sleeper_s

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys, have a 2020 JL 2.0 Turbo motor. Only 300 miles and yesterday on freeway the car made a high pitched whine noise that can best be described as EEEEEEEEE!!!!! Have no idea where to start on this so reaching out for help. It went on and off 10 seconds on, a few seconds off, another 10 seconds etc. It eventually went away. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Did she fall out?

In all seriousness if it reoccurs try to record it. Sometimes new vehicles make a few sounds while they settle in.

OP
OP
sleeper_s

sleeper_s

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Did she fall out?

In all seriousness if it reoccurs try to record it. Sometimes new vehicles make a few sounds while they settle in.
hahhaha, well haven’t heard it today but I will definitely record it if it comes on again. Thanks!

XACEX

First Name
Shiloh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Hmm...10 seconds on and a few off? Sounds like someone is hitting the fun peddle up to 100 and letting off haha! Mine only says eeeeee! when I am at full throttle.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey Guys, have a 2020 JL 2.0 Turbo motor. Only 300 miles and yesterday on freeway the car made a high pitched whine noise that can best be described as EEEEEEEEE!!!!! Have no idea where to start on this so reaching out for help. It went on and off 10 seconds on, a few seconds off, another 10 seconds etc. It eventually went away. Any thoughts?
Hi sleeper_s,
I certainly am concerned to hear this! If this sound persists, I recommend having your vehicle assessed by your dealer. In the meantime, our team is always available for additional assistance via private message!

Kathryn
JeepCares

Sponsored

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Is it different from turbo whine? Could be a boost leak.

pcgizzmo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I just posted this video. Is this the same noise you are hearing? Did you figure out what it was?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/any-idea-what-this-noise-is.53186/

pcgizzmo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I believe that I found my issue. I pinpointed it to the upper left hand side of my window. I took off my driver side hard top and ran my finger along the seal for the hard top lifting it up as I went along. Replaced the roof and no issues so far.

I believe the seal is flexible enough that when the wind hits it just right it will make a flute of sorts and make a noise similar to what you are hearing. That is what mine sounded like.
Sponsored