Sponsored

High frequency noise from Dash

triRice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20019 Jeep Jl Rubicon
My Jeep JL has about 2000 miles. Lately I noticed a high frequency noise from the dash. This noise appears the moment the dash screen turns on, e.g. all I have to do is open the door of the JL (engine off, heating/cooling off, radio off, everything is off) which triggers the dash screen (not the radio screen) to turn on creating the noise. If I sit in the car while everything is off, lock the car and wait until the dash turns off by itself, the noise stops.

Anyone has a similar issue?

Besides this and a noise from the passenger side chair that happens during turns with a passenger sitting on it, everything is awesome and never loved a car the way I love my JL.

I tried searching the forums about this issue and no luck, if this issue has been posted before, please drop a link.
Sponsored

acsak

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2-door Wrangler JL Rubicon (Manual Transmission)
I think this is a safety feature that was added because of the ESS system. It reminds you that the engine could potentially crank over and start on its own. I picture pulling up to a gas station, checking the oil, pulling on some belts or fiddling with something else and losing a finger because the engine starts up on its own. The buzzer reminds you that you should completely turn the engine off. I'm sure that's why Jeep put it in there.

yzyz

First Name
Yizhong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
My Jeep JL has about 2000 miles. Lately I noticed a high frequency noise from the dash. This noise appears the moment the dash screen turns on, e.g. all I have to do is open the door of the JL (engine off, heating/cooling off, radio off, everything is off) which triggers the dash screen (not the radio screen) to turn on creating the noise. If I sit in the car while everything is off, lock the car and wait until the dash turns off by itself, the noise stops.

Besides this and a noise from the passenger side chair that happens during turns with a passenger sitting on it, everything is awesome and never loved a car the way I love my JL.

I tried searching the forums about this issue and no luck, if this issue has been posted before, please drop a link.
Hey, is it being resolved? I have same issue on my 2020 sahara

yzyz

First Name
Yizhong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler

Went to the dealer and it seems to be a built in issue, and we checked a couple of other jl and they all have same issue. The solution is to dim the cluster brightness, and you have to keep the lights on to tune it. Disappointed
Sponsored