Sponsored

Steel front, plastic rear bumper

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
I want to get the Warn elite bumpers, but only the front one is available currently. The rear only pre-order.

If I installed only the front, would the front end be tipped down from the extra weight only at the front?
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I want to get the Warn elite bumpers, but only the front one is available currently. The rear only pre-order.

If I installed only the front, would the front end be tipped down from the extra weight only at the front?
Not sure if this helps but I have a Moab (which comes standard with steel front and plastic rear bumpers) so there's a weight difference but it still sits level from what I can tell.

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

I have an DV8 FS-15 bumper with a 12K winch on the front and a stock plastic bumper in the rear and I do not notice any sag.

IMG_5605.jpg

IMG_5663.jpg

ar15rifle

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 2014 Audi A4. 2015 Fiat 500C. 1970 Ford F250
We run the steel OEM bumper on our JLUR and have the standard plastic rear. No issues here whatsoever....except the standard LED fog light flicker.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I had an LoD Destroyer (full, with bull bar) steel up front & stock plastic on the rear until I was finally able to find a rear steel model I liked. I noticed absolutely no tipping towards the front (2-door here).

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Not sure if this helps but I have a Moab (which comes standard with steel front and plastic rear bumpers) so there's a weight difference but it still sits level from what I can tell.
Just one more reason not to get a MOab

Actually, maybe jeep figured out the rear bumper sux as far as protecting
Sponsored