Sponsored

Shiner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
lockman.... duh... that makes much more sense. I misinterpreted what he said.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.
Sponsored

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
I just reminded them that since they made me pay a deposit on the jeep we were under a contract that they just breached. The GM has told me the owner is going to call me to discuss a resolution.
I agree 100% with Karinda. I would demand that they get your Jeep back and cut you a deep discount on your now used vehicle. Like mentions the window sticker states that this Jeep was built for you. If they wonā€™t do this I would be joining every social media platform that is out there and spreading the word of how they operate.

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
That sucks that the dealership did that to you. I would be real pissed off with the dealership and make them make it right. Have them give you another vehicle to use until your new deeply discounted ordered Jeep comes in
I would make them get mine back from the other person that they sold it to and then have to take care of them also. That wasnā€™t their vehicle to sell to someone else. No one noticed the built for on the window sticker.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Well after paying a deposit and waiting 2 months my jeep was delivered last Thursday. I spoke with the dealer and set up pick up for tomorrow which they agreed to. I got a call about 30 minutes ago that a mistake was made and they accidentally sold my jeep. They say they want to make it right but they didn't elaborate. I am so furious I cannot see straight. Pretty sure this just completely killed my jeep love.
yes, it was a horrible, horrible mistake to sell it at a nice hefty markup from the price they were going to sell it to you for! SMH... this would piss me off to no end.

Sponsored

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
The owner is going to call you? i wouldn't even want to get involved in a discussion with them. At this point, it's a used vehicle. You didn't order a used vehicle... you ordered a new one. They can have it.

IMO, the discussion should be with the dealer and how they're to going to make it right.
Yep you can offer him 10% less because as soon as it left the lot that's what it's worth now.

I would have lost my shit. It takes time to pdi a vehicle In and then do all the paperwork.

Rubisramansbestfriend

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0, HD Breakout 114, Unimog, GT500
So after speaking to the owner of the dealership who tried explaining that a new manager sold it by mistake and him offering me a bullshit resolution, I politely declined and told him my attorney would be in touch. He asked what I was talking about. I told him he breached our contract by selling my vehicle out from under me. He tried saying we didn't have a contract, ordering a jeep is a courtesy they offer. I told him sure but making me put down a deposit makes it a legal and binding contract. So after he tried convincing me I was wrong, my attorney called and spoke with him and the resolution offered is 40% off invoice of any vehicle in their inventory. Not my jeep I wanted but this opens up new doors. They currently have a Ram TRX, Wrangler 392 and Demon in inventory.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wifeā€™s)
So after speaking to the owner of the dealership who tried explaining that a new manager sold it by mistake and him offering me a bullshit resolution, I politely declined and told him my attorney would be in touch. He asked what I was talking about. I told him he breached our contract by selling my vehicle out from under me. He tried saying we didn't have a contract, ordering a jeep is a courtesy they offer. I told him sure but making me put down a deposit makes it a legal and binding contract. So after he tried convincing me I was wrong, my attorney called and spoke with him and the resolution offered is 40% off invoice of any vehicle in their inventory. Not my jeep I wanted but this opens up new doors. They currently have a Ram TRX, Wrangler 392 and Demon in inventory.
40% off invoice??? That sounds too good to be true. Thatā€™s way more than anyone would expect a dealer to do. I canā€™t wait to hear how this unfolds.

Shiner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
A couple of thoughts... First, I'd make sure those vehicles are actually in inventory rather than ordered vehicles for other customers. You got screwed over, I'd like to believe they wouldn't also then screw over the next guy to make it right for you.

Second.... assuming those are all in inventory and it were me, that Demon would already be sitting in my garage assuming good condition. Collectors item afterall.

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
Holy moly! I'd be all over that Demon, but either of the others would be a good get as well.

Sponsored

PBosch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
Well after paying a deposit and waiting 2 months my jeep was delivered last Thursday. I spoke with the dealer and set up pick up for tomorrow which they agreed to. I got a call about 30 minutes ago that a mistake was made and they accidentally sold my jeep. They say they want to make it right but they didn't elaborate. I am so furious I cannot see straight. Pretty sure this just completely killed my jeep love.
SON OF A ...... I would be so ^$&%*@ that I couldn't see straight

BlackTanJL22

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 2dr JL Black/Tan 6cyl stick
Still not your Jeep you wanted. Get more than that dealer involved in this. Still BS.

BlackTanJL22

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 2dr JL Black/Tan 6cyl stick
I donā€™t know if I have a VIN. I havenā€™t been told that one has been generated. I emailed my salesman last night about it. Curious about changes to ā€˜22 models if mines going to be a ā€˜22. so Iā€™m hoping he can tell me something today. Iā€™ll keep ya posted!
The Dealership got back to me. No VIN. Just a ā€œorder Numberā€ 8 digits. I called FCA Canada and a very polite lady told me thereā€™s nothing she can do unless the dealer can get the VIN. They say thereā€™s no VIN yet because the ā€œcold weather packageā€ is holding it up. I get itā€¦Iā€™m not mad..or upset. Just want to know if it will be winter or spring lmao

Gravytheclown

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Willys
new to the club. Ordered my JLU Willys 9/26/21. Got my vin after hounding the dealer for my POC. They only wanted to give me an status. I told them great it's in status D, That means you can give me my VON and my VIN now. 10 minutes I got my POC printed out with my VIN and such. Ill be watching like a hawk to make sure they don't pull the "sorry we sold your jeep" line.
The day I went to ask for and get my POC, they had a JLU Willys just like I wanted but without the electrical tow package. They asked if I just wanted to buy it and they could add the tow package there. I responded by pointing out the "SOLD" paper in the window. The sales guy pulled it out and said "don't look sold to me".
No that wasn't shady at all.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
new to the club. Ordered my JLU Willys 9/26/21. Got my vin after hounding the dealer for my POC. They only wanted to give me an status. I told them great it's in status D, That means you can give me my VON and my VIN now. 10 minutes I got my POC printed out with my VIN and such. Ill be watching like a hawk to make sure they don't pull the "sorry we sold your jeep" line.
The day I went to ask for and get my POC, they had a JLU Willys just like I wanted but without the electrical tow package. They asked if I just wanted to buy it and they could add the tow package there. I responded by pointing out the "SOLD" paper in the window. The sales guy pulled it out and said "don't look sold to me".
No that wasn't shady at all.
Probably not sold. They just put that sign to keep a vehicle in stock for someone to look at it and to have something rather than an empty showroom! But as you said, the sales guy's action gave a really bad impression. Not a good look for the dealership.
Sponsored