Sponsored

Highest mileage JL so far?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
My jeep was built early of 18 not sure the exact month I think it was march or april. But it was early. So I may have still gotten the old 3.6 problems.
Fingers crossed for a speedy repair and fair resolution for you.
Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team

gumbyhoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '87 YJ '96 TJ '06 TJ '11 WKII '13 JK 2dr Sport Current: '18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is a 1/18/18 build date. Picked up on 2/13/18. Has 23k miles now.

-a few random electronic freak outs but they are rare and seem to self resolve so who knows, didn't waste my time asking the dealer

20190727_075906.jpg
I'm basically the same build date and pick up as you, and roughly the same milage (21.6k).

I'm responding because I've ALSO had some random electronic stuff and I was just browsing to see if it was happening to any other early '18 owners. Here's my list:

'18 JLUR
  • Randomly doesn't display the park assist guidelines - usually self corrects after a restart
  • Park sense doesn't work 100% of the time *not* the "speed is too high" note, just doesn't work - usually self corrects after a restart
  • Audio output from the radio stopped working the other day (AM/FM, Bluetooth, CarPlay) - still displayed and played (timer ticked down) just no audio. Took a few start stops to come back.
  • Auto Stop/Start has stopped working - took it into a dealer and they claimed it would come back on after a few hundred miles but it never has.
Would love to know if your issues were similar.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I had a cheap jeep patriot for 7 years with 100k miles and 0 issues when I sold it. All I did was replace breaks, tires and a light fuse. I had a 1997 cherokee with 140miles and no issues, my dad had a Toyota corolla with 200miles and no issues, I have a toyota corolla almost 7 years old with 70k miles absolutely 0 issues. If I get any issue with my Wrangler below 50k miles I am selling it. No decent vehicle should have issues, or at least minor, under 100k miles. So all of u posting no issues at 6k miles or 20k miles, well thank God, lol, cause thats a brand new jeep.

Sponsored

ryanmhulce

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I have a 19 JLU Rubicon (V-6) that is six months old with 18,600 miles. No issues thus far. I drive 140 miles a day.

Ryan

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have a 2018 that I got in March of 2018 that now has a few miles shy of 36K. No problems as of yet

saltyaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Congrats! Any issues along the way?
A few:

Death wobble showed up around 20k - fixed myself.

Spark knock has been an issue since day 1. Can be corrected with 93 octane, but these days I just keep it in gear to a higher RPM before shifting and don't hear it much anymore.

Clutch was a little finicky when new, but that has smoothed out over time.

Intermittent service 4wd and service ESS lights - have mostly gone away since seating the fuses, but the 4wd light returned yesterday after over a year of no service lights. Restarted the jeep and it went away.

The 5" screen has gone dead a few times (less than 5), restarting brings it back.

Other than that, it's just been oil and filter changes. Still on the original set of Bridgestone AT's. Not as trouble-free as my prior vehicle (Tacoma) but totally worth it for the off-road capability and fun factor.

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
2018 jlu sport manual with 3.6 currently has just under 40,000 km . She is currently in the dealership for engine noise which has now turned into a warranty issue with metal filings in the oil filter. And something to do with the camshaft and something to do with the lifter and rockers on the top end. Something going on with either the drive shaft or the rear axle where there is a big clunk when taking off from first. And a shutter sound in the transmission in 2nd and 3rd gear at lower speeds to higher city speeds.

Have nothing fancy done to it. Other than 2inch mopar lift and 33s. Currently waiting responses from dealer

20190427_085001.jpg

I am sorry to hear that. I wonder when did you notice the abnormal engine noise first and how quickly it progressed before it became a real problem?

Aidencaster

First Name
Anto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU sport
I am sorry to hear that. I wonder when did you notice the abnormal engine noise first and how quickly it progressed before it became a real problem?
I noticed a slight engine noise around 31km to 35km. And it progressed as the weather got colder then just before xmas it was noticeably loud. My exact km reading is around 38500km. So it progressed rather quickly I would say.

Since there is not much insulation in the jeep from the exterior noises it is quite noticable. Due to not being able to get a rental vehicle or being able to take time off of work I ignored it untill I had time off over Christmas.

Being such a new vehicle if there is anything more that happens to it during the warranty time I will bring it in to the mechanics as soon as things come up. I want my jlu to last as long as possible.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I had a cheap jeep patriot for 7 years with 100k miles and 0 issues when I sold it. All I did was replace breaks, tires and a light fuse. I had a 1997 cherokee with 140miles and no issues, my dad had a Toyota corolla with 200miles and no issues, I have a toyota corolla almost 7 years old with 70k miles absolutely 0 issues. If I get any issue with my Wrangler below 50k miles I am selling it. No decent vehicle should have issues, or at least minor, under 100k miles. So all of u posting no issues at 6k miles or 20k miles, well thank God, lol, cause thats a brand new jeep.
Lol, that Corolla has a much simpler drive train, electronics, and no provision for a soft top. A 4x4 Wrangler is a bit more complicated than that and will take a beating that would leave most vehicles falling apart. Still, I agree, they shouldn't see many troubles. But, they are man made machines, and subject to fallability.

I had a 96 Toyota 4 Runner that had lots of problems, including the transmission locking up with a brain fart that left my wife stranded in the middle of a busy intersection and a drive line vibration they could never fix. No make is immune from problems.

With the JLUR, I'm at exactly 2 years old with 26k and only had a faulty steering dampener.

My JK started out with two electronic problems in the first 10k, and a squeaky clutch that needed replaced at 14k. Not a great start. It since had a couple issues, but is running and looking as good as new after 12 years old and 137k miles that included LOTS of off-road beating and bashing. Glad I didn't sell it. I'm looking forward to cracking the 150k mark with it in the next year or year and a half.