Sponsored

Guys, change your cabin air filter occasionally…..

OP
OP
Jeep’n Jay

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
A quick update. Got a chance to use the A/C in Moab this weekend. Wow, it’s like having a new air conditioner. Air flow is incredible. I cannot believe I never changed this before.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Cabin air filter - cleans up junk in the cabin air.
This only makes sense if you drive with the windows rolled up most of the time.

- For those of us in nice climates, my top is open in sunrider mode 95% of the time.
- That's why I purchased a convertible.

I have never changed a cabin air filter in any car I have owned.
I tend to keep my cars for 180,000 miles.

I supposed the cabin air filter helps keep the heat exchanger fins from becoming clogged with junk, which makes my air conditioner more effective.

But again - 95% of the time I am riding with windows down and top open.
The air in my cabin and the air outside my cabin are the same.
That's not something to be proud of, its just neglect.

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I change mine when at trade in time ;)

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Dumb / Newb question: What brand do you guys use to change them out? I imagine it makes a difference. Same question for the air intake filter.
Cabin air filter: I purchase the filter with the best price on Amazon or the auto parts store. Irrespective of brand, they all have similar filtering efficiency. The frequency of their replacement is what matters.

Engine air filter: OEM, full stop. More than twice have my oil analysis reports commented on the effectiveness of the engine's air filtration contributing to the quality of the analyzed sample. That's good enough for me.

Reactions: AMT

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Nope. Just basic science.
since I send more than 90% of my drive time With the top open. The air isn’t running so there is nothing
To
Filter
Cabin air filter only makes sense if you run with the cab closed up
Prove it, lets see your cabin filter.

specifically: "I have never changed a cabin air filter in any car I have owned.
I tend to keep my cars for 180,000 miles. "
This isn't something to be proud of. It's gross.

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Wrong, Wife has a 2016 Sport JKU and it has a cabin air filter. Don't feel bad, service guy at dealership made an ass out of me. I thought same thing you did till he pulled it out in front of me. Thought they was trying to sell me something my Jeep didn't have. Your other statement is also wrong. I got doorless and topless all summer long in my 2018 JLR and my cabin filter still gets dirty.
They had one sitting around. You got ripped off. JK Sports did not come with cabin air filters. They can still be added but JK Sports do not leave the factory with a cabin air filter installed.

MrTimberwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2016 JKU
They had one sitting around. You got ripped off. JK Sports did not come with cabin air filters. They can still be added but JK Sports do not leave the factory with a cabin air filter installed.
When the wife gets home from work today, I will take pics or video of me taking it out. It's there, I have changed it many times since we bought it new. Also we bought it brand new. Arrived at Dealership on a Friday afternoon, sales guy called said it was their. We went to dealership first thing Saturday morning. 3 miles on Jeep when I got in it. The only thing I can think of is It's a JKU sport S. It was power windows and power locks.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
When the wife gets home from work today, I will take pics or video of me taking it out. It's there, I have changed it many times since we bought it new. Also we bought it brand new. Arrived at Dealership on a Friday afternoon, sales guy called said it was their. We went to dealership first thing Saturday morning. 3 miles on Jeep when I got in it. The only thing I can think of is It's a JKU sport S. It was power windows and power locks.
I would suggest rereading my post again. Sport and Sport S JKs did not have cabin air filters installed upon leaving the factory. The service writer showed you a cabin air filter that wasn’t yours. A very easy upsell. Obviously you have a cabin air filter now given the dealership upsold one and you’ve been doing it since.

pittperson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
My AC was super weak, didn't even think about the cabin filter, and took it in for a diag. $179 later, the only problem was a dirty ass filter. :headbang:

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
I've been doing every 10k and it seems to be working OK.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep’n Jay

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
My AC was super weak, didn't even think about the cabin filter, and took it in for a diag. $179 later, the only problem was a dirty ass filter. :headbang:
Weak is an understatement. Ours barely blew any air on the max setting, I was actually thinking my blower motor was going bad, now that I replaced the air filter it is like a brand new air conditioner. I cannot believe how much airflow I have.

DucatistaPR

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 3.6 engine
Last week I bought a 2020 Wrangler Sport S 2 door with only 15k miles on it. The cabin filter was quite dirty. I change them every year.👍

20230402_110002.jpg

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara/2018 Durango R/T
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
I bought the K&N Cabin filter kit, just wash it out once a year and been great. Had one in my Durango as well for 4 years and works great, easy to clean

Dragon52

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon EcoDiesel
I use K&N cleanable/reusable filters for both the engine air filter and cabin air filter. I think it is worth the price.

henryb

First Name
henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler sport limited
i bought a k and n filter also. i found using the mopar filter i was getting white dandruff looking particles all over i even tried spraying with hair spray on both sides
Sponsored