Hemi

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
More power is always fun but I have zero desire to mess with an already SWEET 3.6. On road does great and offroad you sure dont need all that much power.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
As someone with a 5.7 Hemi TJ, it's no high performance racer. I get out run by most soccer mom ford explores and the likes. What it has is massive torque over the 6 cyl and this was from the inline 6. If you drive it without footing it, it gives back 1 to 1.5 miles to gal better then the 4.0 it replaced. It should be a option from the factory. with MDS I'm sure it would bring better mpg. Work the throttle and yes it will drink fuel fast.

Oregon 2007 106.JPG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I’d love the option. Hesco put a 5.7 in my 96, did break some joints but the new JL should handle it much better.

Sponsored

Heuer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK/WK2
As someone with a 5.7 Hemi TJ, it's no high performance racer. I get out run by most soccer mom ford explores and the likes. What it has is massive torque over the 6 cyl and this was from the inline 6. If you drive it without footing it, it gives back 1 to 1.5 miles to gal better then the 4.0 it replaced. It should be a option from the factory. with MDS I'm sure it would bring better mpg. Work the throttle and yes it will drink fuel fast.

Oregon 2007 106.JPG
I have an 08 JKU with the 5.7l Hemi and agree that it’s not ‘fast’, it’s just faster than what it was. That said with how heavy the JKU is the 5.7 feels and drives like it should have been a factory option. Not fast, not slow, and gobs of low end torque that makes hills and off roading a breeze. Based on the rumored hp/tq numbers I would guess that the upcoming diesel might behave in a similar manner, and with a good tune on it I think the demand for a hemi could be a lot lower

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
They cold of done it if they wanted to, the Hemi is less expensive to produce vs the 3.6.

not sure about packaging it in the JL, that and thanks to stupid Obama fuel economy rules coming up probably made it a no go, if you want one, when your filling out your surveys to Jeep, tell them you want a Hemi in it, only way to let them know.

sad part is, the engine bay in my 15 Hemi Overland and 6.4 SRT is much cleaner, the 3.6 has more garbage and hoses surrounding it with the cooled EGR, lots of plastic and hoses which will have to be replaced as it ages, take your fender liners out and take a look at the crap. Dont have it on the Hemi.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
And now you have a 85000 wrangler
no you wouldnt, on allpar there are mopar engineers, hemi is cheaper to make than the old 3.6 and much cheaper than the new version with cooled egr, hp70 they already make, beefier transfer cases are already designed etc, so would be parts bin engineering. only thing preventing it would be fitment, cooling and fuel economy which was probably what sank it, you can thank Obama for torpedoing anything like this. going forward you will have complex high maintenance cars/suvs to meet fuel economy stds. look at all the damn hoses and lines on these things, all which will need to be replaced. coolant modules run to the transmission to heat and cool the fluid, on the rams they are doing same to the diffs, all these things will either rot out or the rubber sections will have to be replaced at some point, big money

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Heh Heh, YUP, I wish my JL engine bay looked as clean as my RAMs-
SUNP0121_zpsdk5uwupv.jpg

I guess I'll just have to SUFFER--

W.E.

JIMBO

Gremluc

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challenger & 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
I’ve been reading a lot of posts and articles about how excited some people are about the 2.0 turbo, and the upcoming Diesel engine that is going to be offered. Just curious if I’m the only one kinda disappointed that they do not offer at least the 5.7 ltr Hemi engine in Wranglers. They offer them in the Grand Cherokee. I think the 5.7 ltr Hemi would be perfect for the Jeeps especially with modifications when you start running 35s or 37s. Offroad man you’ve got that Hemi power on tap. I would think fuel efficiency would be no different than the Grand Cherokee. The rubicon would definitely be able to handle the power. I’ve seen through YouTube a company in Colorado that will do the 5.7 or 6.4 ltr conversion but it’s not cheap. Anyway, I vote for Jeep to add at least a 5.7 ltr Hemi option to the line up.
I'd trade my 2018 JL in for a Hemi JL in a heartbeat. That being said after 5K miles the V6 moves off the line pretty good. Anyway I like the sound of a Hemi(had a 6.4 challenger). You have my vote. Have a great day.

Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
I’m holding out hope that this will be an option in a few years. Jeep would be silly to announce it ahead of time or do it the first few years of the model anyway.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I saw a guy at lake arrow head that had a hemi put in a jk. Looked cool. He said it was awesome but he doesn’t wheel it. I think it was 30k for the mod.

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
If you have $30k of extra money AEV and others will put a Hemi in it. Currently AEV offers the 5.7 and 6.4 in the JK with a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. I am confident the JL will be no different when they open up orders

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
i already said put a chevy v8 in it. go over to youtube. somebody in vegas has some vids. JKLS i think is the company. they pulled the body off the jls and there the 3.6 sits with a zillion hoses connections plastic parts. all that stuff really gives me pause. then look at the chevy they put in it, much cleaner, looks smaller than the 3.6 and supposedly its epa/smog legal. has all of the current smog/epa gadgets required for the v8 in the current year. and there is some question as it might actually get better mileage than the 3.6 as long as you keep your foot out of it.

many car motors today are a literal rats nest of hoses and wires underneath a big plastic cover

as for the diesel, thats going to be an interesting edition. a fully loaded jku diesel rubicon might apprach 70k.... and it will be covered in smog and particle removing attachments. and if you run outta def, it will probably turn itself off and leave stranded until you do what folks like al gore would have you do.
Sponsored