Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
WOW, I feel bad. Picked up my Rubi on Feb, 26th Just turned 4 months old Saturday.

I now hit 486 miles today. Partly because it's been naked since late March and it's been rainy spring here so its been sitting in the garage. The jeep is dressed now. Too hot here.
Sponsored

CM⛰

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
82k since Mar 2018 - Still lovin every minute!
Jeep Wrangler JL Highest mileage JL so far? BC1B0084-73D8-4129-A0D5-98AE47A01515

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
WOW, I feel bad. Picked up my Rubi on Feb, 26th Just turned 4 months old Saturday.

I now hit 486 miles today. Partly because it's been naked since late March and it's been rainy spring here so its been sitting in the garage. The jeep is dressed now. Too hot here.
I’d feel bad too if our Jeep sat for 4 months. In that same span we’ve wheeled everywhere from tillamook Oregon, the high Sierras, Death Valley, and the Nevada desert. Terrains from beach to mud to rocks and even snow. Elevations from -100’ to ~11k feet. We leave tonight for a 3k mile road trip to CO and Moab. I definitely didn’t buy the most capable off road vehicle available for it to sit in the garage. To each his own, but the best part of Jeep ownership is the adventure in my opinion. Should pass 36k miles on this trip, at least 6k of those being off road.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
74039 mi. December 17 build. I purchased October 18 with 10k. Been from Cape Lookout NC to Moab UT a couple of times. Only early issue was steering dampers. Took 3 to get it right.

20200907_193453.jpg
That's the earliest build I've seen besides mine. I was told by FCA that mine had been built and was undergoing inspection in December of 17, but the VIN indicates an early January build. I do know I had the first manual transmission JL in Indiana though.

Great looking Jeep! And I had similar experience as you. Other than the steering dampener, no significant issues. And I don't view the dampener as serious. I let them put 2 on it and they both were bad. I didn't wait for the corrected spec and just threw a Fox 2.0 on there and it's been good since.

Love the rooftop tent setup! Mine only has 47k on it because I still have my 2008 JKUR to daily drive. The JL gets driven to work once a week and plays on weekends and long trips. The JKUR has 154k on it and runs/drives/looks like new still in spite of almost 14 years of off-roading. I think the JL is built better in every way, so that bodes well for many years of fun to come!

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’d feel bad too if our Jeep sat for 4 months. In that same span we’ve wheeled everywhere from tillamook Oregon, the high Sierras, Death Valley, and the Nevada desert. Terrains from beach to mud to rocks and even snow. Elevations from -100’ to ~11k feet. We leave tonight for a 3k mile road trip to CO and Moab. I definitely didn’t buy the most capable off road vehicle available for it to sit in the garage. To each his own, but the best part of Jeep ownership is the adventure in my opinion. Should pass 36k miles on this trip, at least 6k of those being off road.
Didn't sit all the time. Just rain days since it's been naked most of the time. Give me time. I have time now. lol DFW is trail landlocked. I have made it to 2 Off-road sites around use. Have not started to go on big trips yet. Taken care of some things since retired early. Planning on going West soon. New Mexico then West Coast and up Highway 1 into Alaska and Canada when the border opens back. Then drop back down into Colorado and Utah. Doing some bucket list items.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I officially put more miles on my running shoes than my Jeep last year working from home. At 32,700 now.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Didn't sit all the time. Just rain days since it's been naked most of the time. Give me time. I have time now. lol DFW is trail landlocked. I have made it to 2 Off-road sites around use. Have not started to go on big trips yet. Taken care of some things since retired early. Planning on going West soon. New Mexico then West Coast and up Highway 1 into Alaska and Canada when the border opens back. Then drop back down into Colorado and Utah. Doing some bucket list items.
I can relate, we had our share of busy and/or lean years where off road trips were minimal to non-existent. Fortunately our son is grown and pretty independent. We are both secure in our careers and can plan 4 to 8 day trips every month. Mix in a few weekend trips on top of that and we are definitely getting our adventure miles in. Watching the clock at work for another hour before I head home, strap the jeep on the trailer, and head out.
20210612_200200.jpg

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I can relate, we had our share of busy and/or lean years where off road trips were minimal to non-existent. Fortunately our son is grown and pretty independent. We are both secure in our careers and can plan 4 to 8 day trips every month. Mix in a few weekend trips on top of that and we are definitely getting our adventure miles in. Watching the clock at work for another hour before I head home, strap the jeep on the trailer, and head out.
Jeep Wrangler JL Highest mileage JL so far? 20210612_200200
Yea, seeing all the photos on the forum where Jeep owners live and they are right where trails and mountains are. Texas has basically no Public land to off-road on. Most land is privately owned. I am fortunately able to retire early so planning on trips. My kids are grown and gone. Son went to Florida to visit Uncle in 2015 and never came back. Been roaming beaches in his Jeep.
Girls flocked to Jeeps he told me.

Well take care and safe trip!!!

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
74039 mi. December 17 build. I purchased October 18 with 10k. Been from Cape Lookout NC to Moab UT a couple of times. Only early issue was steering dampers. Took 3 to get it right.

Jeep Wrangler JL Highest mileage JL so far? 20210612_200200
How are you liking that Bundutec? I am probably going with one for ease of setup and the high winds out where I live and wheel.

THorner

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Diesel, 79 J10, 06 XLR, Ducati 999 & ST4
Occupation
Retired
How are you liking that Bundutec? I am probably going with one for ease of setup and the high winds out where I live and wheel.
I love it. I've had it almost 3 years. Only issue was an elastic cord snapped. Very easily replaced. The new ones are even better. Talk with Jenn at BuntutecUSA, she's great to work with. I have a camping buddy that went through 3 RTTs before I finally convinced him to get a Bundutec.
Sponsored