Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Let me give you my thoughts. I coming from a 2010 JKLU Sahara. When I picked up my 2020 JLUR the TP was set at ~45 psi. Going from CT to NJ was a real challenge. To her down to ~37 psi and much improved. In some ways better than my Sahara other way worse. Maybe I need to get more use to the fixed axel. I also own a 2017 Pcar. At speeds around 70 all is fine. When I kick it above 80 I really need to drive her. Both hands on the wheel and watching the lane markers. When my kids take the JKUR out I remind them they I. In a Jeep. Not there moms X3 or the old Sahara. Just my thoughts. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.
Oh no, don't think I can right now honestly

Haha! Ok I'll bite, AGAIN, but you must now move on to a new reference. Lmao!

"People = Shit"
Just a catchphrase of mine, ill think of a new one soon

OP, they do the recall yet?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Scott D Hall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sting-Gray Rubicon 2.0L Turbo, 2.5" Mopar Lift w/Fox Shocks, Rock-Slider PowerSteps, BigBoy Seat Rails / 2013 Jeep Rubicon 10th Anniversary (Son's car) / 2019 Porsche Cayenne (Wife's Rocket) / 2019 Skeeter SX250

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
If you think you almost died from this, get on a bike and let a tank slapper happen on the highway.

Jeep death wobble = slow down and it stops

Tank Slapper = pray and throttle control, but mostly praying and buying new underwear.

Thank god I was using the br when I saw that, I'd need new underwear otherwise

Oh Jesus, sad thing is, most people never even heard of that to begin with.

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR

Sponsored

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Confirmed. Dealership put it on backwards. Unreal
My V41 got installed upside down and it drove like crap (worse than before) straight off the lot. I drove the 1-1/2 miles from the dealership to my workplace before a quick check revealed my suspicions. I should have checked it on the forecourt but it was chucking it down with rain!

When I phoned the workshop to try and get it back in they couldn't look at it until the following day. When I asked if it was safe to drive until it was fixed their response was 'it's only a steering stabilizer, it shouldn't make make much difference' :mad:

Make sure you enter this poll, currently running at 40% of V41's installed upside down:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/v41-recall-installed-upside-down-club.39327/

OP
OP
JDoty47

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
My V41 got installed upside down and it drove like crap (worse than before) straight off the lot. I drove the 1-1/2 miles from the dealership to my workplace before a quick check revealed my suspicions. I should have checked it on the forecourt but it was chucking it down with rain!

When I phoned the workshop to try and get it back in they couldn't look at it until the following day. When I asked if it was safe to drive until it was fixed their response was 'it's only a steering stabilizer, it shouldn't make make much difference' :mad:

Make sure you enter this poll, currently running at 40% of V41's installed upside down:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/v41-recall-installed-upside-down-club.39327/
That's what so weird. Mine drove 100% better after the recall and it was on backwards. Who knows what I'm gonna get when it's put on correctly

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yep, it's scary the first time. I've gotten the death wobble a couple times in my JL over the last year and a half. Usually happens when the jeep is loaded down and I'm at highway speeds and hit a bump at an angle.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Sounds like a good conversation piece.
But I'm a nay sayer

Did it really happen??????

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I would double check your track bar bolts as well. A lot of the issues that I have come across are due to the bolts not being tight enough, in a setup that already has loose tolerances.

LBledsoe

First Name
Lilyann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sahara
I'm on my 5th (!!) steering dampner - dealer installed. Owned my JLUS for 14 months now. If this new part doesn't do the trick.. I'll be seeking outside fixes.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
It's a time honored tradition for those that don't maintain their Jeep and inspect their suspension components. The parts don't last forever and need to be inspected.
On the Fiat JL Wrangler it occurs brand new under 2k miles. It’s called massive under designed front end. Weak tuning fork design. F Fiat

metallicpea

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
The whole Death Wobble because its a Jeep is the biggest Bull Shit argument I've ever read. There are plenty and plenty of SFA vehicles out there that don't experience Death Wobble. Its not NORMAL on JEEPS and Shouldn't be Normal on Jeeps and Isn't Normal on any vehicle. Death Wobble happens because something is misaligned or Loose or lacks the strength to keep from flexing.
This is often true, but there are too many absolute statements here.

I had a stock TJ Unlimited (LJ) for almost 9 years. It would death wobble regularly on me if the tires needed rotate or alignment wasn't nearly perfect. This Jeep was never lifted, stock factory wheels, stock Rubicon tire size and steering parts were checked regularly and replaced completely twice (preventative frustration) in less than 50k miles of use.

For me, DW was always triggered the same way. Accelerating just before 55 MPH and hit a bump while steering slightly off center, like hitting a pavement seam while accelerating on an highway on ramp.

Some Wranglers are resistant to DW and some are very sensitive. For the most part on my specific Jeep, tires and alignment in A+ condition were required to stay clear of DW even with nothing misaligned or loose or weak.

I probably should have tried stronger/stiffer control arms and modified the caster angle a bit. JL has better control arms as stock.

Under 2,500 miles on my 2 door JL so far, but no signs of DW yet. You can bet I will rotate my tires at every oil change anyway.

Blues

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
It's a time honored tradition for those that don't maintain their Jeep and inspect their suspension components. The parts don't last forever and need to be inspected.
I know parts don't last forever, but my JLUS experienced the first wobble at just over 800 miles. Yes, eight zero zero miles. There is a harmonic problem in the front end/frame I believe. It's been to the dealer, but don't worry. No Problem Found. The nice thing is now I just beat the daylights out of it and don't worry much. The bad thing is it's probably my last Jeep. Not my first Jeep, just the first one that p*ss*d me off.
Sponsored