Gupton Experience

Volare

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW Passat TDI, 2022 JLURD
completed online valuation of my Sahara on 25th November, and spoke to Anthony who advised was going to pass me onto Renee due to Forum rates
Few mails and text from Renee who was going to get me a build price, and trade in value for my Sahara
Then nothing - few subtle text as reminder, advising i appreciated she is busy and to take her time, but i heard back zip

Ordered today with Max Dodge @ Lake Charles @ 4.5% below invoice,, so lucked out i didn't have to drive 700 miles

I appreciate this was not other peoples experience but it was mine.
Who was your contact at Lake Charles?
Sponsored

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
Who was your contact at Lake Charles?
Justin has ordered from same contact - i passed the name on the dealers below INvoice thread

Derrick Vidrine
337 485 1716

I don't know either way - it might be time limited due to the volume they are ordering just now - across brands i imagine, but they are selling 400 a month compared to 200 a month previously

punchagoat

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Hey, what's the best way to contact Gupton? I emailed, no response as of yet.

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Hey, what's the best way to contact Gupton? I emailed, no response as of yet.
Best way is to email Daniel in the early monring because they get a LOT of emails everyday, or call them! I think they are off Wednesday or Thursday too btw so they may take a day in some cases

Sponsored

punchagoat

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Best way is to email Daniel in the early monring because they get a LOT of emails everyday, or call them! I think they are off Wednesday or Thursday too btw so they may take a day in some cases
Sweet, thanks.

bRett32

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD
I ordered my Gupton in May of '21, picked up in June. Completely painless.

No trade as it was an additional car rather than replacement so pretty straight forward all around.

I flew in the night before (CO to TN) and arrived a few minutes after they opened - I found them all patient and friendly but even though I was only there for maybe 40 minutes in total there were already several people arriving as I left and doing their introductions with Renee and doing walk-arounds of their Jeeps - there were also two folks that seemed to arrive hours early without notice and a queue of people that looked to have appointments so I can certainly see if they aren't super chatty with everyone if that's how most days go.

Its a bit of a drive/flight but I'd 100% buy from them again.

Our preferred local dealer has been great on the service/warranty side but each time we've tried to buy a car they've been really reluctant to order or even dealer trade for a specific vehicle and that seems to be Gupton's game; and in my experience they were pretty exceptional at it.

High-Strung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLURD
I ordered my Gupton in May of '21, picked up in June. Completely painless.

No trade as it was an additional car rather than replacement so pretty straight forward all around.

I flew in the night before (CO to TN) and arrived a few minutes after they opened - I found them all patient and friendly but even though I was only there for maybe 40 minutes in total there were already several people arriving as I left and doing their introductions with Renee and doing walk-arounds of their Jeeps - there were also two folks that seemed to arrive hours early without notice and a queue of people that looked to have appointments so I can certainly see if they aren't super chatty with everyone if that's how most days go.

Its a bit of a drive/flight but I'd 100% buy from them again.

Our preferred local dealer has been great on the service/warranty side but each time we've tried to buy a car they've been really reluctant to order or even dealer trade for a specific vehicle and that seems to be Gupton's game; and in my experience they were pretty exceptional at it.
You mentioned you flew from CO to TN.. How did you get from Nashville I'm assuming to Springfield? I did see that it was still like a 34 mile trip from the airport. Uber? City Bus?

Edit: Got my bearings loose lol

Last edited:

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
You mentioned you flew from CO to TN.. How did you get from Memphis I'm assuming to Springfield? I did see that it was still like a 34 mile trip from the airport. Uber? City Bus?
few of the guys got picked up by the owner, or they did a consolidated trip if few guys were arriving at close times

clonedog41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Granite 2.0, 2022 JL Snazzy Willys 2.0
You mentioned you flew from CO to TN.. How did you get from Memphis I'm assuming to Springfield? I did see that it was still like a 34 mile trip from the airport. Uber? City Bus?
You need to fly to Nashville (BNA). I flew in from Salt Lake and took an Uber to the Hampton Inn and walked across the road to the dealership in the morning. I could have had Daniel pick me up, but I enjoyed the walk. I picked up the Jeep and drove it back to the hotel to get my bag and take some pictures then started the drive home. That was in August for my wife's JLUR. I am waiting for my JL Willys now. Daniel did offer to pick me up from the airport, but I didn't want to wait. His uncle is usual the driver to and from the airport. Great Folks.

Sponsored

High-Strung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLURD
You need to fly to Nashville (BNA). I flew in from Salt Lake and took an Uber to the Hampton Inn and walked across the road to the dealership in the morning. I could have had Daniel pick me up, but I enjoyed the walk. I picked up the Jeep and drove it back to the hotel to get my bag and take some pictures then started the drive home. That was in August for my wife's JLUR. I am waiting for my JL Willys now. Daniel did offer to pick me up from the airport, but I didn't want to wait. His uncle is usual the driver to and from the airport. Great Folks.
Awesome! Thanks!

bRett32

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD
You mentioned you flew from CO to TN.. How did you get from Nashville I'm assuming to Springfield? I did see that it was still like a 34 mile trip from the airport. Uber? City Bus?

Edit: Got my bearings loose lol
I flew from Colorado Springs -> DFW -> Nashville, grabbed a cab to a Holiday Inn Express and then just scheduled an Uber for early in the morning. It is a 30-40 minute drive, of course depending on where your hotel happens to be if you scheduled it the same way and we did hit a little bit of morning commute traffic.

The Uber ride was something like $45. The Gupton staff will absolutely pick you up as I understand it - fairly certain they offered. I had a bit of a round-about drive home and wanted to try to get an early start and assumed with an Uber I could get there when they opened thinking they likely sent out whomever would do the pickup when they opened, I might not be the only person they were picking up, etc. - so figured the Uber plan might buy me a couple of hours on the trip home.

If you're looking to get out quick they seem happy to oblige - Renee has the walk through and setup system down - it seemed like it could be quite in depth if it is your first Jeep or first UConnect vehicle or whatever - or for the folks here who are on their 2nd/3rd/4th JL you can probably do the walk-around/inspection and get right to your paperwork.

I will say it was pretty cool to walk out with the keys and see all the people picking up doing their walk-arounds, comparing their builds, complimenting each other's new Jeeps and discussing where they'd all come in from, etc. - I had to get on my way but I think even if you picked up on a busy day it would be easy to kill some time just talking to all the other people doing their pick ups.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
I ordered October 11th and picked mine up yesterday. Very easy experience, super nice people, even gave me a ride back from the rental car place. Even though the affiliate pricing was not being offered when I initially purchased, Daniel put it on yesterday since it is being offered again with my control number and I got an even better deal than he initially quoted me (another 1%). Met a couple forum members while there! I would absolutely recommend Gupton in a heart beat. Great people, easy experience, great price.

John

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I ordered October 11th and picked mine up yesterday. Very easy experience, super nice people, even gave me a ride back from the rental car place.
What rental agency did you use? Enterprise is in town, but there aren’t any in my area that appear to be offering one-way rentals right now.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
What rental agency did you use? Enterprise is in town, but there aren’t any in my area that appear to be offering one-way rentals right now.
I used budget and had the drop off at Madison, TN. So painless - they gave me a drive back to the dealership for free! (I did tip the guy).

John
Sponsored