Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2 Door, 2008 JK Sport 2 Door
Hi Everyone,
Hothead Headliners is starting their annual Memorial Day today. Head on over to our web site for the details and check out our hard top headliners for the JLU Wranglers. It's getting warm and our headliners will stop the heat that radiates from your hard top while quieting your overall ride and looking great.
More pictures & videos on the web site: Hothead Headliners
Call or email us with any questions: 714-872-2071 or [email protected]

JL.jpg
Any 2 -door sets coming down the pipe soon?
Sponsored

jnunes22

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Thanks. I was wondering what they were. What’s your thoughts so far on the headliners?
My thoughts, wife likes em lol... Seem to keep it a little cooler, the inside roof was quite hot in the Texas heat, appearance looks nice, I haven't done any testing as to noise reduction etc.. But overall I like them, and had very good communication and customer service from the company.

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I doubt anyone in Arizona will buy them, with 120 degree days I doubt that glue is gonna stick. I had headliners in my JK and every summer they would fall down due to heat. $520 bucks for some pre cut foam is a bit pricey IMO, but to each his own.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I doubt anyone in Arizona will buy them, with 120 degree days I doubt that glue is gonna stick. I had headliners in my JK and every summer they would fall down due to heat. $520 bucks for some pre cut foam is a bit pricey IMO, but to each his own.
Yep...their GP margin on these has to be astronomically high.

Sponsored

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Boy, does the Hothead adhesive hold. I had to remove the panel above the XM radio to prove to the dealer that my crappy reception was not due to the headliner. Quite a struggle. Now if they can just listen to me and fix the damn poor reception!

Cory.

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Slightly random question. I noticed on the HH website that they mention using 3M VBH Tape (two-way tape) on all the headliner panels, but use velcro on the side panels. Anyone know the reason for this? Can you request two-way tape on all of the panels? I'm not concerned about the velcro coming undone, but two-way tape will be a much firmer hold and I feel like the velcro would be prone to letting the side panel wiggle a bit.

Headliner Kit includes:
2 front panels, 2 middle panels (left & right sides), 2 rear panel (left & right sides) & 3 small panels that go in between the mid & rear sections. All panels are attached with 3M VHB tape.

Headliner Kit: $389.00 00

Rear Side Window Kits include:

left & right rear side window panels attached with Velcro.

Rear Side Window Panels: $125.00

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
The Hothead roof liners are not just cut formed foam panels, different durmameter is used to stop the most noise and heat. Compare the Mopar ones to it and you will see the Mopar are like the cardboard covered headliners from the past. I have had the Hot Heads in my JK in 115 heat and they never moved, I’ve seen industrial strength Velcro used in addition to what Hotheads supply’s, and even gorilla glue used on the Mopar kit. I went for the full kit for my JL not just the roof like my JK, the sides fit like a glove and do make a difference, once again everyone hears, see`s and so on differently. Plus he backs up his product 100%
I wouldn’t go any other route especially after comparing them to Mopar`s

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I started getting my sound assassin strips installed today - very excited to get them knocked out and move on to the headliner as well! I went with black headliner, to match my black leather interior.

I ran into one hiccup and sent an email and PM to @Hothead Headliners. Hoping to get quick feedback for the fix to be able to keep moving on and making progress :rock:

I'm almost looking forward to a rainy day so I can report back with findings on perceived improvement in noise once everything is wrapped up. We had a big rainstorm the other day and I could have sworn people were pelting my hardtop with golf balls :) Hoping Sound Assassin + headliners from Hothead helps!

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I started getting my sound assassin strips installed today - very excited to get them knocked out and move on to the headliner as well! I went with black headliner, to match my black leather interior.

I ran into one hiccup and sent an email and PM to @Hothead Headliners. Hoping to get quick feedback for the fix to be able to keep moving on and making progress :rock:

I'm almost looking forward to a rainy day so I can report back with findings on perceived improvement in noise once everything is wrapped up. We had a big rainstorm the other day and I could have sworn people were pelting my hardtop with golf balls :) Hoping Sound Assassin + headliners from Hothead helps!
Well, all the hype about @Hothead Headliners seems to stand up! Within an hour of me reaching out, I got a response back completely resolving my question. Here's another +1 to @Hothead Headliners customer service.

Can't wait to share my results once I finish everything up and have a chance to report before/after perceptions!

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing

here's my experience. I installed them and I thought I could tell a difference. I had them on for 2 months so that become my "normal". I then added a temporary Yakima roof rack until I had my permanent solution figured out. I really couldn't hear the change of the Yakima rack that I just added but I thought maybe that's because of Yakima design. I decided on getting a Maximus 3 rack, which meant I had to remove 4 hothead panels so we could drill thru the roof. Once I took off the Hotheads - big noise difference - -> I not only heard more wind noise in general but wow that Yakima rack sounded awful now. Then I took Yakima rack off with Hothead panels still missing - I only heard wind noise. Put on Max 3 rack but did not replace HH panels yet. Same amount of wind noise. Just got custom HH panels put in and wind noise decreased. So, I really didnt notice the real effect of Hothead until I removed them (which is not easy and I'm glad about that)

That help?

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
here's my experience. I installed them and I thought I could tell a difference. I had them on for 2 months so that become my "normal". I then added a temporary Yakima roof rack until I had my permanent solution figured out. I really couldn't hear the change of the Yakima rack that I just added but I thought maybe that's because of Yakima design. I decided on getting a Maximus 3 rack, which meant I had to remove 4 hothead panels so we could drill thru the roof. Once I took off the Hotheads - big noise difference - -> I not only heard more wind noise in general but wow that Yakima rack sounded awful now. Then I took Yakima rack off with Hothead panels still missing - I only heard wind noise. Put on Max 3 rack but did not replace HH panels yet. Same amount of wind noise. Just got custom HH panels put in and wind noise decreased. So, I really didnt notice the real effect of Hothead until I removed them (which is not easy and I'm glad about that)

That help?
That's great!

Somewhat related question - how much is everyone sanding the top before putting on the headliners? How much "material" should I expect to take off of the top from sanding? Are you all using a shop vac to catch the particles? Wondering how much dust/residue this is going to leave on the interior.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
That's great!

Somewhat related question - how much is everyone sanding the top before putting on the headliners? How much "material" should I expect to take off of the top from sanding? Are you all using a shop vac to catch the particles? Wondering how much dust/residue this is going to leave on the interior.
Sand is a strong word. Scuff is more like what I did with a thorough wipe down with Acetone. I had a very light film of dust that swiped with microfiber cloth.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Sand is a strong word. Scuff is more like what I did with a thorough wipe down with Acetone. I had a very light film of dust that swiped with microfiber cloth.
Perfect, thank you!

And your word correction is appropriate. The instructions specifically to "scuff" - and do not say "sand" - thanks!
Sponsored