Sponsored

My detailed Gupton review with photos

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
As promised here's my full review of my Gupton buying experience

Built my Jeep online, sent it to Daniel, within 5 minutes he came back with a quote. Normally the price negotiation part of the vehicle buying process is excruciating and time consuming. With Gupton it was painless and quick.

Ordered my JLU Sport 06/18
Build completed 9 1/2 weeks later on 08/24
Arrived at dealer 4 weeks later on 09/23
Picked up a week later on 09/30

I flew a small regional carrier to St. Louis, stayed overnight and flew a Southwest flight direct to Nashville.

I was picked up from the airport by Mike, who I assumed was an employee, but it turns out is a co-owner. Funny thing is I didn't know that as I droned on about how unique and pleasurable the buying experience had been thus far on our 30 minute drive to the dealership. I'll bet he got a kick out of that.

When I arrived I was immediately greeted by Renee and shortly thereafter Daniel.

Renee, who is quite pretty, got right to business as she knew I wanted to get on the road as quickly as possible. We breezed through a few papers, setup my Jeep account and she passed me off to Walter the F&I Manager.

Now normally this is the point where the process usually really starts to suck as the F&I guy tries to scare and strong-arm you into buying a bunch of high-margin, useless crap.

I voluntarily offered to finance a portion of the sales price with the FCA offered 0%/36m terms if it helped Gupton at all. Walter said they got nothing out of it, so that made it easy. He showed me what I owed, less my $1,000 deposit + $499 doc + $7.50 drive away tag, I wrote him a personal check and we were done. Maybe 15 minutes total and a lot of that was us just visiting.

Now Walter did have the extended warranty ready for me to review before the main paperwork. I explained that I planned to sell this one in the spring, after I ordered a new one from them. This was the truth and he took me at my word and withdrew the warranty papers. If life happens and I don't sell, I will buy the warranty through Gupton, because they earned and deserve my future business.

After we were finished Walter passed me back to Renee who took me out and introduced me to my new Jeep that was sitting front and center. Since I had not even sat in one before, I had a number of dumb questions, which she patiently and enthusiastically answered.

Daniel came out as we were finishing up to thank me again for purchasing from Gupton.

I asked if I could peruse the lot and take pics, since I had NEVER saw that many Wrangler in one place at the same time and I got to see all the colors and various trim levels.

Finished that up, popped in and told everyone goodbye, grabbed a soda and headed off on my 7 hour drive back home.

So summarizing, quickest, easiest and best new car buying experience I've ever had, period.

All the staff members I met were as honest & down to earth as they come. I felt like I'd known them for years.
They did exactly what they promised without a bunch of bullshit, shell games or trickery. Very refreshing experience indeed.

And, best of all, I'm luvin this Jeep!

inCollage_20211005_165229967.jpg

inCollage_20211005_165315907.jpg
Sponsored

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
Thanks for sharing. That may be our new JLURD in the top pic. The white one front and center. Picking it up this Saturday.

So nice to hear how easy it is.

I had a similar experience with a new Ram 2500 a few years ago in Texas. Dealer has since been bought out, but it took literally about 15 minutes since we had previously signed the paperwork via Fedex. They were just like Gupton as far as pricing goes.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
As promised here's my full review of my Gupton buying experience

Built my Jeep online, sent it to Daniel, within 5 minutes he came back with a quote. Normally the price negotiation part of the vehicle buying process is excruciating and time consuming. With Gupton it was painless and quick.

Ordered my JLU Sport 06/18
Build completed 9 1/2 weeks later on 08/24
Arrived at dealer 4 weeks later on 09/23
Picked up a week later on 09/30

I flew a small regional carrier to St. Louis, stayed overnight and flew a Southwest flight direct to Nashville.

I was picked up from the airport by Mike, who I assumed was an employee, but it turns out is a co-owner. Funny thing is I didn't know that as I droned on about how unique and pleasurable the buying experience had been thus far on our 30 minute drive to the dealership. I'll bet he got a kick out of that.

When I arrived I was immediately greeted by Renee and shortly thereafter Daniel.

Renee, who is quite pretty, got right to business as she knew I wanted to get on the road as quickly as possible. We breezed through a few papers, setup my Jeep account and she passed me off to Walter the F&I Manager.

Now normally this is the point where the process usually really starts to suck as the F&I guy tries to scare and strong-arm you into buying a bunch of high-margin, useless crap.

