Headlight failure issue

Blakeypoo702

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Rear pic shows the LED tails. They come with the LED headlights...
I have LED tail lights with halogen headlights. The LED tail lights come included with the saftey group for blind spot monitoring. Thank god too, because the LED tail lights look so much cooler than the standard tail lights. Now I have to buy LED's for the front since I bought a sport s and they aren't an available option. Total bull crap!
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Rear pic shows the LED tails. They come with the LED headlights...
Not a good source of info, as the safety package comes with LED rears as well, hence why I dug through all of OP's posts. He has very few.

Snowjeep

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Ridgeline
Honestly, if the OP doesn't even know what he has for headlights and comes off as a complete prick... I'm not sure why anyone even bothers.

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Sooo back to the original question. Anyone have an idea regarding this? My front left headlight and turn signal stopped working a week ago. I have LED and have an appointment with a dealer service department later in the week. Never been off road yet just 4 months old . Just got in it and it didn't work . Been off for almost a week meaning it is a daylight only vehicle for awhile. Interesting enough today while driving i pulled up behind someone and noticed they were working again. About 2 stop lights later they are out? Both turn signal and headlight. Could the left side turn signals and headlight be on the same circuit? Different from the right side?
Yes it will be a warranty fix assuming the service writer doesn't decide I have had an accident or monkeyed with it as he has already mentioned when i inquired regarding the issue. Oh and thankfully so as according to the parts department the turn signal alone is $324.00 each ( anyone else remember a time when you went to the auto parts store and bought a bulb for less than a buck popped it in and you were good to go for another 5 years). Glad i also bought the extended warranty .

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Sooo back to the original question. Anyone have an idea regarding this? My front left headlight and turn signal stopped working a week ago. I have LED and have an appointment with a dealer service department later in the week. Never been off road yet just 4 months old . Just got in it and it didn't work . Been off for almost a week meaning it is a daylight only vehicle for awhile. Interesting enough today while driving i pulled up behind someone and noticed they were working again. About 2 stop lights later they are out? Both turn signal and headlight. Could the left side turn signals and headlight be on the same circuit? Different from the right side?
Yes it will be a warranty fix assuming the service writer doesn't decide I have had an accident or monkeyed with it as he has already mentioned when i inquired regarding the issue. Oh and thankfully so as according to the parts department the turn signal alone is $324.00 each ( anyone else remember a time when you went to the auto parts store and bought a bulb for less than a buck popped it in and you were good to go for another 5 years). Glad i also bought the extended warranty .
I would say check your fuses and your connections, if they are loose that might be the issue and also explain why they seem to work sometimes and other times don't.

Sponsored

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Has anyone had a headlight fail? It just went dead, like thereā€™s an electrical issue. If this has happened, what was the issue?

I know Iā€™ll be taking a trip to the dealership, just curious if anyone else had this happen..?
I just happened to come across this thread. I was the one in the red LJ in the Walmart parking lot Friday night who yelled to you that it was out as I passed.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Sheā€™s a JL so Iā€™m guessing LED. Itā€™s definitely not the bulb because there isnā€™t a high beam. Someone told me they can detach if your out hardcore wheeling which I was during the day. I went to the car wash & home. Seen another ā€œjeeperā€ he waved & I read his lips saying ā€œdude your headlight is out.ā€ Iā€™m still in panic mode. Detached the battery thinking maybe I needed a 10sec restart, which didnā€™t work.
Just because itā€™s a JL doesnā€™t mean itā€™s LED, thatā€™s a $900 upgrade over the halogen.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Thatā€™s the problem with LEDs. Factory replacements are very expensive should they fail after the warranty period. Are these covered by 3/36 or 5/60?

F26 & F29 fuses are both related to exterior lights according to manual.

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Update to my warranty service today for headlight and turn signal out as well as any open recalls and first oil service and tire rotation. So after running with no headlight and turn signal , left side for about 6 days on the way to drop off the car , can you guess it? Yep the headlight and turn signal pop back on. Someone is filming me for a prank show i just know it. . At first the service writer tells me nothing for them to check regarding the lights as they are functioning correctly. But luckily when he plugs his magic box into the car he gets a inoperative code for the left turn signal and headlight. So i think he believes me and said they will try and find the problem. Hoping for the best.
I requested they check the track bar for bad welds which he agreed to do but said they are not seeing many with issues .
Doing their recall U62 but would not do the latest one coming out last month as i had not received a recall notice from Chrysler. In spite of me explaining my vehicle falls into the dates of mfg for the recall he wouldn't do it. Guess I wait for the mail notification.
Once again i was reminded that i am "old school" when I mentioned I had changed out the oil filter only at 3000 miles as I was interested in making sure there were no metal shavings. He laughed and told me I was "so old school" . Reminding me to change the oil per the mfg recommended times around 5000 miles and you will be fine.
Also checking the rear window washer as it leaks from time to time and if you don't clean it off it crystallizes on the rear window. He believes it is a result of moving the washer from the bottom of the window to the top as the new JL's are.
Oh and one of my favorites when I mentioned the steering being "loose " on the freeway he looked at my stock Rubicon and said "because of those big over size tires" it can feel like that ( stock Rubicon tires and wheels on the vehicle).

Hope i get back today without to much drama.

TwoTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy, Flex
U
I requested they check the track bar for bad welds which he agreed to do but said they are not seeing many with issues .
Based on the document FCA put out as acceptable, I would suggest you have someone independant look at your welds.

Sponsored

Wicked Weasel

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL - Build date 06/18
Once again i was reminded that i am "old school" when I mentioned I had changed out the oil filter only at 3000 miles as I was interested in making sure there were no metal shavings. He laughed and told me I was "so old school" . Reminding me to change the oil per the mfg recommended times around 5000 miles and you will be fine.
You can change your oil as often as you want but it is a waste of money as your oil will hold up for at least the recommended miles. If you want to feel more comfortable you should send a test sample to Blackstone Labs and have them run an analysis. I did this years ago when I was road racing a corvette and found it insightful.

Last edited:

Rneumann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I just had this very same issue and found this thread in the process. I discovered the problem on Sat night and could not wait for the dealer to open.
Using the wiring diagrams found elsewhere on this site (https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/jeep-jl-wrangler-wiring-diagrams/), I was able to see that both the left LED lights and turn signals share a common grounding point, g905a, and another diagram indicated the location of the grounding point as near the headlamp itself. With a flashlight I was able to find three grounding posts, each with a portion of a wiring harness secured. Using a 10mm wrench I checked to see all were tight, found one that was loose, and after tightening it snug, my left lights and signals were working again.

Hope this helps someone else.

Spifle

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
So I'm having kind of a similar issue. My driver side led headlamp doesn't work in the standard position, however the halo does. And the when you flick it to high beams, the headlight works again. I'm guessing a dealer trip for me is in the works even though just a week ago it was in for oil change, tire rotation and inspection and nothing wrong was found...

silverone28

First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
So I'm having kind of a similar issue. My driver side led headlamp doesn't work in the standard position, however the halo does. And the when you flick it to high beams, the headlight works again. I'm guessing a dealer trip for me is in the works even though just a week ago it was in for oil change, tire rotation and inspection and nothing wrong was found...

I am having the same issue on mine. Can you please let us know what the diagnostic was at the dealer? Did the light have to be replaced or was it something else. Thank You
Sponsored