Sponsored

Gupton Buyers Lounge

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

Sure there will be less '22s built but there really isn't any difference between a '20, '21 and a '22. The only thing the '22 has going for it over previous JLs is that it's newer.
Resale price for any of the above model years won't be much different other than random options packages adding a few bucks, like the front camera option that you couldn't get on a '20 for one example.

That said, in ten or fifteen years from now I can see a manual transmission JL becoming more desirable due to its scarcity.
Sponsored

Baldo72

First Name
Luca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon, Alfa Romeo Giulia, 1972 JEEP CJ5
Nice write up and a carbon copy of both my experiences there.

Once you air down your tires to where they should be you will notice much better driving manners.

As much as I luv Guptons, that is one item that truly preplexes me. After selling hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of Jeeps they know the tires always come in hot. Renee deflated mine for me both times before I started my 500 mile journey home, but that isn't her job. It's the PDI persons job and I can't believe its not on or added to the checklist they follow.

I'd be interested to here about the lot looked when you picked yours up. There were 260 there the day I picked Hazel up and 40 more came in that afternoon/next morning.

Combined with the ones that were on order, it was essentially an even thousand. Just crazy.

Our local dealers? Still nothing in their lots since I ordered my Hella last June.
I did some research and the tires that came with my XR are the
BF Goodrich 315/70R17 Tire, All-Terrain (LT315/70R17 113/110S)
and checking on BF Goodrich website they state that this tire has a max PSI of 45...per below screenshot...so for the factory to deliver them at 50 PSI and not to mention anything it is not right...
I did air down to 40 PSI and it is like day and night compared to how it was driving before...I guess 10 PSI makes a huge difference...who knows maybe I will try even lower 37 or 35...will experiment and figure it out also based on the load...

Jeep Wrangler JL Gupton Buyers Lounge TIRES

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
Hahaha you bought a JL sight unseen. Yep I did that too. When I hopped into my brand new blue JL and drove home, that was the first time I ever drove one. I'd already sold my JK and I knew I'd love the JL and I was totally right about that. Absolutely no regrets!

Congrats on your new jeep! It looks sweet! IDK but I love looking at pictures of other peoples jeeps. it makes me excited to also have one ^^
Same for me. Iā€™ve still never drove one.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
I did some research and the tires that came with my XR are the
BF Goodrich 315/70R17 Tire, All-Terrain (LT315/70R17 113/110S)
and checking on BF Goodrich website they state that this tire has a max PSI of 45...per below screenshot...so for the factory to deliver them at 50 PSI and not to mention anything it is not right...
I did air down to 40 PSI and it is like day and night compared to how it was driving before...I guess 10 PSI makes a huge difference...who knows maybe I will try even lower 37 or 35...will experiment and figure it out also based on the load...

Jeep Wrangler JL Gupton Buyers Lounge TIRES
They do this so tires don't settle and get flat spots while on the lot. It's dealer responsibility to put them to proper spec when getting it ready for a customer. Most dealers sadly seem not do this. It really does make a MASSIVE difference in driving them. Over-inflated it gets difficult to control the vehicle.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
You guys see any Gobi on the lot šŸ§

Sponsored

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

They do this so tires don't settle and get flat spots while on the lot. It's dealer responsibility to put them to proper spec when getting it ready for a customer. Most dealers sadly seem not do this. It really does make a MASSIVE difference in driving them. Over-inflated it gets difficult to control the vehicle.
In my case they did air down the tires to 37 before I took delivery, so that went well. What I had to check was the fuses, itā€™s been mentioned here to make sure all the fuses are properly seated, yep, there were some loose ones.

Baldo72

First Name
Luca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon, Alfa Romeo Giulia, 1972 JEEP CJ5
they probably move so many cars that they don't have the time? maybe...but I think they should make it a good practice to do that...I drove 450 miles at 50 PSI it was not fun...

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I would think it would be on the official PDI sheet.

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Walter promise me they checked. When I got in and drove away they were at 39. 39 quickly becomes 43 once you hit the road and it was jittery. Now I do 34 cold and end up at 37. Much better.

Sponsored

kjl2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2-Door
Clubs

Out of state Gupton Buyers: I just received my paperwork in the mail from Gupton and there was a check for the exact amount of my sales tax. I assume this is because Gupton didnā€™t pay the tax in my state, so when I go to the DMV I will have to give them that? Does that make sense?

PeterG7

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Out of state Gupton Buyers: I just received my paperwork in the mail from Gupton and there was a check for the exact amount of my sales tax. I assume this is because Gupton didnā€™t pay the tax in my state, so when I go to the DMV I will have to give them that? Does that make sense?
I deposited mine into savings. The dmv was confused as it was a lease from out of state but they followed the instructions in the paperwork and I owed less. Im keeping the extra in savings in case the dmv sends a bill.

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
How long did it take you to get your paperwork from them? Picked mine up on 5/26, still haven't seen so much as a label has been created.

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
How long did it take you to get your paperwork from them? Picked mine up on 5/26, still haven't seen so much as a label has been created.
She works on the packets on Saturdays. Usually about 2 weeks'ish for mine.

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
She works on the packets on Saturdays. Usually about 2 weeks'ish for mine.
Guess we'll see if it happens this week, but I got 17 days left to register it, or I start accruing penalties.
Sponsored