First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Can't find this topic in the search function, so asking for help.

Some of the folks in my area use ham radios for communication. So, got my ham license and a handheld UHF/VHF radio. Unfortunately, my Jeep (2018 JLUR with LED lights) seems to be transmitting noise that interferes with the ham radio. It seems to come and go at about a two to three second cycle. The exception is when I press on the brakes the noise becomes constant. It's not the radio 'cuz two other radios were noisy in my Jeep and my radio wasn't noisy in two other Jeeps. The only thing I didn't confirm, while on the trail, is if the other Jeeps had LED lights ... will recheck my radio in a LED equipped Jeep at the dealership today.

Any ideas before I involve my dealer?
Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Can't find this topic in the search function, so asking for help.

Some of the folks in my area use ham radios for communication. So, got my ham license and a handheld UHF/VHF radio. Unfortunately, my Jeep (2018 JLUR with LED lights) seems to be transmitting noise that interferes with the ham radio. It seems to come and go at about a two to three second cycle. The exception is when I press on the brakes the noise becomes constant. It's not the radio 'cuz two other radios were noisy in my Jeep and my radio wasn't noisy in two other Jeeps. The only thing I didn't confirm, while on the trail, is if the other Jeeps had LED lights ... will recheck my radio in a LED equipped Jeep at the dealership today.

Any ideas before I involve my dealer?

Did you ever figure this out? I'm getting interference on CB from a solar panel.

I greatly reduced it by adding six ferrites, but am still working on getting rid of the last 20%

Ferrites on LED headlamp wires seems to help a lot of people, and definitely is helping my problem, though I just came back from Best Buy after finding that they don't carry them.

Big box stores, and then online shopping definitely killed a lot of the knowledge and convenience of small shack stores.