Juggernaut2874

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport
Hello All,

Fairly new to Jeep ownership and loving the purchase. I'm hoping I can articulate my issue correctly, please bear with me. I have a 2018 JL Sport which originally came with the 5'" uConnect system. I purchased the 8.4 off of eBay and concluded the upgrade myself. With no issues. The problem came with my not having a volume button (only the volume on the back of the steering wheel is available). I purchased a control panel with a volume knob which I installed today. All works well excluding the HVAC control; it doesn't work with this panel. I checked the fuses to find nothing impeding additionally, reinstalled to original control panel to ensure the heat worked which did.
Questions:
1. Any suggestions on why the heat doesn't work with new panel? I don't have dual zone control on this Wrangler or send it back?
2. Can the replacement uConnect I have installed be updated without the original vehicles' vin number?

Thanks,
Sponsored

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
It might need to be sync'd with the dealer service tool. As odd (and illogical) as that may seem, I had to have my 2008 Ram 2500 pickup "programmed" at the dealership for a new HVAC control panel when I replaced it because all the bulbs had burnt out. Even way back in 2008 Chrysler was doing silly stuff like this, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for your Jeep. Give the dealership service department a call and see if they can peek into their scan tool and see if there are options to sync the HVAC panels.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I have done the same upgrade and You have to change the settings to dual zone climate control. I used JScan to change these settings but I believe a Tazer will accomplish this too.

Gregj

Last edited:
OP
OP
Juggernaut2874

Juggernaut2874

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport
Hello All,

Fairly new to Jeep ownership and loving the purchase. I'm hoping I can articulate my issue correctly, please bear with me. I have a 2018 JL Sport which originally came with the 5'" uConnect system. I purchased the 8.4 off of eBay and concluded the upgrade myself. With no issues. The problem came with my not having a volume button (only the volume on the back of the steering wheel is available). I purchased a control panel with a volume knob which I installed today. All works well excluding the HVAC control; it doesn't work with this panel. I checked the fuses to find nothing impeding additionally, reinstalled to original control panel to ensure the heat worked which did.
Questions:
1. Any suggestions on why the heat doesn't work with new panel? I don't have dual zone control on this Wrangler or send it back?
2. Can the replacement uConnect I have installed be updated without the original vehicles' vin number?

Thanks,

Sponsored

OP
OP
Juggernaut2874

Juggernaut2874

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport
Much thanks for suggesting the Tazer!! Installed the 8.4 UConnect and the upgraded control panel!!

B49D5EC6-63E1-4B5C-886A-C6B46E188F3C.jpeg

Maverickxeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2002 TJ Sport
I have done the same upgrade and You have to change the settings to dual zone climate control. I used JScan to change these settings but I believe a Tazer will accomplish this too.

Gregj
Old thread - but just curious, when you say that you got it working, do you mean actual dual zone, or just synced climate control? I've heard conflicting results on if dual zone works with the Tazer/Jscan settings after upgrading.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Old thread - but just curious, when you say that you got it working, do you mean actual dual zone, or just synced climate control? I've heard conflicting results on if dual zone works with the Tazer/Jscan settings after upgrading.
It works as a synced Auto climate control. True Dual Zone requires a different HVAC box with more dampers.
Gregj