Thank you for the review!

Were there a lot of Gladiators there?
Sponsored

kumbaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 4XE
if you dont mind me asking, how long had your jeep been there before you got a heads up to come and pick up your jeep?

seeing people who delivered after mine picking up and getting kinda concerned/not sure how long to wait or if something has gone wrong with mine

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Lemme guess - when Renee was going over the Jeep app and Uconnect/Sirius stuff with you, did you test it by activating the alarm?

I did, then realized you can't turn it off - just have to let it run out. Renee just chuckled and said *everyone* does that. 4 other people did it in the time it took me to visit with Daniel/Walter, lol.

People wonder how Gupton has such low prices. These pics explain it pretty perfectly - I'd wager that especially right now, maybe 1-2 other dealers in the whole country have that much inventory, and it's likely 95% pre-sold. Daniel and team don't need a sales staff, and those vehicles will likely be on the lot for less than 10 days - many of them closer to 3-4 days. There's basically zero overhead, and as long as they've been in business, I'd wager he fully owns the land/property, too.

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
P
if you dont mind me asking, how long had your jeep been there before you got a heads up to come and pick up your jeep?

seeing people who delivered after mine picking up and getting kinda concerned/not sure how long to wait or if something has gone wrong with mine
I was "escalated " so FCA sent me an email the Thursday morning after it came in on Wednesday. I think mine was one of the 80 that arrived that day.

I contacted Daniel on Friday and requested to pick it up that next Thursday. If I had known how many that had came in I would have gave them 2 weeks.

Jeep Chat can tell you if its there. I think Gupton is waiting a bit before informing it is thrre because they have been having issues with impatient people wanting theirs the day after it arrives. Also Saturday is THE WORST day you can ask to pick it up. They can only do so many a day and are backed up several weeks for Saturday delivery and that is pissing people off too.

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
P

I was "escalated " so FCA sent me an email the Thursday morning after it came in on Wednesday. I think mine was one of the 80 that arrived that day.

I contacted Daniel on Friday and requested to pick it up that next Thursday. If I had known how many that had came in I would have gave them 2 weeks.

Jeep Chat can tell you if its there. I think Gupton is waiting a bit before informing it is thrre because they have been having issues with impatient people wanting theirs the day after it arrives. Also Saturday is THE WORST day you can ask to pick it up. They can only do so many a day and are backed up several weeks for Saturday delivery and that is pissing people off too.
I would imagine that's an issue too. WHen my Gladiator is ready I may try and do a Monday pickup so it's a little easier on them.

Sponsored

Steel8083

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
Saturday worr8me too but coming from out of town on short notice don't have a choice. Renee said come in we'll get you out quick as we can.

kumbaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 4XE
I would imagine that's an issue too. WHen my Gladiator is ready I may try and do a Monday pickup so it's a little easier on them.
P

good tips. im down to pick up anytime. i just sent an email saying no rush/pressure, just wanted to confirm arrival and maybe schedule something far out when theres more availability

GR8ESC

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I was told 0% financing doesnt count as dealer financing to get the extra 1% off. Im just curious what their rates are, I have great credit but is the 3-5% for 6-8 months worth the extra 1% off?
It does make sense depending upon the initial rate. Bank of America today offers 2.29% as their lowest rate for a new car/dealer purchase. At a $55,000 loan amount the payment would be $971.02 per month (60 months). If the dealer offered 3.99% your payment would be $1,012.66 or $41.64 more per month. Six payments, the additional cost would be $249.84, so a little less than half of the 1% savings. The issue will be refinancing in six months, and can you get that same low starting rate. Some here have indicated that some lenders (credit unions) will consider a vehicle as still being "new" with less than 7,500 miles. The reason the dealer wants you to make six payments is that when they "sell" that loan to the lender, the lender "pays up" a premium for the above market rate. Lenders will have a claw back provision if the loan pays off too soon and will recapture any premium paid to the dealer for that higher rate loan since it did not stay on the books long enough for the lender to recoup the premium paid to the dealer. Hope this info helps.

Gary
Jeep owner in waiting

Beasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Accord, 22 Jeep 392
It does make sense depending upon the initial rate. Bank of America today offers 2.29% as their lowest rate for a new car/dealer purchase. At a $55,000 loan amount the payment would be $971.02 per month (60 months). If the dealer offered 3.99% your payment would be $1,012.66 or $41.64 more per month. Six payments, the additional cost would be $249.84, so a little less than half of the 1% savings. The issue will be refinancing in six months, and can you get that same low starting rate. Some here have indicated that some lenders (credit unions) will consider a vehicle as still being "new" with less than 7,500 miles. The reason the dealer wants you to make six payments is that when they "sell" that loan to the lender, the lender "pays up" a premium for the above market rate. Lenders will have a claw back provision if the loan pays off too soon and will recapture any premium paid to the dealer for that higher rate loan since it did not stay on the books long enough for the lender to recoup the premium paid to the dealer. Hope this info helps.