I voluntarily offered to finance a portion of the sales price with the FCA offered 0%/36m terms if it helped Gupton at all. Walter said they got nothing out of it, so that made it easy. He showed me what I owed, less my $1,000 deposit + $499 doc + $7.50 drive away tag, I wrote him a personal check and we were done. Maybe 15 minutes total and a lot of that was us just visiting.

Now Walter did have the extended warranty ready for me to review before the main paperwork. I explained that I planned to sell this one in the spring, after I ordered a new one from them. This was the truth and he took me at my word and withdrew the warranty papers. If life happens and I don't sell, I will buy the warranty through Gupton, because they earned and deserve my future business.

After we were finished Walter passed me back to Renee who took me out and introduced me to my new Jeep that was sitting front and center. Since I had not even sat in one before, I had a number of dumb questions, which she patiently and enthusiastically answered.

Daniel came out as we were finishing up to thank me again for purchasing from Gupton.

I asked if I could peruse the lot and take pics, since I had NEVER saw that many Wrangler in one place at the same time and I got to see all the colors and various trim levels.

Finished that up, popped in and told everyone goodbye, grabbed a soda and headed off on my 7 hour drive back home.

So summarizing, quickest, easiest and best new car buying experience I've ever had, period.

All the staff members I met were as honest & down to earth as they come. I felt like I'd known them for years.
They did exactly what they promised without a bunch of bullshit, shell games or trickery. Very refreshing experience indeed.

And, best of all, I'm luvin this Jeep!

Jeep Wrangler JL My detailed Gupton review with photos inCollage_20211005_165315907

Jeep Wrangler JL My detailed Gupton review with photos inCollage_20211005_165315907
Awesome. Thanks for the write up. Headed that way Thursday. Direct flight in and also a 7 hour drive back home. Thanks for the pics. Didn't see my White Rubi, there's a White Rubi in there but not XR. Hell, I hope it's there, lol. I did notice, not another Hella in the bunch. You da man :) Congrats!1

JoeBanks

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport JLU
Congrats!
Those pics are awesome! đź‘Ť

Sponsored

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Awesome. Thanks for the write up. Headed that way Thursday. Direct flight in and also a 7 hour drive back home. Thanks for the pics. Didn't see my White Rubi, there's a White Rubi in there but not XR. Hell, I hope it's there, lol. I did notice, not another Hella in the bunch. You da man :) Congrats!1
Actually there was one other Hella, a Rubi 4xe, right at $30,000 more than mine. It was sweet looking and gave me the perspective of different trims.

20211005_203534.jpg

C5er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
That was pretty much my experience picking up my rubicon early September. Absolutely the best car buying experience I have ever had. fast, easy and the whole team was extremely friendly.

and I get to do it again Monday picking up the wife’s Sahara. I see a potential match for her car in one of your Picts.

Gwagwv

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, 21 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I picked up mine on Saturday. It is absolutely surreal to see a dealer lot that full. I felt like a kid in a candy store looking at all the Jeep’s Gupton has.

Beasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Accord, 22 Jeep 392
I was told 0% financing doesnt count as dealer financing to get the extra 1% off. Im just curious what their rates are, I have great credit but is the 3-5% for 6-8 months worth the extra 1% off?

Sponsored

Coletrickle

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 TJ Rubicon, 19 JLU Rubicon, 21 JT Mojave
Occupation
Build Electricity with Coal
I was told 0% financing doesnt count as dealer financing to get the extra 1% off. Im just curious what their rates are, I have great credit but is the 3-5% for 6-8 months worth the extra 1% off?
When we purchased our 2021 Gladiator Mojave from Gupton I recieved 8% below invoice and got 0% financing through Chrysler Capital.

clonedog41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Granite 2.0, 2022 JL Snazzy Willys 2.0
I picked up from Gupton at the end of August. They got me 2.59 for 72 months for the extra 1% off.

dgood94

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray 2021 JLUR 4xe
That is awesome to see! I'm guessing I'll see a bunch of you all this Saturday. Stingray 4xe Rubi and a 10 hour drive back to Northern VA! Can't wait!

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
Correct. Without thinking too hard about it or crunching any numbers, seems that 0% for 36 months is the way to go. That's what we did anyway. We were in the same boat.

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
I was picked up from the airport by Mike, who I assumed was an employee, but it turns out is a co-owner.
Was he in a blue-ish Ram truck? Did he have a mustache and was he a shorter guy? Did he tell you he lives near the dealership? The gentleman that valeted us fits the above description. I tried to tip him, but he wouldn't take it. If he was part-owner, I now understand why!
Sponsored