Sponsored

High frequency noise from JL wrangler cluster( yours may have similar issue )

yzyz

First Name
Yizhong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I recently having an noise issue from my 2020 wrangler sahara. The noise is coming from the cluster screen. When I open the door and activate the screen, the noise starts. It has nothing to do with engine, radio or fan, since they are all off. The noise can only stop when the screen is off. It is really annoying and hard to stay in the car. I googled online and there is limited info about it. Anybody seeing similar issue? The noise is electronic noise similar to noise from old computer or led bubbles.

Went to the dealer and it seems to be a built in issue. The tech checked several other JL and they all have same issue. Seems to be a common issue across JL with no working solution
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

yzyz

First Name
Yizhong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
The dealer can't do anything about it since it is a built in issue. They suggest to dim the cluster brightness which I'm ok with it, but I need to keep the light on in order to tune the brightness... Really disappointed about a car which I paid almost 60K.

SnowyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Sport S
I was thinking about your post the other day when I stepped into my Jeep. It makes the exact sound you're describing, but I never noticed it before. No one else who has ever sat or drove my Jeep has mentioned noticing it either. I think it might be at a frequency that most people naturally tune out so this might be something that is never addressed.

OP
OP

yzyz

First Name
Yizhong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I was thinking about your post the other day when I stepped into my Jeep. It makes the exact sound you're describing, but I never noticed it before. No one else who has ever sat or drove my Jeep has mentioned noticing it either. I think it might be at a frequency that most people naturally tune out so this might be something that is never addressed.
Yeah, it is hard to hear in the first place. But once you recognize it, it never go away...
Sponsored