Sponsored

Help! Squirrels eating front bumper

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have a destruction of cats in our neighborhood and they tore up my car cover on my Challenger and scratched the paint in the process. I tried a lot of products but I found this to be the winning product. I used a hand held broadcast spreader and went to town on the whole property, driveway included. Problem solved, problem staying solved going on 3 weeks now.

unnamed.jpg
Sponsored

RubiconGaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon granite, 2006 Rubicon beige, 1995 green Sahara, 1995 Sport aqua with splash (hers), 1995 Sahara beige (his). 2005 liberty and 2006 grand Cherokee limited
Vehicle Showcase
If you can't dispose of them in the neighborhood I wonder if you could make a paste from Cayenne pepper and brush on bumper if that would deter them enough not to come back and do it to your new one.
Regular chili powder sprinkled works too. We got them on our roof. I sprinkle chili powder around the area and they stay away. Good luck!

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
It's a fact that rodents like to gnaw on plastics and wire. My coworker just bought a Infinity M45 that was a victim of rats at play...
No, no, I'm sorry, you misunderstood. "Pics or it didn't happen" is a common internet trope, or "meme," used when someone wants to see pics from the OP. I believe him, it was just a joking way to ask for pics.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmgrant41

jmgrant41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Actually, I forgot that the body shop emailed me pics of the Jeep this morning before they started work. The pictures are somewhat blurry but you can make them out pretty well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help! Squirrels eating front bumper {filename}

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I think your Jeep has earned a squirrel sticker somewhere.

Sponsored

Skubaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara
If you can't dispose of them in the neighborhood I wonder if you could make a paste from Cayenne pepper and brush on bumper if that would deter them enough not to come back and do it to your new one.
I had a nest of squirrels in my gutter once and they basically ate through my house. They are little crazy critters. And had some rodents nest in the air filter of my other car. And all the freakin tunnels everwhere. Ugh

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
There is only one way to get rid of them, kill them, squirrels always return to where they are born, they will eat thru live wires,wood siding you name it. People have them removed and they come back. We run into this all the time and several Rid a pest guys have told me the the same thing, they are rats with furry tails, kill the entire family. There have been many cases where homes have burned to the ground because of these little vermin,,

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
A few weeks ago, a friend of mine was looking at my Sahara JLU for the first time and asked how I had already tore up the front bumper. Not knowing what he was talking about, I looked and saw several gouge marks on the left side of the bumper. Soon after, I witnessed a squirrel having a feast on the bumper. Within just a couple of weeks, my bumper is now torn up all over with deep teeth/gouge marks. Has anyone else had this problem? Minus upgrading the factory Sahara plastic bumper to steel, I'm at a loss on how to stop this. Insurance is replacing the bumper cover now but I'm sure it's going to continue to happen unless I find a solution or move somewhere with no squirrels.
Wow, it's like one of those Farmers Insurance TV commercials. Lol.
Sponsored