, no issues at all. Except UConnect 8.4 can be a bit bitchy. I mean glitchy. And I will add that I hardly ever step hard on the gas but when I do it’s faster than I would have thought possible.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Two months and 1150 miles in, drives much better than I had hoped, no issues at all. Except UConnect 8.4 can be a bit bitchy. I mean glitchy. And I will add that I hardly ever step hard on the gas but when I do it’s faster than I would have thought possible.
3 months, 2600 miles. Steering takes a bit getting used to - but I think it is because it is more responsive to your hand on the wheel. If I take my hand off, it tracks pretty well, yes it drifts but it drifts based on the slope of the roadway. Only wish they had designed the hard top rain gutters better so that they don't drip into the cab. No issues, nothing has broken, runs quite well.

Sponsored

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
I drove some 2018's that had funny steering and wind noise from door seals and tops. I saw some with bad paint, body panel alignment, QC issues. It's not a 2019 issue. Every new model should improve. There are and will be running improvements with every newer model year. Most of the obvious 2018 bugs are gone. The frame and weld issues have been isolated. There have been updated suspension and steering components. Overall the 2019s are better because the line has improved Q/C wise. I own a March build 2019 JLR with the 2.0 Turbo. My 2019 has the wavy doors. Other then that it drives and runs perfectly. No steering or suspension issues. No issues what so ever, knock on wood… I only have about 900 miles so far. I hope the 2020 are even better. I love driving it. No regrets.
I would be very interested to hear what actual physical component changes have been made to the '19 suspension and steering components as well as the body (seals and tops) that have made the '19 so much improved. Are you saying that the '19's were somehow assembled better and have different/improved components? Would like to hear what has been changed. I have a late build '18 (October) and would like to know what changed in the next month. Thanks.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 months, 2600 miles. Steering takes a bit getting used to - but I think it is because it is more responsive to your hand on the wheel. If I take my hand off, it tracks pretty well, yes it drifts but it drifts based on the slope of the roadway. Only wish they had designed the hard top rain gutters better so that they don't drip into the cab. No issues, nothing has broken, runs quite well.
What's your tire pressure? Mine was 42 psi at delivery. Try 36-38 psi, it should greatly improve steering feel. The rain gutter is a problem with all JLs and it is a pain. At least they have the floor drains. lol.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would be very interested to hear what actual physical component changes have been made to the '19 suspension and steering components as well as the body (seals and tops) that have made the '19 so much improved. Are you saying that the '19's were somehow assembled better and have different/improved components? Would like to hear what has been changed. I have a late build '18 (October) and would like to know what changed in the next month. Thanks.
There are continuous line improvements. The line quality should improve more with with every model year as they perfect assembly techniques and work out production kinks.

chuckmcleod

First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2015 JKU, 2007 JKR & 1998 TJ
Occupation
USAF
Yeah, there were like 5 or 6 on different parts. Barcode types decals.

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
2019 V6 6 speed here. Drives/steers excellent. I have the smell also but I'm sure that'll go away.

It runs good but damn these things have no torque down low in the power band. I'm disappointed. Need supercharger or a hemi swap, I suppose.
Sponsored