Hard-top Touchup Paint

qball2335

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited JL
I am hoping someone can help me out. I have a couple of chips on my hard top and was looking to use the touchup paint on it. The hard top is the standard black one, not the one that matches the color of my jeep.

I can't seem to find it and when I asked Mopar they came back with this:

"The paint code that you are looking for is APAS but I would suggest bringing the vehicle to the dealer, getting it diagnosed and fixed. You have warranty available, it could be covered by warranty!"

2 things, first I can't find APAS paint code anywhere everything seems to be a 3 letter code not 4.

Secondly this wouldn't be under warranty would it?

Thanks!
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I am hoping someone can help me out. I have a couple of chips on my hard top and was looking to use the touchup paint on it. The hard top is the standard black one, not the one that matches the color of my jeep.

"The paint code that you are looking for is APAS but I would suggest bringing the vehicle to the dealer, getting it diagnosed and fixed. You have warranty available, it could be covered by warranty!"

2 things, first I can't find APAS paint code anywhere everything seems to be a 3 letter code not 4.

Thanks!
Warranty? No.
Only under warranty if it's a factory defect.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Depends. If FCA determines that the paint is flaking off because of a faulty application, then yes, it should and will be covered.

If FCA determines that the chips are simply from debris hitting the hard top, then probably not... but still maybe! I would take it in and have them take a look at it. If not, just pick up the paint listed in the response above and do it yourself.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

Thanks!
Chris, if memory serves me correctly there may be two different color blacks for the hard top. One for those who, unlike you I believe, have color matched black hard tops to match their black painted rigs, and those like me who have a regular non color matched (albeit painted) black hard top with my non black colored rig.

You want the latter less sheen color if your like me.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/touch-up-wrangler-hardtop.4308/#post-84081

Sponsored

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
Chris, if memory serves me correctly there may be two different color blacks for the hard top. One for those who, unlike you I believe, have color matched black hard tops to match their black painted rigs, and those like me who have a regular non color matched (albeit painted) black hard top with my non black colored rig.

You want the latter less sheen color if your like me.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/touch-up-wrangler-hardtop.4308/#post-84081
The one I linked is the same thing except it includes the clear coat. Mopar number is same but ends in AB instead of AA

yardsale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
On my JK, which had a black top that kind of had a satin finish I would spray satin Rustoleum on a Q-tip and dab it on the scratch. It worked pretty well for the small touch ups here and there. Once it dries you can’t see the scratches and forget where they were.

Sponsored

OP
OP

qball2335

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited JL
Thank you all. Appreciate the help!

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
There is also a 5oz spray can available, 68060406AB.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hard-top Touchup Paint 1642449837728
Sponsored