Sponsored

V41 Recall Installed Upside Down Club

Was your V41 recall successful first time round?

• Total voters

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
So my V41 recall resulted in the the replacement stabilizer being installed upside down which was a total waste of time for both myself and the dealer. Seems I'm not the only one this has happened to. I'm interested to see what percentage of owners out there also endured the hassle of having to get the workshop to install it properly a second time. Maybe Jeep will get their techs to actually read the instructions/factory stickers if enough people flag it as a problem.
Sponsored

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The whole job pays the tech 18 minutes.

So by the time they get the keys, find the Jeep in the lot, bring it in, and lift it up.... There's no time left for reading instructions.

Nevermind getting the torque wrench out of the toolbox to finish that job.

Air impact... Spin the old one off, slap the new one on, and crank it down.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

So by the time they get the keys, find the Jeep in the lot, bring it in, and lift it up.... There's no time left for reading instructions.

Do the new fasteners come w/ the damper or do they have to get them out of the parts bin?
Or do they just say f-it and put the old ones back on???

Wish I could just take the recall slip to the dealer and have them just give me the new one to DIY install and I could bring back the old one as proof.

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Do the new fasteners come w/ the damper or do they have to get them out of the parts bin?
Or do they just say f-it and put the old ones back on???

Wish I could just take the recall slip to the dealer and have them just give me the new one to DIY install and I could bring back the old one as proof.
Their parts Dept should supply the tech with the new hardware.
Of course if they install it upside down, then have to flip it later, they won't replace the fasteners.
Even though FCA considers them one time use.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Their parts Dept should supply the tech with the new hardware.
Of course if they install it upside down, then have to flip it later, they won't replace the fasteners.
Even though FCA considers them one time use.
Yeah, if they can't read a sticker that clearly points to "Front of vehicle" there's plenty of other things that may get ignored :(

Sponsored

OP
OP
GeeBee

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager

9 minutes if you have to do the job twice ;)

Seriously though, between driving to the dealer, reporting the bad job and hanging around in the customer waiting area I spent the best part of six hours of my own time getting this job done properly. This is not a good PR exercise for the company if the V41 'superfix' for death wobble is getting hamstrung by a significant portion of the replacements being installed incorrectly. If someone in head office has allowed 18 minutes per job and it's not a realistic time to guarantee a satisfactory installation then really the problem still lies with Jeep.

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Mine was installed correctly the first time. I asked if I could also get the updated track bar even though I dont have the wondering issue. The service order writer said if I tell him I have to keep making small steering corrections to keep it going straight they would replace it per the TSB. So I told him it did and they replaced it also. Jeep drove great before and after. But steering does feel a little stiffer now which I like.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So my V41 recall resulted in the the replacement stabilizer being installed upside down which was a total waste of time for both myself and the dealer. Seems I'm not the only one this has happened to. I'm interested to see what percentage of owners out there also endured the hassle of having to get the workshop to install it properly a second time. Maybe Jeep will get their techs to actually read the instructions/factory stickers if enough people flag it as a problem.
Hi GeeBee, if you end up going to the dealer feel free to reach out to us. We are happy to open a case and provide an extra layer of assistance.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
GeeBee

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Hi GeeBee, if you end up going to the dealer feel free to reach out to us. We are happy to open a case and provide an extra layer of assistance.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
Hi Kaitlin,

Thanks for the offer but I'm in the UK and we have to survive without Jeep Cares :)

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
My '19 bought last month already had V41 completed and the arrow points the right direction, thankfully.

Sponsored

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

Exactly - it seems like FCA is purposely discouraging warranty work by under-compensating the dealer. Seriously if you took it into any mechanic they'd probably charge you an hour just to cover their overhead. And that's only fair, by the time they schedule you, reserve time for you, take possession of your vehicle, get it onto the lift, find the tools/parts they need, read any instructions, do the actual work, collect payment, return the vehicle to you, an hour of labor is only fair.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

So how much do they pay the tech to have the vehicle brought back and redo the work correctly?

My suspicion is that these are installed incorrectly on purpose to turn it into a warranty repair instead of recall.

OP
OP
GeeBee

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Anyone have pic of the correct and incorrect way this item should be mounted?

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
Oil path return must be hanging towards road, arrow can be spun in upper part of stabilizer to be front or back. You can see pod on one and the other has no pod.

I was told they put 6 on all in wrong configuration. Then they explored the bullitin explaining what this oil passage does

Screenshot_20191003-140529_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191003-140513_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored