Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
Congrats! Nice Rubicon! Trailer is pretty nice also! 👍

Damn, that's a LOT of freaking Wranglers at a single dealer during this shortage!!!!
Thanks --- I splurged on the trailer to haul around my rock crawler JKU. It's WIDE and I got tired of removing the fenders on my old trailer to load and unload. This trailer is super sweet and makes the job a lot easier. Next thing is wheel nets from Mac's Tie Downs, but the straps work OK too.

Jeep Wrangler JL My Gupton Pickup Experience 9/30/21 3
Sponsored

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
We picked up my wife's new JLURD a week ago today, with Walter. We had a 9 hour drive and left Friday after work, spending the night in Paducah, KY. In the morning we were up early and got to the dealership right after 8am. We took my wife's previous ride, a 2019 Subaru Ascent as Walter's trade number was close enough to offers through Vroom, Carvana and KBB, to make it worthwhile. The savings on sales tax is a bunch more than the small difference in his price.

We unloaded the Subi, while Walter went and washed and filled up the new Rubi. It took a few extra minutes for the paperwork as they hadn't included the wife's name, although it was requested in advance. Walter made quick work of correcting that and we got through the rest with no problems. No pressure on the extended warranty, other than a very quick required offer of it.

Got the Rubi loaded up and headed back to Iowa, driving straight through home another 9 hours. We saw about 5-6 others taking delivery and I asked one guy if he was a forum member after watching him checking fuses and relays under the hood. :) I know he Uber'd in and drove off before us.

Crazy there are still that many rigs on the lot. Did they tell you how many?

Didn't see any Hella's. Keepin them rare. I like it.

But since I know you all are dying to see one now, here's mine after I put her side steps on today.

20211016_194720.jpg

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Does Gupton allow switching wheels out as part of the deal, like if I brought my own or would I still eat the cost of factory wheels? I know every dealer is different.