Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to @Lacroix1 for suggesting these LED bulbs BEAMTECH H13 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh (9008 Hi/Lo) CSP Chi... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHCQ8KY/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_tai_jjBxCb...

I know a lot of you won’t consider putting LEDS in a Halogen housing but it was worth the $40 gamble, now I just have to find some LED DRL bulbs

Here is the before

38CBAFA1-D369-4610-A8CA-0A0344F88011.jpeg
D28D5A2F-BD06-41ED-8865-29E1F431B105.jpeg
251EB431-00A4-4298-BB37-1A2047C3F3BB.jpeg

And here is the driver side done

64C6710A-7164-4D51-A2B2-F5E808AC485C.jpeg

And here they are all done, took me about an hour but I just went slow

6B518661-BC40-4D6B-BB14-A9CED568D875.jpeg

CB7F8E14-30A5-4435-94AA-73A4825F9808.jpeg

1092D114-64CB-4B85-823C-956E419BEB75.jpeg

F73A8D9B-6C8B-4E72-9854-895A3406F0EF.jpeg

81D26E1B-8C49-420A-ADC4-5EAB90701AFE.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
And for those that get these here is some info from the maker, these have no drivers to stuff inside the housing and has a fairly large heatsink so hoping they last but like I said only $40 for the pair and they get decent reviews for the most part but we will see what happens in time and these only have to last until an aftermarket LED unit is available that is not $900

46E5B176-4F6E-4292-99FE-9D8F68AEBD52.png
C8906B96-215E-4994-8123-94DBEA17E2C3.jpeg
D2FD5C74-83F2-4084-B022-46BBD5D4FFB1.jpeg

Lacroix1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JL
Glad they worked out!
Keep us posted on the DRLs

raiken1

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2Dr
How is the pattern further from a wall? The ones I installed previously looked great 5 feet away, but the further away I got the worse the pattern was.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
How is the pattern further from a wall? The ones I installed previously looked great 5 feet away, but the further away I got the worse the pattern was.
I took it for a short drive last evening and am pleased, did not get flashed a single time and the pattern looks good to me, seems to have a decent cutoff

A10986DA-A98C-418C-8369-A2DFEE294635.jpeg
1D9D8124-8F58-4C00-95C8-7A0C89A91DAA.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Glad they worked out!
Keep us posted on the DRLs
Apparently the stock DRL’s are duel filament and most bulbs sold are not

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I heard that Katy Texas is overrun with gang members and if you flash your lights at their aftermarket LED or HID bulb glare they come after you. I think their name is The Cowboys. Maybe that's why on a short drive no one flashed.
Stock LED lights can get flashed because they are bright and sitting higher can hit at eye level.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Yep!

Which bumper do you have on and whether it was a direct fit?
I have the ROAM Slimline bumper and it’s a direct fit and when I went to it that particular bumper does not have cutouts for lights so I forfeited my fog lamps which I ran on all the time as they were very low but when I lost them I realized I needed more light so that’s why I went with the ones you suggested and they are pretty nice and can’t beat the price.

But no since going to the LED’s the DRL’s looked washed out and barely lit and are a yellowish color compared to the white LED’s so that’s why I am wanting LED’s for the DRL’s

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I heard that Katy Texas is overrun with gang members and if you flash your lights at their aftermarket LED or HID bulb glare they come after you. I think their name is The Cowboys. Maybe that's why on a short drive no one flashed.
Stock LED lights can get flashed because they are bright and sitting higher can hit at eye level.
Well mine do sit higher with the 2.5” lift and 35” tires but the beam off of the new LED’s fell in the exact spot as my factory halogens

Sponsored

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
Apparently the stock DRL’s are duel filament and most bulbs sold are not
https://www.diodedynamics.com/switc...or-2018-2019-jeep-jl-wrangler-sport-pair.html

I was actually looking to this today and while my research is early (probably won’t pull the trigger on these upgrades until Spring so I’ll keep digging) I think what you need to look for are switchback LEDs. From what little I’ve seen today, they do function as DRLs too.

So the Sport and Sport S like I have, and presumably you too, has a single bulb so the switchback LED let’s it literally switch from one color to the other. Apparently Sahara’s and Rubis have two bulbs in the fenders.. something like that.

Also, full disclaimer, I’m like 90% on this stuff.. only started looking into it this morning and then stopped researching to buy a new impact wrench to help install new lower control arms... ahhh I love my Jeep. :involve:

FERGOTTI

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2016 F150
https://www.diodedynamics.com/switc...or-2018-2019-jeep-jl-wrangler-sport-pair.html

I was actually looking to this today and while my research is early (probably won’t pull the trigger on these upgrades until Spring so I’ll keep digging) I think what you need to look for are switchback LEDs. From what little I’ve seen today, they do function as DRLs too.

So the Sport and Sport S like I have, and presumably you too, has a single bulb so the switchback LED let’s it literally switch from one color to the other. Apparently Sahara’s and Rubis have two bulbs in the fenders.. something like that.

Also, full disclaimer, I’m like 90% on this stuff.. only started looking into it this morning and then stopped researching to buy a new impact wrench to help install new lower control arms... ahhh I love my Jeep. :involve:
I have the diode switchbacks. Love them. Now need led bulbs for halogen headlights. Also bought oracle color shift halos! Awesome

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
I have the diode switchbacks. Love them. Now need led bulbs for halogen headlights. Also bought oracle color shift halos! Awesome
Right on! Can you confirm Sport/Sport S gets DRL on the fenders by simply plugging in the switchback bulb?

Saw a couple YouTube videos that suggested as much but wondering if it really is plug-and-play.

Also curious about LED headlights so I appreciate the OP! Up until this morning I was looking for halos but they seem so expensive. May just go with LED bulbs until halos become more common on the JL. Fender LED and DRLs would be icing on the cake!

One other question - this is for the OP too... any flickering when the Jeep starts from auto stop/start? I have cheapo LED fogs but they flicker (only) when the auto stop start starts the engine.. I ended up getting them since the halogens wouldn’t fit in the bumper I got.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t run switchbacks as Sahara’s have two separate bulbs, one bulb is the turn and the other one is the DRL and the stock DRL is a duel filament and the DD DRL bulbs are apparently a single filament and don’t work

Jas0n

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Right on! Can you confirm Sport/Sport S gets DRL on the fenders by simply plugging in the switchback bulb?

Saw a couple YouTube videos that suggested as much but wondering if it really is plug-and-play.

Also curious about LED headlights so I appreciate the OP! Up until this morning I was looking for halos but they seem so expensive. May just go with LED bulbs until halos become more common on the JL. Fender LED and DRLs would be icing on the cake!

One other question - this is for the OP too... any flickering when the Jeep starts from auto stop/start? I have cheapo LED fogs but they flicker (only) when the auto stop start starts the engine.. I ended up getting them since the halogens wouldn’t fit in the bumper I got.
I can’t run switchbacks as Sahara’s have two separate bulbs, one bulb is the turn and the other one is the DRL and the stock DRL is a duel filament and the DD DRL bulbs are apparently a single filament and don’t work
The DD bulbs posted work great in my sport S. There is no way to have DRL for our sports. The lights come on white when you either are in the parking light position or when you have the headlights on. They will flash amber when the turn/hazard signal is activated.
Sponsored