Sponsored

Gupton Experience

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Just a few notes for anyone planning on going the Gupton route. I did recently, and I’d give the experience a B+.

* The prices they give you, for both the Jeep and your trade, are the prices you’ll get. Never any games. Never any BS. Nothing changed throughout. Totally straightforward deal.

* They are BUSY, with dozens and dozens of Jeeps on the lot. It’s a machine. Get there early to secure your place in line. Expect to wait a while. Their customer service was polite enough, but not overly friendly. They’re not there to be your friend. It’s purely transactional, and that’s fine.

* They take a long time (around two weeks) to process paperwork. This is my only real “ding” on the process. Took too long, IMO, to get all my registration info from them. Took them a while to pay off the trade, too. They could use more staff.

So overall, B+. Where it really matters — honoring the deal — they’re great. Buy with confidence. But the customer service experience could be improved a little. I think they’ve just grown so fast that they’re having a hard time keeping up.
Sponsored

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
I am just a week into my wait. Like you I found them to be straight shooters, and I got such a great deal right off the bat there was no point in really haggling. My price for my build-out was very close to the next "thousand" threshold and I asked them to go a little lower to the $XX,995 so I can feel like "I stuck it to the man," and they dropped an extra $48 off the price to make it happen. I did it more for laughs than anything else. I certainly wouldn't have walked away from the deal over it. The discount they gave below invoice is as good as you are going to get without factory incentives, and I believe they give the exact deal to everyone to make it fair and honest to all. I can see how success has quickly overran their ability to be more than just transactional, and I'm ok with that.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR

Sponsored

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
What email did y’all use to contact them?

I emailed [email protected] several days ago for a quote on a GC-L and haven’t heard anything back.
I think that Daniel is the only one that cuts the internet deals at Gupton, but it wouldn't hurt to call them since he is pretty swamped. I would also contact Kent out of Peterson CDJR out of Nampa, ID. if you just want to just get a factory deal done. First come first served sort of thing. I believe Kent will give you basically the same offer. His offer to me was almost the exact same offer as Daniel's. He is Nampa's factory order guy. He reached out to me yesterday over my previous post because he cares about customer service. I was impressed by his commitment. For me it was just a first come first served sort of thing. I could have seen myself going with Kent if Daniel didn't get there first with such a great deal.

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
$499. They're high, but up front about it.
thanks - 'm waiting to pull the trigger on an order and trade - but likely go Mac Haik locally , because not hearing back from Renee on a basic order or my trade price - still running my own numbers though to compare

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Got my factory deal with Gupton in April and I also had a great experience. I'm sure business has grown in the 8 months since my deal due to the car market getting tighter and Gupton remaining 1 of the few dealers still selling significantly below invoice. So, I guess it's understandable if they are a bit more robotic with their transactions and not as friendly.

If they're still cutting these deals when the JM comes out, wouldn't hesitate to purchase there again.

Sponsored

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still not heard back anything in around 10 days, when Renee was asking for my build and VIN number - few enquiry SMS as follow up from me

Need to give it a few more days and go local in Houston looks like, which is disappointing, but saves a long journey i guess

now as a side note - I might be buying a 2015/2016 Plate Defender 110 from a mate in Cape Town - 40K km, so bit of a unicorn

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Ironed out the details for my order with Renee on Saturday, placed my deposit and order went in first thing Monday. Got my VON about 40 minutes later. Read somewhere else on here that it takes about a week to get a VIN so I don't plan to reach out until early next week about that.

Already told Renee I plan to trade in my Tacoma assuming they made a good offer and she happily told me we could iron out those details when it comes time to pick up the Jeep. I agreed there is no sense talking about pricing now with the market the way it is. Got an offer from Vroom on Saturday that would let me break even on the truck!

Couldn't be happier with the experience so far. Also, I called to make initial contact rather than email. I told them I was calling to order a Wrangler and it was recommended that I speak to Daniel. When I was told he was out until Monday, I said that was fine and I would talk to anyone. Shortly after that, I was connected with Renee and she emailed me all of the details.

EDIT: Just checked Jeep Chat and I also have a VIN. Also (not sure if this is normal), apparently all parts have been allocated for my build and I am in the scheduling process!

Last edited:

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
still not heard back anything in around 10 days, when Renee was asking for my build and VIN number - few enquiry SMS as follow up from me

Need to give it a few more days and go local in Houston looks like, which is disappointing, but saves a long journey i guess

now as a side note - I might be buying a 2015/2016 Plate Defender 110 from a mate in Cape Town - 40K km, so bit of a unicorn
In Houston, try Southfork CDJR. They are on the south side near Pearland. At the time we were buying, they were offering a very good deal, almost good enough to skip flying out to Gupton and the extra expenses involved in taking delivery in another state. We dealt with a manager there, possibly the sales manager, don't recall his name.

Last edited:

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Houston, try Southfork CDJR. They are on the south side near Pearland. At the time we were buying, they were offering a very good deal, almost good enough to skip flying out to Gupton and the extra expenses involved in taking delivery in another state. We dealt with a manager there, possibly the sales manager, don't recall his name.
Hello - When was this ? possible when affilaite discount still available

i just seen on other pages that Mark Dodge of Lake Charles is doing i beleive 3% below Invoice

euan

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
Hello - When was this ? possible when affilaite discount still available

i just seen on other pages that Mark Dodge of Lake Charles is doing i beleive 3% below Invoice

euan
June 2021. It wasn't quite 3% below invoice. I think it was 1 or 2%.

3% below invoice in Lake Charles is pretty good! You could drive out there with somebody, and one drive the other car and you drive the Jeep back. All done within a day.
Sponsored