Gary
Jeep owner in waiting
What Im hearing is, I should just bring my own financing. haha

Zacreth

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gecko 4xe
I just received my window sticker yesterday but I figured it was only 1 week for the transfer and not 4 but that's fine with me.
The only difference is that my drive back will be close to 25hrs so this should be fun. Guess I will definitely use up the first tank of gas on a 4xe...lol

Sponsored

Gnip

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubi Sting Gray
I bet one of the 2-doors you saw was mine... hopefully I'm going to be flying up next week to pick it up.

Anyone from Texas want to enlighten me on any pitfalls when I go to register? Don't hijack the thread...just send me a message

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
As promised here's my full review of my Gupton buying experience

Built my Jeep online, sent it to Daniel, within 5 minutes he came back with a quote. Normally the price negotiation part of the vehicle buying process is excruciating and time consuming. With Gupton it was painless and quick.

Ordered my JLU Sport 06/18
Build completed 9 1/2 weeks later on 08/24
Arrived at dealer 4 weeks later on 09/23
Picked up a week later on 09/30

I flew a small regional carrier to St. Louis, stayed overnight and flew a Southwest flight direct to Nashville.

I was picked up from the airport by Mike, who I assumed was an employee, but it turns out is a co-owner. Funny thing is I didn't know that as I droned on about how unique and pleasurable the buying experience had been thus far on our 30 minute drive to the dealership. I'll bet he got a kick out of that.

When I arrived I was immediately greeted by Renee and shortly thereafter Daniel.

Renee, who is quite pretty, got right to business as she knew I wanted to get on the road as quickly as possible. We breezed through a few papers, setup my Jeep account and she passed me off to Walter the F&I Manager.

Now normally this is the point where the process usually really starts to suck as the F&I guy tries to scare and strong-arm you into buying a bunch of high-margin, useless crap.

I voluntarily offered to finance a portion of the sales price with the FCA offered 0%/36m terms if it helped Gupton at all. Walter said they got nothing out of it, so that made it easy. He showed me what I owed, less my $1,000 deposit + $499 doc + $7.50 drive away tag, I wrote him a personal check and we were done. Maybe 15 minutes total and a lot of that was us just visiting.

Now Walter did have the extended warranty ready for me to review before the main paperwork. I explained that I planned to sell this one in the spring, after I ordered a new one from them. This was the truth and he took me at my word and withdrew the warranty papers. If life happens and I don't sell, I will buy the warranty through Gupton, because they earned and deserve my future business.

After we were finished Walter passed me back to Renee who took me out and introduced me to my new Jeep that was sitting front and center. Since I had not even sat in one before, I had a number of dumb questions, which she patiently and enthusiastically answered.

Daniel came out as we were finishing up to thank me again for purchasing from Gupton.

I asked if I could peruse the lot and take pics, since I had NEVER saw that many Wrangler in one place at the same time and I got to see all the colors and various trim levels.

Finished that up, popped in and told everyone goodbye, grabbed a soda and headed off on my 7 hour drive back home.

So summarizing, quickest, easiest and best new car buying experience I've ever had, period.

All the staff members I met were as honest & down to earth as they come. I felt like I'd known them for years.
They did exactly what they promised without a bunch of bullshit, shell games or trickery. Very refreshing experience indeed.

And, best of all, I'm luvin this Jeep!

inCollage_20211005_165229967.jpg

inCollage_20211005_165315907.jpg
Did you do any inspection before you left? I noticed a bunch of people recommend checking the tire pressure, fuses, etc. So I was wondering if you ran into any of those issues

Steel8083

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
Did you do any inspection before you left? I noticed a bunch of people recommend checking the tire pressure, fuses, etc. So I was wondering if you ran into any of those issues
My tire pressures were 47 lbs so Yes plan to lower them. Renee took my to My Jeep so I could inspect it She opened all the doors, hood and even the cover off the fuses. Mine all felt good to go so I don't know if they do it or I just got lucky

cooperjet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave 06 MINI Cooper S
My tires were over inflated also when I picked up my Gladiator. It rode so much better once I got them down to the appropriate pressure. I think mine were around 42.

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
My tire pressures were 47 lbs so Yes plan to lower them. Renee took my to My Jeep so I could inspect it She opened all the doors, hood and even the cover off the fuses. Mine all felt good to go so I don't know if they do it or I just got lucky
Ah that's nice that she goes over it.

My tires were over inflated also when I picked up my Gladiator. It rode so much better once I got them down to the appropriate pressure. I think mine were around 42.
Isn't 42 or especially 47 really high? I haven't read much of the Owner's manual yet but I thought reading here 36-37 was the recommendation. Would it be a good idea for me to bring a tire gauge and deflate a bit?
Sponsored